Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for July thru October 1998
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- HUFF, REYNOLDS posted by Keith Reynolds on Thursday, July 2, 1998
- Seeking information on Martha Huff, birthdate unknown, wife of Jacob Reynolds (born in Fostoria in 1854).
- WIMER, WYMER posted by Jeannine Wiley on Tuesday, July 21, 1998
- I am looking for my g-g-g-grandfather Olliver Pettibone Wymer. or Wimer. He came from Seneca Co. OH. He settled in the Madison Co. area of Arakansas. He died in 1909. He had a son named Carey (Ked) Wymer. Carey died youn. Thank you for any help.
- FREDERICK, GARMAN, GERMAN, HENSINGER, WEHR posted by Sue Love on Friday, July 24, 1998
- Would like to exchange information with anyone who is researching the above surnames. Sue Love
- COOK, CRAMER, LUDWIG posted by Edith Anna Mae Cramer on Saturday, July 25, 1998
- Looking for Charlene "Sue" Cook born in the 1950s. Married to become Charlene "Sue" Cramer and then later remarried as Charlene "Sue" Ludwig. Deceased between 1972-1976. Resided primarily as far as I know in Fostoria, Arlington, Arcadia and Findlay, Ohio. Any information would be rewarded and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
- BOWEN, MURRAY, NAUGLE, SWORDEN posted by Loren Lyon on Tuesday, August 4, 1998
- NAUGLE, Solomon and Elizabeth from Columbia cty PA moved to Seneca Co. in 1833 daughter Eliza married Hazael Murray in 1844, moved to Liberty township, Henry Co. in 1877. Children Elizabeth, Mary, Solomon and Lavina. Solomon died in 1854 Eliza married Zenas Sworden with whom there were twins Americus and America and daughter Minerva. Eliza Sworden died at Grelton,OH Oct 23, 1907 Any information on NAUGLE, MURRAY or SWORDEN or BOWEN would be appreciated.
- FRANCIS, MCCLURE posted by Vicki Showers on Tuesday, August 11, 1998
- i am looking for Margarette (Margaret) Elizabeth McCLURE b. 4-6-1830 in Virginia and moved as a young girl to Ohio, she married Spencer Armstrong FRANCIS b. 7-12-1825 . they were married 4-27-1852 in Tiffin, Seneca Co. Ohio. They were both buried in Grand Rapids, Michigan, she in 1907 and him some years later.
- BEMISDERFER posted by Tim Bemisderfer on Monday, August 24, 1998
- Searching for list of families in Seneca and Wyandot counties
- JENNINGS posted by Barb Retcher on Friday, August 28, 1998
- I am looking for more information on Jackson Jennings who was born Sept.30,1826 in Seneca Co. Jackson Married Elizabeth Sloane. Jackson and his parents Jacob S. Jennings and Oca Blackford moved to Fulton County Ohio where they are all buried. Any information that you can share is greatly appreciated
- KEMP, MILLER posted by Richard Cottrell on Monday, August 31, 1998
- Seeking info on John W. KEMP and family who moved to Seneca Co., OH about 1820. John W. KEMP was b. 15 Feb 1745 Frederick Co., MD and d. 16 Nov 1844 Seneca Co., OH. He is buried at Sandridge Cem., Bascom, Seneca Co., OH. He was married to Mary MILLER about 1768 Frederick Co., MD. He had the following children: John, Elizabeth, Phillip, and David. He is the son of John and Mary (?) KEMP of Frederick Co., MD. His father John KEMP b.1715 MD d.3 Mar 1764 MD. He had two sisters, Mary and Catherine. Previous books with info on John W. KEMP are erronious concerning his family. My ancestor is the son David KEMP who was b. 1 Mar 1777 MD and d. 30 Jan 1863 Cass Co., IN. Anyone with info on John W. KEMP and family please contact me at: Richard Cottrell, Rt.2 Box 84, Rising Star, TX 76471 or email me. Thanks
- ALDRICH, AUDRITSH, HEFFNER posted by Craig Aldrich on Monday, August 31, 1998
- Looking for birth/death/marriage date/places for sons & daughters of Bert Heffner and Maudie Mae Flenner. Children: Velma (married Lewis Maule?), Elbert, Charles (Mel), Alfred, Edna Leona (married Harold Martin) and Lola (married James Koke?) Bert and Maudie married 29 Jan 1911 in Green Springs. Related to Aldrich through sister Corrine Heffner (married Floyd Aldrich, 22 Feb 1913) Thanks!
- SLEIGHT posted by Towna Aris on Sunday, September 13, 1998
- I am looking for information on George & Ann (Myers) Sleight. In 1849 they bought land in Venice Twp. Section 34 in Seneca County. They had a daughter named Samantha Jane who was born Aug. 11, 1856. Thank you.
- CASANOVA, CROCKER, DANIELS, FALTER posted by Vincent E. Falter on Thursday, September 17, 1998
- Seek info on descendants of John Peter CASANOVA and wife Margaretha FALTER. They settled, probably, in Benton Township of Paulding County in abt 1857, and several members later settled in Putnam County, abt 1875. The family was originally from Seneca County, OH. They had children: Jacob, Joseph who married Bertha CROCKER, Bertha, Barney, Anthony, Rose, Rosa (same as Rose?) who married John DANIELS, and Odille.
- NEWHOUSE posted by Wendy Hodgden on Sunday, September 27, 1998
- I am looking for info on a town called Kansas in Seneca county on the broder of Sandusky. I had a great great grandfather, JAcob Newhouse, that lived there in the 1870's and owned a general store, lumber mill and flour mill. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
- COMP, MUNDWILE, MUNDWILER, SIDNEY, WELLS posted by Dorothea B. Clymer on Thursday, October 1, 1998
- Researching MUNDWILER family of Seneca, Hancock & Wood cos. Husband's grt-grf Jacob Shadow MUNDWILE b. 25 Jan 1838 Lawrence Co PA, son of Jacob M. MUNDWILER and wife Rebecca. Jacob Shadow MUNDWILER m. M. 1864 Mary Ellen WELLS, daug of Thomas & Lucy Ann (SIDNEY) WELLS at Tiffin. Recently downloaded from Family Tree Maker that Rebecca, wife of Jacob M. MUNDWILER (1809-1871) was Rebecca COMP and that she graduated from Heidelburg Col. age 16. How'd she, with husb those life years, graduate from a college established in 1850??? Who was Rebecca COMP?
- CLEMENS, GONDER, KIZER posted by John Gunder on Saturday, October 3, 1998
- CLEMENS/GONDER I am trying to trace my Great grand mothers family. Daniel CLEMENS arrived in Seneca Co sometime prior to 1843 from western Pa. and married a Hannah KIZER and about 1845 moved on to Wood co Oh. Two of his children are known of the several in the family. One is my GGrandmother Elizabeth who married a David GONDER and the other is John CLEMENS. I am willing to share information. John Gunder KBOSZO@aol.com
- BENNETT, BRUNHAVER posted by Nancy Shire on Tuesday, October 6, 1998
- Wish to contact anyone who knows anything about a BRUNHAVER family that may have lived in Seneca County in the 1800's. Connected to the BENNETT line.
- BARROWS, CRONISE, FONDENBERG, LITTLE posted by Christopher Lyttle on Friday, October 9, 1998
- CHARLES CRONISE (1831-1869) son of HENRY CRONISE and SUSANNA FONDENBERG married 20 Sept 1859 MARTHA MARIA LITTLE (1833-1922) daughter of SHUBAEL LITTLE and DEBORAH BARROWS. The 1850 US Census shows the Henry Cronise family in Tiffin, where they apparently had lived since sometime between 1820 and 1826. Shubael Little and his family lived in Jefferson County, New York from before 1819 and Martha Maria was still there for the 1850 US Census. What connects these two families? How did Martha Maria meet Charles? Any insights or inquiries welcome.
- ELDER posted by Thomas Lester Wilson on Sunday, October 11, 1998
- Gggrandfather William Elder was born in Seneca County, Ohio on February 26,1826. His parents were Thomas Jefferson and Cynthia (maiden name unknown) Elder. In 1842 Thomas Jefferson Elder moved his family to Kosciusko County, Indiana. Their family included or would include: Leah; Jane; Amanda; Lafayette; Samuel; George and Nettie. I am looking for connections to Thomas Jefferson Elder, who would have been born around 1802 or 1803. I would appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks. Thomas Lester Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
- CRAWFORD posted by James Maloney on Tuesday, October 13, 1998
- Seeking information about William J. Crawford, M.D., who resided in Tiffin in 1879, about his brother, Francis W. Crawford who lived in Republic 1872-1877 and who died in Bardstown, Wood County, in 1878, and about their parents.
- KLINE, LANKIN, LAPHAM, OCKER posted by Suzie Brubach on Thursday, October 15, 1998
- I have Elwood S. LAPHAM and Glen B. LAPHAM and Mr. and Mrs. E.S. LANKIN who signed my g grandmother's autograph album on 5/6/1883. They included Republic, Seneca Co. with their inscription. Will share with anyone who has these people.
- ANSPACH, HULL, STRAUSS posted by Jenny Graham on Thursday, October 15, 1998
- Searching for family of Edward Stanley STRAUSS, born 1863/1864 in OH, possibly in Seneca Co. Parents may have been from PA. Had at least one sister. Edward S. STRAUSS was in Riverside, CA by 1890s. Married in Riverside ca 1898 to Mrs. Gertrude ANSPACH (nee Gertrude Augusta HULL). They had the following children, all born and raised in Riverside: Phyllis (b. 1899), Helen Claire (b. 1900), Claude Stanley, Harry (Henry?), Edna Mae, and Frances Alta STRAUSS (b. 1916). Edward S. STRAUSS died ca 1932 of heart failure. His daughter Phyllis also died of heart failure. Any help in tracking down this man's ancestry will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- BERTIG, DUTT, EHRBAER, MRS, ROBERT, ROLLER, SCHMUCKER, SPRINGER, STUCKEY posted by Marynie on Friday, October 16, 1998
- I am trying to locate the last three daughters of Frederick and Anna (Springer) Roller, both from Wuttemberg, Germany. They were married on June 6, 1850 in Seneca County, Ohio. Frederick was in the Ohio Volunteer Militia. (Lang's History of Seneca County Page 51.) He was a grocer in Tiffin and he and Catherine had nine children 1.Mary Ann (Dutt) Roller born 2/4/1851 2.Frederick J. Dutt born 1852 3.John Dutt born 1855 4.Erhart Dutt born 9/1/1857, married Anna Harter on 6/12/1881 5.(Katie?) married Milton Fox. need her birth/death 6. ? married Frank Fowler or Fuller of Buffalo, New York. Need her name birth, death, where. I would like correct spelling of last fist and last name, any children of this marriage. 7. ? married John Blinkey or Binkley of Buffalo, New York. Need Her name, birth, death, where, would really like correct first and last name and any children of this marriage. 8.Frank Roller, I dont have anyting on him other than his name. any and all information would be helpful. 9.George Roller born 1871 died March 1938, married Carrie Schmucker on March 10, 1857.
- CRAMER, ELLIOTT posted by Amanda Dine-Gamble on Friday, October 16, 1998
- My g/g/grandparents, Augustus Elliott and Sarah A. Cramer were married in Seneca County on 18 August 1861. My great grandmother, Ida Alice Elliott was born in Seneca County, in 1867. I am looking for more information about this family, and would be willing to share what I have already found. Thanks you!
- BOLTZ, FRY, HOUSEMAN, KNUP, KNUPP, MERCHANT posted by Jennifer Lyon on Tuesday, October 20, 1998
- Looking for descendents of Martin HOUSEMAN and Elizabeth FRY, who moved to Seneca County from Berkeley County, VA. Martin was born abt 1757, and died in Seneca County in 1842. He had at least 2 children: David HOUSEMAN who married Fanny KNUP, daughter of Valentine KNUPP and Catherine BOLTZ, and Rachel HOUSEMAN, who married Justice MERCHANT. David and family may have moved to Williams County, OH.
- HOUSEMAN, KNUP, POWELL, SHAULL posted by Jennifer Lyon on Tuesday, October 20, 1998
- Looking for David HOUSEMAN and wife Fanny KNUP. David was born in Berkeley County, VA and moved to Seneca County OH w/ father Martin sometime after 1797. Children include: Catherine HOUSEMAN, born 2 Jun 1813, died 1867, married Michael SHAULL. Elizabeth HOUSEMAN born 13 Aug 1815; Fanny HOUSEMAN born 17 Jan 1818, Jemima HOUSEMAN, born 14 Jan 1820, Mary HOUSEMAN born 21 Jan 1822, David Martin HOUSEMAN, born 1825, died 1883 in Seneca County, married Elizabet POWELL, John Valentine HOUSEMAN, born 27 Nov 1827, George Francis HOUSEMAN, born 28 Jul 1833, and Amy Delilah HOUSEMAN, born Mar 1842.
- MYERS, SHIER, SHIRE, TINDALL posted by Nancy Shire on Friday, October 23, 1998
- Looking for any information concerning Philip SHIER who died in Seneca Co. 6 Jul 1887, leaving a widow named Carrie and 3 minor children: Ella SHIER TINDALL, Frank Winfield SHIER (name later changed to SHIRE), and Edward SHIER. Ella and Frank were children of Philip's first wife Lydia MYERS SHIER, who d. 1883. Edward was the child of Carrie SHIER, probably born between 1883-1887. What was Carrie's maiden name? What happened to her and to her child, Edward, after Philip SHIER's death?
- ZAISS, ZEIS, ZEISS posted by Liz Boltz on Sunday, October 25, 1998
- ZEISS, ZAISS, ZEIS, CEIS--Looking for information regarding the descendents of Johann Martin ZEISS. I find his sons and grandsons in Seneca County in 1850 through 1900. ANy help in putting the right Jacob Zeiss with the right father would be appreciated.
- WEAVER posted by Vincent E. Falter on Friday, October 30, 1998
- Seek contact with Mary Bauman (email@example.com) who queried this site on 12 Oct 1998 regarding George WEAVER. I believe that I have a connection for her, but her email service rejects the address she gave. Vince Falter
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.