Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for March thru August 2004
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- CLEMENS, CLEMENTS posted by John Gunder on Tuesday, March 9, 2004
- Daniel Clemens thought to have resided in the Fostoria Seneca County Oh. it is thought that his mother Hannah Clemens may have died at his home later part of the year 1892. Any information on this man will be more than what I have now. Item: Some of my papers I show the name as CLEMENTS Willing to share information on Clemens family. John
- HAMPSHIRE, LONGERNECKER, LONGNECKER posted by Jean Longnecker on Monday, March 15, 2004
- Hello! I'm looking for any families in the area that might know about the Longnecker (Longernecker) family. Jacob Longnecker was born in Seneca County Nov., 1844. His son Amos, was born there Feb. 18, 1870. Jacob's wife was Elizabeth Hampshire from Fostoria, OH. The family left Seneca Co. in 1871. Any information can be e-mailed to me at: email@example.com. Thanks to all!. Jean Longnecker
- EVANS posted by Walter Beckmann on Monday, March 15, 2004
- I'm looking for info on Frederick Edward Evans, who lived in Tiffin for several years around 1900. Also looking for birth dates and information on Harry W Evans, Walter J Evans and Earl E Evans, all born to Frederick Evans between 1895 and 1905, in Tiffin. Walter
- GEORGE, REIMER posted by Dee Dee King on Tuesday, March 16, 2004
- Looking for info on Joseph GEORGE and wife Sarah "Sallie" REIMER. Joseph was from Northampton/Lehigh Co, PA ad moved to Bucyrus area possibly around 1830. His son John Wesley GEORGE may have been born in Seneca Co 2/19/1851. Any census, land, etc info would be great. Dee Dee King firstname.lastname@example.org
- STEWART posted by Alpha Quincy on Wednesday, March 17, 2004
- I'm looking for Alexander Stewart (b. 16 Dec. 1793, died "while presiding in court" 2 Jan. 1856). He came from Johnstown, Montgomery County, New York with his wife, Susan Palmer Stewart and their five children and arrived in Seneca County Ohio where their sixth child, Martin (or Morton?) was born on March 19, 1840. We have a copy of a deed to "Alexander Stewart, of Seneca County, Ohio", for 240 acres of land in Seneca County dated 10 November(?), 1840 and signed by President Martin Van Buren. The deed was granted but stated that it was subject to the sale of 240 acres owned by Alexander Stewart in Fort Wayne, Indiana. His wife was Susan Palmer Stewart, and their Children by then were: Erwin, Edwin, Henry, Irma (or Irene?), Ann, and then the new baby born in Ohio, Martin. Is there a birth certificate there? Later they moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, since several more children were born there later. If you could send me any information, I'd be very appreciative! If there is a cost, please let me know. Thank you, Alpha Quincy, Lafayette, California. My email address is above. Alphaq@aol.com
- HAKES, SHETTERLY posted by Cook on Sunday, March 21, 2004
- I am looking for information on Andrew and Anna Shetterly and Brazilla Hakes families in Seneca County. I would appreciate any help anyone may have.
- COPLER, COPPLER, HEPF, HEPP, HOEPF, HOPF posted by Renee Hoepf on Monday, March 29, 2004
- Looking for information of my Hoepf(Hepp,Hepf, Hopf) family in Seneca Co. So far I've tracked them back to Henry Hoepf(also Hepp, Hepf, or Hopf) b. 1813 in Bavaria d. Dec 8, 1900 and m. Elizbeth Coppler(Copler) b.1817 d.1886 If anyone has come across these or any of the mentioned surnames I'd like to hear about them. Thanks, Renee Hoepf
- ANDERSON, WAGNER posted by Bob on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
- Seeking info on George WAGNER born about 1822 in OH and his family. He married Sarah ANDERSON who was born about 1836 in OH per census records. One child, JOHN, born about 1855, supposedly in Seneca County, OH. Any birth records of children of George WAGNER and Sarah (ANDERSON) WAGNER would be beneficial and greatly appreciated. Any further info on George WAGNER or Sarah ANDERSON greatly appreciated also. Thanks and God Bless! Bob email@example.com
- ANDERSON, WAGNER posted by Bob on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
- Could someone please check the marriage index of Seneca County to determine if George WAGNER and Sarah ANDERSON married in Seneca County, please? One of their sons, JOHN, was born in Seneca County in 1855. A check for John's birth record would be greatly appreciated also. Thanks and God Bless! Bob firstname.lastname@example.org
- COOK posted by Kathy on Sunday, April 4, 2004
- I am looking for Dwight P. COOK born Dec 27, 1823 in CT. who removed to Seneca county, Ohio and later live in Hancock County, Oh where his children were born. Wm, Samuel, Abram, Susan, Della, Chester were the children. I am looking for his parents: Ransom and Polly ? , Cook. and not sure they followed him to Ohio. Would there be record of this in any Ohio marriages ? Perhaps names on the marriage application. Thanks for your help, Kathy
- DROWN posted by Deana Wallace on Saturday, April 17, 2004
- I am looking for a charles C. Drown age 14 in 1880 estimated birth is 1866 white male, lived in Pleasant. Deana Wallace, Yukon, Oklahoma.
- JENNINGS, REILLY posted by Roeljenn@aol.com on Sunday, April 25, 2004
- Thomas JENNINGS (born c. 1824 in Ireland) married Bridget REILLY (born c. 1824 in the Parish of Robeen, County Mayo, Ireland) in Tiffin, Seneca County, Ohio on August 16, 1852, in St. Mary's Catholic Church. They had a son Michael born on August 5, 1853, who was baptized at St. Mary's. In March 1854 Thomas Jennings filed a declaration of intent to become a citizen with the Seneca Co. Clerk of Court in Tiffin, and thereafter the family moved to Houston County, Minnesota. Searching for any information about Thomas Jennings or his family while in Ohio.
- MOES posted by email@example.com on Wednesday, May 5, 2004
- MOES family imigrated to Seneca Co. in the 1800.
- CUMMINGS, SILL posted by Kris Speer on Thursday, May 6, 2004
- I am looking for Fountain Cemetery in Fostoria,OH there is Arthur Cummings and his wife Marien(Sill)Cummings buried there
- BOOS, FALTER, HERMAN, HOLMER, MILLER, SCHRINER, SEASLEY, ZELLERS posted by Nancy L. Colon on Thursday, May 13, 2004
- Looking for any information on Joseph Miller, 1838--1899, and his wife Sophia Boos Miller, 1844--1906. They resided in or near Reedtown, Seneca Co., they are buried at Assumption Catholic Church Cemetery. Their Children were: Amelia, Marguerite Maria, Mary Christina, m. Alois Schriner, Catherine M., m. John Zellers, Philomena, Cecelia Sophia, m. William Schriner, George John, m Rosa Seasley, John, m. Rose Holmer, Frank Joseph, m Mary Herman, Edward Albin, m Honora Falter. Any information woukld be helpful. Sophia Boos Miller was a ggg-aunt, her siblings reside in Erie County, Ohio.
- MCEOWEN, RICHARDSON posted by Dan9969@aol.com on Tuesday, June 1, 2004
- Trying to find out information about Rosabelle Richardson, born in 1859 and died in 1940. Married to George McEowen.
- CROCKETT, SHIVELY posted by Christina Chavez on Friday, July 2, 2004
- I am currently researching the Shively family. I am looking for information on Henry B. Shively. He resided in 1898 in Tiffin. He married May 8th, 1869 Cora Crockett, born in Ohio. Henry Shively was born 1848/49 in Luzerne County, PA, but was raised in Clinton County, PA. I like to find any information on Henry B. Shively - death records, marriage record, exact date of birth, parents. Any help would be appreciated. I thank you in advance Christina Chavez
- NORTON posted by Debiom@aol.com on Monday, July 5, 2004
- I am looking for an obituary or information about a Rufus H. Norton. 0602-1844 to 0701-1920. Buried in Greenlawn Cemetary. All censuses that I can find show only his mother and himself, no mention of a father. Wondering if any newspapers printed information about his family in his obituary. Copy of death certificate has been written over about his father's name. Looks like Sands is last name but this is the last name of his wife's father, not his. Any information you can find would be GREATLY appreciated!
- CASS, GEREN posted by Bob on Tuesday, July 27, 2004
- Can someone in Seneca County please check for a marriage record for Willard Charles CASS (possibly under Charles CASS in 1924 or 1925. This is my grand-father and I have had no success in locating his marriage record. He worked for the Rail Road and it is believed he married in or near Bellvue, OH. At least one wife was Hettie GEREN. Thanks very much and God Bless! Bob firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOSTER posted by Mike Evans on Tuesday, August 3, 2004
- Looking for a Benjamin Foster, b. 1776, Oakham, MA, m. Lydie Long, also of Oakham. Pierce says he died in Ohio. He was a brother of Wm. Foster whose son Charles Foster was the founder of Fostoria, OH. Any information will be appreciated. Michael Evans email@example.com
- BERTON, KINTZ, LEY, LYE, STRAUSBAUGH, WAGNER posted by Marie Mastin on Wednesday, August 4, 2004
- I am looking for information about my LEY (LYE) family. Sebastian LEY/LYE married Mary Magdelena Berton Aug 8 1832 in Seneca or Crawford county. They had 10 children. One of their sons, Lewis Nicholas Ley married Mary Matilda Kintz on 26 May 1857 in Tiffin. They had two sons, Frank Sebastian Ley, who married Anna Margaret Wagner (my gg grandparents) 13 Aug 1879 in Allen county, Ohio, and Albert E. Ley, who married Mary A. Strausbaugh 24 June 1889 in Tiffin. Most of the family moved on to Delphos, Allen county, Ohio, but Albert and Mary stayed in Tiffin. They had one child, Grace M. that died in infancy at about 1 month. This family is buried in St. Joseph's Cemetery in Tiffin. Mary died 1 Apr 1920 and Albert died 27 Dec 1926. It is interesting to note that baby Grace is buried next to her grandmother Matilda in the cemetery. Next to Grace's stone is the vertical Strausbaugh monument. I have found several LEYS buried at St. Joseph's cem, but don't know how they connect to my family. I would love to be able to figure out how these "other Leys" are related to "my Leys." If anyone would like to discuss these families, please contact me. Thanks. I have a lot of Ley information that I can share! Maria Mastin
- KELLOG, LATHAM, LIVENSPIRE posted by Cynthia Crocker Scott on Wednesday, August 4, 2004
- Regarding connections to my Latham family of Seneca County, I'd like to include a search for the family of Helen Kate Livenspire 2-28-1870 to 6-21-1947. Born in Marseille, Ohio, died in Forest, Ohio. I have information about her father, Charles E. Livenspire, but not about her mother, Catherine E. Kellogg, born 12-22-1842 in New York and died 10-9-1919 in Forest Ohio. I am seeking information about the parents of Catherine E. Kellogg.
- HOOVER, MATHEWSON, SPEER posted by Dottie Stephenson on Saturday, August 7, 2004
- Mathewson, Hoover, Speer surnames. I am looking for any information for these people. Lyman Hoover who married Emma (Emily) Jane Mathewson who was the daughter of William Burrey (Bussey) Mathewson. Lyman Hoover married Emily Jane Mathewson on January 6, 1864. Emily was born in Seneca County on January 22, 1842. Lyman was born in Ohio on July 1, 1836. Lyman was the son of John Hoover and Maria Speer. Would like any information on these people. Thanks in advance, Dottie Stephenson firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOSTER, HIGGINS posted by Kathy Gaskins on Sunday, August 22, 2004
- Nancy E. Foster was born April 13, 1897 in Braxton County, WV. She lived at some point in or near Tiffin. Her husband was Ernie Higgins (no dates) and they had at least one child, a daughter named Wilma. Does anyone have any info at all on this family? I would love to make contact with any living descendants...Thanks in advance! Kathy Gaskins Barboursville, WV
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.