Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for May thru September 1997
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BILLMAN, DILDINE, ECKMAN, HINES, POWELL, SHEARER, WEISHEIT posted by Dave Curliss on Wednesday, May 7, 1997
- I am seeking help with the following families in Seneca C.; (1)BILLMAN, (2)ECKMAN, (3)HINES, (4) SHEARER & (5) WEISHEIT. 1) I need help with the pedigree connections for George BILLMAN [1804-79] who moved to Seneca Co. in 1839 with wife Elizabeth POWELL. 2) I'm also needing pedigree connections as well as vitals for Martha "Anna" ECKMAN. She married James DILDINE in Seneca Co. on 18 Feb. 1852. DOB vitals for James are also needed, though his death record states that he was born in Tiffin about 1831/32. 3) Pedigree lines are also needed for Elizabeth HINES [1798-1885], wife of John DILDINE who came to Seneca Co. abt. 1824. 4) I'm need the pedigree connections for Anna Elizabeth SHEARER [1844-78] who died shortly after moving to Seneca Co with husband Ernest WEISHEIT. 5) Looking for any info on the family of Ernest Frederic WEISHEIT [1838-1921] who were of Saxony, Germany. Thanks to any who can be of help. You can Email, write to 1227 Pawnee Tr., Carrollton, TX 75007-6212 or call (972) 492-8823.
- BELL, BRUCE, LINSENCY, POOL, RICE posted by Debbie Brooks on Friday, May 16, 1997
- I am looking for any information on Vincent BELL or other members of his family. Vincent was born in 1789 in Maryland and died November 8, 1854 in Seneca County Ohio. He is buried in Pleasant Union Cemetery. He was married to Rachel BRUCE and they had the following children: James who married Euretta RICE, Ruth who married Cyrus POOL, Ann who married John LINSENCY, Mary, Sarah, Vincent and Frances. I stuck with him since I can't find his birth or parents Thank you so much for any help.
- BLAKESLEY, MCCLURE posted by William Morgan on Friday, May 16, 1997
- Seeking information on my great great grandfather Edson McClure BLAKESLEY, son of John Blakesley and Isabel MCCLURE. His pension records indicate that he was born in the town of Republic, in Seneca County, in 1845. Any help greatly appreciated. William Morgan 3626 Bobolink Lane Orlando, FL 32803-2406
- ANDERSON posted by Rebekah Shelton on Thursday, May 22, 1997
- Looking for information on the ANDERSON family. James ANDERSON was born in Ireland and immigrated with his parents Thomas and Elizabeth ANDERSON in the early 1800's, first settling in Monroe County OH. It appears that James married a lady named "Sarah". What is her last name. James and Sarah ANDERSON had two children born in Seneca County: Susan J. in 1833 and Charles in 1835. The ANDERSON's then appear in Belmont County before removing to several counties in WV along the Ohio River. Did James marry Sarah J. in Seneca County? Does anyone have information on Sarah's family? Thanks for your help.
- CURLIS, CURLISS, ROBINSON posted by Dave Curliss on Sunday, May 25, 1997
- CURLIS. Looking for any information on the name CURLIS. My surname line, descendant of Taylor CURLISS from Clermont Co., Oh, moved north and settled in NE Ohio. Though my great grandfather Allen Curlis, migrated north and lived in Rudolph of Wood Couty, the name CURLIS(S) appears in nearly all NE Ohio areas today. It is not know if he moved with north with siblings, but it is known that he married Emma ROBINSON of Huron Co. in 1879 any many of their children moved west to Oklahoma. Any help in learning more with this line would be appreciated. You may Email me, or write me at 1227 Pawnee Trail, Carrollton, TX 75007-6212. Thank you.
- KERN posted by James Wagner on Tuesday, May 27, 1997
- Looking for information for a Francis Xavier KERN b: Ca 1785 in Nurenberg, Baden, Klein Basil Germany. Came to America in CA 1835 with wife Agatha and 8 children, Xavier,Alois,Peter, Joseph, Anthony, Conrad, Rosa and Agatha. Francis and Agatha might be buried in New Riegel Cemetary. Rosa KERN was my great-greatgrandmother.She is buried there Rosa Deckard. Looking for information on any decendants of KERN. They might have lived in the New Reigel Seneca county area. Thank you for any help you can provide.
- ROGERS posted by Bill Cooley on Thursday, June 5, 1997
- Lookin for descendants of Stephen and Jane ROGERS, both born in England, emigrated to Anne Arundel County, MD, in 1819 and on to Seneca County c. 1836. Bio sketch in "History of Seneca County" of son John who married (1) Elmira Snyder, then (2) Agnes Freeborn. Other Children were Stephen, Sarah, Thomas, William, and Mary. Thomas, a blacksmith, was married to Verlinda Rebecca Wheeler (in MD), had eight children in Venice Twp and relocated to Ottawa County, c. 1858......John, himself, had eight children: William, Mary, Anna, Levina, Mary J., David, Amos C., and Isabella.
- HEBERT, MASSIE, MOON posted by Matthew Sorensen on Thursday, June 5, 1997
- Seeking information about Angues Peter MOON and his wife Essie Lucille MASSIE and their families. They lived in Fostoria, Ohio. I believe Essie died there sometime in the late 1950s. At least one child, daughter Carmen Lucinda MOON, born December 08, 1911 and died in the late 1970s. Carmen married Earl William HEBERT. Carmen and Earl were my maternal gradparents.
- BOWMAN, MCGOUGH posted by Candace King on Saturday, June 7, 1997
- MCGOUGH, Philip: Looking for any information on my Great-great grandfather, Born Seneca County, Ohio Sept 21,1830 Died Bartlesville, OK Sept 14, 1920. Also Sarah Jane BOWMAN, his wife.
- ABBOTT, BOWEN, FRISINGER, KEMP, POTTS, ROOP posted by Margie Pearce on Monday, June 9, 1997
- ROOP/ABBOTT/FRISINGER/KEMP/BOWEN/POTTS I am seeking any information on the family/siblings/descendants of Fredrick ROOP (1765-1831) and Elizabeth ABBOTT (1773-1841). Elizabeth died and is buried in Senaca Co. They had 13 children, including Samuel ROOP (1816-1886) m. Margaret FRISINGER (12 children born in Van Wert Co) and Joseph ROOP (1808-1875) m. Elizabeth KEMP. One of Joseph's sons, Andrew J. ROOP (1837-1909) m. Ruth BOWEN in 1860 in Van Wert Co. Another son, Amos ROOP m. Arvilla POTTS of Van Wert. By 1847, Joseph and Elizabeth moved to Adams Co, IN. Any help would be much appreciated and I'll be happy to share lots of Roop details.
- KNAPPENBERGER, STONER posted by Kay on Tuesday, June 17, 1997
- KNAPPENBERGER/STONER- looking for parents of Augustus knappenberger (GUS) He was born in 1853 in Seneca, Crawford or Tuscarus counties. He married Anna Belle STONER. They lived much of their lives in Attica, Ohio, Tiffin, Ohio and Green Springs, Ohio. They are buried in Green Springs, Ohio. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
- LEAHY, STACK posted by Sheila Burke on Monday, June 30, 1997
- Many distant cousins and I are searching to find information on the LEAHY families which came to the Louden Township area of Tiffin (Seneca County) C. 1833. They were: David, James, Cornelious, and Owen Leahy. We have quite extensive information on all of these except Cornelious. Also looking for husband of Catherine STACK (nee Francis) and father to Garrett and Catherine (Jr.) STACK He died sometime C. 1856. Catherine remarried Owen Leahy 1857. Any information (even if it seems small) would be greatly appreciated! Sheila Burke and family.
- FOX, FREY, FRY, KING, LEAHY, NIEBEL, RHINEBOLT, SCHMIDT, SLOMAN, SMITH, TRANSUE, UNSER posted by Heather Zabel on Tuesday, July 1, 1997
- Have & need info on the following families from Seneca co. FOX, FREY, FRY, KING, LEAHY, McBRIDE, NIEBEL, RHINEBOLT, SCHMIDT, SLOMAN, SMITH, TRANSUE, UNSER. Thank you.
- CARR, PHILLIPS posted by Tracy Hayse on Sunday, July 6, 1997
- Looking for information re:PHILLIPS, Edward Albert, born 6/9/1879 in St. Stephens (sp?) OH. Married to CARR, Katherine (sp?) born on 1/15/1885. Beleieved to have been married in Tiffin, OH, ca. 1904. Parents were PHILLIPS, Louis and Christine Falter and CARR, Patrick and Mary Hughes.
- KILL, RAHRIG, YOCHUM posted by John Yochum on Tuesday, August 12, 1997
- Nicholas KILL (b.1/22/1835 Luxembourg to Jacob&Mary(Thom)Kill) m.4/16/1861 in New Riegel, Elizabeth RAHRIG (b.5/8/1838 New Riegel SenecaCoOH to Philip&Mary(Myers)Rahrig) and had dau Helena KILL b.9/11/1856 Tiffin SenecaCoOH, who wed John YOCHUM. Any thoughts? Thanks!
- CESSNA, DYE, GEE, MCDOUGLE, MCDOULE, SNOOK, WYANT posted by J. Terwilliger on Sunday, August 24, 1997
- Looking to share information on the following families from Seneca Co OH.WYANT,SNOOK,MCDOULE/MCDOUGLE,DYE,GEE,CESSNA
- YOTTER posted by Chris Yoder on Sunday, August 24, 1997
- Melchior YOTTER settled in Adams Twp, Seneca County, in 1833. I'd be interested in anything anyone can tell me about his residence, his resting place, his children, and when he died. Thanks for your help.Melchior Yotter settled in Adams Twp, Seneca County, in 1833. I'd be interested in anything anyone can tell me about his residence, his resting place, his children, and when he died. Thanks for your help.otter settled in Adams Twp, Seneca County, in 1833. I'd be interested in anything anyone can tell me about his residence, his resting place, his children, and when he died. Thanks for your help.
- FEUERBACH, FIREBAUGH, SMITH posted by Catherine Ocsaksy on Tuesday, September 9, 1997
- Looking for information on FIREBAUGH family ...could be spelled FEUERBACH. Lived in or near Tiffin late 1830's or 1840's. My great grandfather was Casper Firebaugh. He was married to Elizabeth SMITH. My grandmother's name was Elizabeth b. Sep 10, 1845. Family later moved to Delphos, Ohio Don't know when they arrived from Germany and whether they were married in Germany or met in Tiffin etc. Any information helpful. They were Roman Catholics.
- RICKENBAUGH posted by Frank Rickenbaugh on Sunday, September 21, 1997
- Hi, Im looking for information on the Rickenbaugh surname. specifically on ancestors of Jacob Rickenbaugh b:abt 1833 in Ohio. He was married on 25 dec 1855 in Seneca Cty. OH to Ruth Milliman they had three sons. John C, Ralph and Frank. Any help would be apprieciated.
- WINCH posted by George Winch on Monday, September 22, 1997
- I am researching the WINCH Family. Two brothers William W Winch and Francis F Winch moved to Seneca County Ohio, in about 1870, from Lehigh County, PA. They were listed in the 1880 Ohio census as Seneca County, liberty Township. I have some information, their families are incomplete. I have relatively good information on their ancestors in PA, that I will contribute. Thanks, gaw.
- LOCKE posted by Jerry Harrison on Wednesday, September 24, 1997
- Hi, I am looking for information about the families of David Ross LOCKE, and his brothers O(tis?) T. LOCKE, and C.N. LOCKE. They all lived and worked in Seneca County, OH. They were newspaper reporters, printers, and editors. David was the famous "Petroleum V. Nasby" of Civil War days. They owned/edited newspapers in Tiffin, as well as Plymouth, Bucyrus and Toledo, OH. David R. edited the Toledo Blade. Any information about their wives and children would be appreciated.
- FISCHER, LUDWIG, SCHALK posted by Bruce Ludwig on Monday, September 29, 1997
- I am seeking information about Mary SCHALK (1850 - 1926), from New Riegel, Seneca Co. Ohio. Mary married Lawrence FISCHER (1853 - 1936)and they had at least one daughter, my GM Gussie FISCHER (b~1880 - 1938). Gussie married Elmer Curtis LUDWIG (1880 - 1956)and they lived in Bluffton. Mary SCHALK and Lawrence FISCHER may have lived in Bluffton, Allen Co., also. I am also seeking information on any LUDWIGs or LUDWICKs.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.