Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for June thru July 2001
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- DIFFENBAUGH posted by Rita Addison on Friday, June 1, 2001
- I am seeking information on my great uncle, Benjamin P.Diffenbaugh, and his wife,Effie (Sankey)Diffenbaugh. Would like to know where their burial site is. Believe they died in Seneca Co. Thank you.
- MARTIN, WRIGHT posted by John L. Dunham on Saturday, June 2, 2001
- Looking for information about ISSAC D. MARTIN;b 15 Oct 1825 in OH;d15 Nov 1888 in Salmonia,Jay Co.,IN;m JULIA WRIGHT 7 Jun 1849. JULIA WRIGHT;b 1 March 1826 in Ohio; d 18 Dec 1874 in Salmonia, Jay Co.,IN. These are my maternal great grandparents on my maternal grandmother's side. Does anyone know about these folks? Is the ISSAC D. MARTIN in the 1850 - Seneca Co. US census/Seneca Twnsp. - the same family. Thank you. John L. Dunham
- GEIGER, PENNELL, WILSON posted by Emily Kirkley on Tuesday, June 5, 2001
- Looking for info on Joseph Geiger, m. to Hannah Pennell, daughter of Isaac (Lewis) Pennell & IsabellaWilson, late l800s, from Chesster Co., Pa.
- BALDWIN posted by Nancy on Monday, June 11, 2001
- I am trying to find a connection between Walter Baldwin who came to Seneca County in the 1830's from Fairfield County and my ggggrandfather Isaac J. Baldwin who went to Hancock County. Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has Walter in his/her line.
- BOWERS, FELL, FILES, MILLER, REED, STATON posted by RL on Monday, June 11, 2001
- Seeking information on the family of Hattie Ann BOWERS born July 4 1882 in Republic Ohio the daughter of Frederick BOWERS and Mary FILES. She married in 1905 Alfred Grover STATON. According to the obit for Hattie she had 3 sisters living at the time of her death, Mrs. Frank MILLER of Clyde, Mrs Earl FELL of Punxsutawney PA, and Mrs. Earl REED of Willard, and one brother, Harry BOWERS of Attica. Any information would be greatly appreciated. RL
- HERRIN, MURRAY posted by Steve on Monday, June 11, 2001
- My surname that I am searching for Is Murray. James C. Murray married Nancy R. (Herrin) and had four children in the 1830's. David, Thomas and Henry were the first three. Any information on any of these people would be greatly appreciated.
- MEASEL, SPARKS posted by Kim Waller on Sunday, June 17, 2001
- I am looking for information on the Seneca County Sparks family, particulary Martha Peterson & Dr. James Sparks and the family of their son John Sparks and Susan R. Measel. Need to know if Susan died young or if John and Susan were divorced. Thanks.
- ELLIS, JAMES, LONGSTREET, MEASLES, PETERSON, SPARKS posted by Pamela Lucas on Tuesday, June 19, 2001
- Seeking information on the PETERSON and SPARKS families who lived in Seneca Co., Scipio twp. between 1832 and 1860. Revolutionary War veteran Matson PETERSON (1765-1846) lived there with his daughter, Martha PETERSON SPARKS, and her husband, Dr JAMES S. SPARKS. Allied families include LONGSTREET, ELLIS and MEASLES. I would like to share information with anyone researching these names
- COOK, CORBETT, FIFE, GREEN, KING, LEWIS, RASHER, WELCH posted by Jane Graettinger on Wednesday, June 20, 2001
- Mary Polly WELCH RASHER marr James CORBETT in Huron Co. OH 1819. Two daughters named RASHER 6 CORBETT children. Resided Bascom & Melmore of Seneca Co. Alvira RASHER marr Thomas GREEN 1830 (where?) she died 1881 (bur. where?). 10 children: Matilda marr William COOK; Angeline marr Samuel Boyd FIFE in 1858 (where?); Malinda marr Morrison LEWIS in 1871 (where?) died 1917 (buried?) Elvira marr Albert Gaston McComb 1869 (where?) died 1915 (where?) Martin WELCH GREEN marr Minerva Catherine KING 1874 (where?) died Farmdale, Trumbull Co., OH 1912. Harrison, Eliza, Christina & George died in childhood. Harriett died 1911. No spouse etc. Mary Polly WELCH RASHER CORBETT bur. Down Cem., Melmore, Seneca Co., OH when? verify? spouse? first husband? Need help filling in the blanks.
- CRAPO, STOWLE, UNGER posted by Shar on Monday, June 25, 2001
- CRAPO David & Mercy or Marcia Stowle Crapo their dau. Hannah A. b. 1836 Bloomfield, Seneca/OH, married Daniel Unger 1854 Ionia/MI. I am looking for Unger connections...Also please email me directly if responding to this query..Thank you, Shar email@example.com
- CRAPO, HANKS, SAUERS, SWIGART, UNGER posted by Shar on Monday, June 25, 2001
- UNGER I am researching Unger men who could be brothers or cousins...George b 1818 PA to Seneca/OH about 1846 where he married Anna P. Swigart. He lived in IN for some years then returned to Seneca/OH until his death....Daniel b 1813 PA who married Hannah Crapo b 1836 Bloomfield, Seneca/OH ,lived in Ionia/MI....David b 1831 PA who may have married in Richland/OH then moved to Kent/MI then Oceana/MI. He had a daughter named Lydia, who married B. Hanks.....Christian b 1813 PA who married Ann Sauers and lived in Ontario and Kent/MI....Please also email me directly if responding to this query..Thank you, Shar
- DOWNING, RICE, SHRENK posted by Bonnie on Monday, June 25, 2001
- Looking for marriage record for Olive (Ollie) RICE and Smith McBride DOWNING married about 1893-95. Oldest son born 29 JULY 1895. Ollie Rice was daughter of George H. and Elizabeth( SHRENK) RICE. Ollie was born 4 OCT 1868 in Attica, Seneca Co., OH. In 1880 she lived with her parents in Venice twp., Attica, Ohio. Does anyone had a marriage record index that lists Ollie Rice and Smith McBride DOWNING. Thank You!
- HOPPLE, SPARKS posted by Kim Waller on Monday, July 2, 2001
- John A. Hopple and Mary Sparks were married in Seneca County, OH in 1888. They were living in Adams Twp, Seneca Co. when the 1900 census was taken with children May, Hattie, and Earl (Irl). Does anyone have any information on this family? I would particularly like to know if Mary was the daughter of Susan Measel and John Sparks. Thanks.
- HOCH, HOKE, SPARKS posted by Kim Waller on Monday, July 2, 2001
- David Hoke and Stella Sparks were married in Seneca County, OH in 1894. Does anyone know anything about this couple? I was unable to locate them in 1900. Who were Stella's parents? I obtained a copy of the marriage record and it didn't give the parents' names. Thanks.
- BONHOLZER, LAUER, WAHL posted by L. W. Reaume on Wednesday, July 4, 2001
- Researching the New Reigel family of BONHOLZER & WAHL. John Bonholzer moved to Ottoville OH and married into the Nicholas LAUER family there.
- ELCHERT, OSWALD, WILLIAMS posted by Bill Waugaman on Thursday, July 5, 2001
- OSWALD,WILLIAMS,ELCHERT. Looking for information on the Carl Oswald Family, they had a farm and Dairy on Greenlawn Dr. I think it was called Gernesy Maid Dairy. Carl married Corrine Williams dau of Joseph and Catherine(Elchert)Williams. Would be interested in corresponding with anyone, even if you just knew of them.
- SCHARFER, WARD posted by A. Ward on Saturday, July 7, 2001
- Information about Tilghman Ward and his descendants would be appreciated. Tilghman Ward, son of Abraham and Sabina Ward, Northampton County, PA. Tilghman was born in Plainfield Twp., Northampton County, PA. on 21 Nov 1847 and in 1897, resided in Tiffin,Ohio. He was reported as still residing in Tiffin in 1929. Information is from "Jacobsburg, A Pennsyvlania Community and Its People." by Charles M. Sandwick. Tilghman WARD Spouse: Maria SCHARFER Marriage: 16 Jan 1870 Seneca, Ohio
- CHAMBERLIN, CORY, LAMB posted by Leslie Jean Chamberlin on Sunday, July 8, 2001
- Information on birth of Oliver Perry Chamberlin born in Seneca County Ohio on 12/17/1851 parents James M. and Catherine A. Jones Chamberlin. Birth certificate for Jeannette (Nettie) Cory born in Melmore Ohio in 1858. Birth certificate for Maria Anna Lamb born 1/3/1882 Columbiana Ohio parents Anna Maria Schneider and Orris Pier Lamb.
- PHILLIPS, SHAVER, SMITH, SPINK, WISE posted by Peggy Wise on Sunday, July 8, 2001
- George Wesley Wise 1838-1915 and Arletta J. ? born 1845 died 1874 were in Seneca Co., Ohio in the late 1800's Children of George Wesley and Arletta J. were: Ella born 1866 who married Albert/Bert Spink George Wesley Wise Jr. 1868-1937 who married Minnie Elizabeth Smith of Elsie, MI Emma Rosella 1872-1874 Arletta wife of George Wesley Wise 1838-1915 died in 1874. George Wesley Wise 1845-1915 married Sarah A. Phillips born 1848. Children of Sarah and George were: Tine/Tina born 1873 who married Daniel Ahaver Henry Wise born 1870 married Ada ? Homer G. 1881-1897 June who died 18 March 1889 at age 7y 1m Earl who died 22 April 1889 at age 11y 3m George also had a son Elmer I do not know which wife was his mother. George Wesley Wise JR. 1868-1937 married Minnie Elizabeth Smith. children of George and Minnie were: Lelah who married Ernear Hemminger Ethel who married Bud Hastings Delbert who married Eileene Raymond who married Phillis Betty who married Bill Smith Loretta who married Ted Pollard I would appreciate any info on this family. Thank you, Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEAVER posted by Mary Weaver on Sunday, July 8, 2001
- Seeking church record information for three Weaver infants buried Farewell Retreat Cemetery in the time period 1850 to 1858. I believe the lots are 655- 667-647. They were the children of George W. and Eliza (Davis) Weaver. They were Dunkards and lived in the Republic, Ohio, area from 1849 to 1861. I am very interested in knowing where the Dunkard Church records may be maintained. I live in California and do not have the luxury of "hands on" search but may be able to secure the help of an Ohio relative. Thanks
- BISHOP, IJAMS, PENROSE posted by Susan Gould on Wednesday, July 11, 2001
- Seeking ancestors of Laura N. BISHOP b. 22 Jan 1847 Tiffin, OH m. 1)9 Nov 1865 to William Henry IJAMS Cass Co.,OH m. 2)28 Oct 1872 to Joseph H. PENROSE Cass Co.,OH she died abt 1912; is my husband's great-grandmother.
- HAINES, SLAYMAKER posted by Bruce Mullendore on Thursday, July 12, 2001
- We are looking for information on Susan G. Slaymaker who married Josiah Haines in Seneca County about 1847. We would like information on when she was born, parents names, and any other information that might be available. My wife g. grandfather, William Homer Haines, was born in Seneca County. As far as we know, Josiah and Susan had 9 children of whom 7 lived to adulthood.
- GILLETT, HAYNES, HUGHES, MEIKLE, THEISEN posted by Diana Johnson on Saturday, July 14, 2001
- I am looking for the Family of Joseph Theisen b 1866 in Sandusky, Ohio. He and his family lived in the area between 1900 and 1910. He was a Paper hanger and Decorator. Wife: Bridget (Della or Maude)Beatrice Hughes b 25 May 1874 Children: Anna Catherine, Florence Lillian, Joseph Jr. all born in Norwalk, Ohio. Any connection to the above? I am aware that Joseph died at St.Mary's in Tiffin. Diana
- ROBERTS, WAGNER, WARD posted by Mary Kay Cole Ward on Wednesday, July 18, 2001
- Death cert info: Mary WAGNER & John ROBERTS were the parents of Francis (Fannie) Emily ROBERTS. Was Mary related to any WAGNER's in Seneca Co, OH? Mary WAGNER married 1st Mr. JOHNSON abt 1832. On the 1850 Census for Crawford twp, Wyandot Co, OH Mary (Wagner) ROBERTS was head of household (no husband listed) with 3 JOHNSON children (John 17, Susan 12 & Allen 8) and 2 ROBERTS children (Mary born 1844 and Fannie born 7 Oct 1845). The youngest child, Fannie Emily ROBERTS m 18 Jul 1861 in Hancock Co, OH Malhon James WARD b 1832 in Findlay, Hancock Co, OH. Their 1st child, Zophar John WARD was born in 1862 in Ft Wayne, Allen Co, Indiana. They had 3 more children (from 1864-1875) in Eau Claire, Wisconsin (George, Orion & Emily Anne WARD) and then moved to Springfield, Greene Co, Missouri abt 1887. By 1900 most of this WARD family moved to Brookings Co, SD where most of them died. Fannie ROBERTS & Malhon James WARD were my husband's great grandparents. Please write: Mary K. Ward, 1432 Yeardley Dr, Richmond, VA 23225; ph 804-232-9338. Thanks. to: Mary K. Ward, 1432 Yeardley Dr, Richmond, VA 23225; ph: 804-232-9338. Thanks.
- MURRAY posted by A. Murray on Tuesday, July 24, 2001
- Seeking information on JOHN M. and MARY E. MURRAY of Seneca Co., Ohio during the 1853-1863 period. John is listed in the Seneca County Directory. Seeking any information on his home, business, and family. Also, need information on any epidemics during that time to determine when he and his wife died. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. E-mail me at email@example.com
- HITE, KAGY posted by Connie Christman on Wednesday, July 25, 2001
- Is there a book with the burial records of the Kagy Cemetary in Seneca Co. Ohio. I am looking for any info on a Magdaline Hite buried there and possibly finding who her daughter and son in law were. I believe her son in law was a Kagy. Thank you Connie Taylor Christman
- BRAUN, FISCHER, HAUG, LENDER, NEUMEYER, NEWMEYER, SANDER, SENDER, ZENTER posted by Pat Colbert on Tuesday, July 31, 2001
- Seeking information primarily on Ignatius Newmeyer, and his wife Walburga Sanders. Sometimes Walburga is listed as Anna or Maria. Sometimes her last name is listed as Zenter, Sender or Sander. Both lived in Seneca County in 1850. The following people are mentioned in old Baptism records from St. Boniface Catholic Church. Adam Lender, Regina Haug, Meinrad Zenter, Christina Braun, Katharine Wunderly, Frederich Schalk, Rupert Braun, Christina Fischer, Joseph Sender, Maria Kletz, Adrian Neumeyer, Katarina Bistner, Antonii Sender, Magdelena Bistner. If any of these names are familiar to you, please respond.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.