Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for June thru August 2000
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- JACKSON, KINSE, KIRSE posted by P. Olsson on Friday, June 2, 2000
- Looking for descendents of Joseph JACKSON. Not apparently an ancestor of mine, I ended up with his civil war NARA pension papers and would like to pass them on. Was in Co. A, 111th OVI,papers indicate he was born in PA, married a Malinda Kinse (or Kirse) in March 22, 1855 in what looks like Bettsville. Children mentioned are Elden, Milton and Elenor. Joseph died 10/29/1894. Please contact me if you are interested in the pension papers.
- ANDERSON, MILDONER, MILDOWER, SPANGLE, SPANGLER posted by Bob Anderson on Monday, June 5, 2000
- I'm looking for any information on the daughters of William Anderson who migrated from Union Co, PA to Seneca Co, OH in the early 1800's. Mary, who married Zacharias Spangle; Rebecca, who who married George Mildower, and Sarah who married Andrew Mildower.
- ANDERSON, BERNARD, SCOTT posted by Casey Wagner on Friday, June 16, 2000
- Looking for information on a Lewis M Bernard. Lewis lived in Tiffin Ohio back in the 1850's (possibly before) until his death in the 1920's. He was married to Eliza Anderson(first wife)and fathered thirteen children the youngest being my Great-Grandpa Ebbert Louis Bernard.Ebbert married Florence Scott. Lewis's daughter Phoebe was murdered on the front steps of Heidelberg College by a jealous suitor. I am looking for more info or other parts of his family tree. He was a building contractor by trade. Anyone having info may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you sincerely.
- AWE, BAKER, BOWERS posted by Jim Baker on Sunday, June 18, 2000
- I am looking for any information regarding Jacob Baker (b.1846 in Wirttenburg, Germany). He married Amanda Becker Awe on 10/29/1867 in Seneca County. The information that would cause me to do back flips invloves learning Jacobs parent's names and how they ended up in Ohio. I should add that Jacob has some ties to the family of Adam and Catherine Bowers. Adam was listed as the place to send any of Jacob's effects were he to die in the Civil War. Please don't hesitate to e-mail me directly with any information: email@example.com Thanks a million, Jim Baker, San Antonio, Texas
- RAINSBARGER, RAINSBERGER, RAMSBERG, RAMSBURG, RAMSPERGER, RANSBERG, RANSBERGER, REMSBERG, REMSBERGER, REMSBURG, REMSBURGH, RENSBERGER, RENSBURGER, RIEMENSPERGER, ROMESBERG, ROMESBURG, ROMESPERGER posted by Carol Randall on Monday, June 19, 2000
- Researching the RAMSBURG family of Seneca and other counties of Ohio. The family name varies depending on the location and or line of the tree. Some variations are: RAINSBARGER, RAINSBERGER, RAMSBERG, REMSBERGER, RAMSBURG, RAMSPERGER, RANSBERG, RANSBERGER, REMSBERG, REMSBURG, REMSBURGH, RENSBERGER, RENSBURGER,ROMESBERG, ROMESBURG, ROMESPERGER, RIEMENSPERGER All correspondence answered. Carol Randall firstname.lastname@example.org
- MURPHY, WRIGHT, ZEPERNICK, ZEPPERNICH posted by Danielle Merrick on Monday, June 19, 2000
- My Great Great Grandfather was Albert W. Wright (B: 14 Jan 1858 probably in Reedstown, Seneca, Ohio). He was married to Minnie Harriet Murphy (B: 10 May 1969 Seneca county, Ohio D: 6 Feb 1948). Her parents were Thomas C. Murphy and Abigail Zepernick (Zeppernich). They were married 31 Dec 1864 in Seneca county. This is all the information I have on these families. I would be greatful for any additional information or help. Thank you!
- HOFFMAN, LUSCH, REICHENBACHER, RIDDLE posted by Diane on Friday, June 23, 2000
- Looking for Tiffin, Seneca County, OH, ancesters Jacob F. and Anna Margaret (Reichenbacher) Lusch. Their Tiffin born grandchildren were Richard Hoffman(11/1897)and Hazel L., Dorothy R., Oren E., Mary Margaret, and Arthur G. Riddle. My mother was a their first cousin. All Riddle grandchildren were living in Tiffin in 1956. Would love to get in contact with any of their decendents. Diane
- WEIKER posted by Leslie on Tuesday, June 27, 2000
- I'm looking for info on my husband's side of the family. Jacob Weiker was born in Pa and moved to Seneca county to raise his family. His wife was Mary Deal. They died in1842 and 1849 and are buried in Lowell Cemetary. Their Daughter married a David Hawken and moved to Indiana. Does any one Know any thing about this family or the location of this cemetary. Thank you for any help you may be able to give me. Leslie
- DUBLE, KING, WRIGHT posted by M. A. Cope on Wednesday, June 28, 2000
- I am looking for information about Joab Wright, from whom I am descended. He is listed in the Bureau of Land Management as having obtained a land patent for 80 acres in Seneca County in 1825. I would love to correspond with anyone who has any information about this man or his family. We believe his wife, Jenny, may have died about that time, and may be buried there. I am also interested in the Peter King / Christian Duble family who is also from Senceca Co. and are also part of my line. Thanks
- JUMPER, KILGORE posted by Lucy Blanc on Thursday, July 6, 2000
- Charles Kilgore, who is my grandfather, was born Jan. 20 1925 in Fostoria (ohio) and died Aug. 11 1992 in Seneca. I obtain the certificate of death through the Ohio Department Health (vital statistics). He get married with Edith M. Jumper. His address is 403 North Street - Seneca - Republic. His social security number is 302-14-2545. I also have his phone number but I don't want to phone her because I don't know if she knows about me. So I want to know if my grandfather had children with her. I'll be easier to contact the children instead of the mother. Please let me know if you can help. Many thanks. Lucy blanc
- WONDER posted by Cathy Luckenbaugh on Friday, July 14, 2000
- looking for any info and old photos of the Wonder family of Ohio...you can contact me at email@example.com thanks cathy
- OLMSTED, VANORDER, VANWORMER posted by Julie VanOrder on Friday, July 14, 2000
- Looking for Henry VanOrder, b. abt. 1852. Married Hester Bevington, and Margaret Kerns. Family Farm in Fostoria. Also looking for Charles D.P. Olmsted. b. abt. 1830. Also lived in Fostoria, married Emily VanWormer VanOrder, in 1863. Any help greatly appreciated.
- BAILLEAUX, CRANE, VINE posted by Del Pepke on Saturday, July 22, 2000
- Looking for birth date-sometime after 1895/and death info on EARL CRANE, half brother to my grandfather Howard Vine 1889-1956, Genoa, Ohio. EARL CRANE ran an implement business in Tiffin at least to the mid 1950's, and my grandfather used to take us grandkids to go visit him in Tiffin. Earl was born of PETER VINE's 2nd marriage to an ANNA BAILLEAUX, possibly Genoa, and also had a brother, both of whom were adopted after the death of their mother Anna. Earl was adopted by the IRVIN CRANE family, Toledo, and his brother William by the BARTON family-Thanks so much for any help!
- ANDERSON, MITTOWER, SPANGLE posted by Bob Anderson on Tuesday, July 25, 2000
- Looking for information on Andrew Mittower and George Spangle who lived in Scipio Township about 1825-1850. Andrew was married to Sarah(Sally) Anderson, and George to Rebecca(Margaret) Anderson. Both were daughters of William Anderson, Sr. of Chapman Twp, Union County, PA. Andrew Mittower may have been from New York.
- CRAWFORD, CROFFORD, MERCHANT posted by Marilyn Gabriel Mills on Tuesday, August 1, 2000
- Looking for info on the Crawford, Crofford, Merchant families of Seneca Co., Ohio. In particular, I am looking for the parents & siblings of Catherine Merchant who m. Edward (Edmund) Crawford abt 1842, supposedly in Seneca Co., OH. They settled in Williams Co., Ohio where they are buried. Any and all info appreciated.
- ETERLY, NEWMEYER posted by Pat Colbert on Friday, August 4, 2000
- I am seeking information on any families with the surname Newmeyer. This family lived in the area around Tippin, Ohio at least in the 1850-1860 time frame, probably prior to that. Specifically I am seeking info on the family of Isaac and Walburg/Walbreck Newmeyer and their children. Isaac and Walburg were in their early thirties by 1850 1850 and were deceased by 1860. To the best of my knowledge at the moment their children were: Catherine, Lavina or Ludimer?, Emiline or Melie?, Josephine, Andrew, and Theresa. There may have been another child named Joseph Adam, born around 1852. Isaac and Walburg were from Germany. All children were born in the US. After the death of the parents it looks as if the oldest daughter Catherine and some of her siblings went to live with a relative or neighbor named John Eterly.
- EDMISTON, HERSHBERGER posted by Julie Blisch on Wednesday, August 9, 2000
- Looking for information on my Grandfather, Jay Grove Edmiston Born Tiffin Ohio,1885 Parents, J.Westly EDMISTON and Florence Abigail HERSHBERGER Anything you discover would be appriciated!! -Julie Bisch
- CHADWICK, HARRISON, HENNING, JACKSON, THORNBURG posted by Cheryll Glowacki on Thursday, August 10, 2000
- I'm looking for the parents names of Maria Jackson Chadwick Henning, Maria Jackson was born in VA. 1799 and died in Seneca County 12/1/1879. She is buried in Greenlawn Cem. as Maria Chadwick Henning. She has a nephew by the name of John Jackson who died before 1896. Thornburgs and Harrison's were related to her as well. I believe she died in Tiffen but also lived in Seneca Twp. I need to see her death certificate to see the names and birth place of her parents, help
- DILLMAN posted by Alice Sprow on Saturday, August 12, 2000
- Who are descendants of George DILLMAN, of Seneca County, OH who appears in the 1870 census?
- BRUBAKER, HOFFER posted by Kenneth Fawley on Sunday, August 13, 2000
- Looking for the cemetery record of Elizabeth Hoffer, wife of Jacob Hoffer. The family is listed on the 1850 census of Jackson twp., Seneca County, Ohio. Elizabeth was born about 1801. Elizabeth's maiden name was Brubaker
- CARSON posted by JoAnn Carson on Tuesday, August 15, 2000
- Can anyone tell me if Old Swamp Cemetery at New Washington, Ohio and Swamp Cemetery in Venice Township are the same. I am searching for Robert Carson and have found reference in Abstracts of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots to both places as separate graves. Thanks. JoAnn
- ELDER, KILLEY, MOREHOUSE posted by Nancy Elder Peterson on Monday, August 21, 2000
- Looking for relatives of Clara or Clarissa ELDER, died April 18, 1928 in Seneca Co. according to Ohio Death records. She may be the widow of Joseph ELDER, who died Jan. 26, 1913 in Erie Co OH, also listed in the Ohio death record index. Joseph ELDER was a Civil War veteran, b. 8 Apr 1836 in Wood Co, OH; enlisted in Co. C 21st OHI, then re-enlisted inTroop B, 4 U.S. Cav. Joseph is buried in Pleasant View Cemetery, Petersburg, Monroe Co, MI, where his brother Josiah ELDER, also a Civil War OHI veteran is buried. Their parents are John ELDER and Mary Morehouse ELDER. Are they buried in Seneca County? Can't locate their cemetery in MI or Wood Co OH. Notes in Monroe County say Joseph ELDER married Clara Killey, had 5 children. Thanks for any help you can give me. Nancy Elder Petersen, Vancouver, Washington, USA Elder genealogy: http://www.teleport.com/~nancyp/elder.htm
- BOUSE, JORDAN, MILLER, SCHALL posted by N. Lyons on Monday, August 21, 2000
- I am looking for infor for: Caroline Alfretta MILLER, b: 5 Ju1 1853 in Seneca Co., OH, d/o Jeremiah & Hannah (Schall MILLER. Caroline married Jacob Bouse s/o George & Helena (Jordan) BOUSE.
- SHAVER, SMITH, SPINK, WISE posted by Peggy Wise on Monday, August 21, 2000
- Hunting family of GEORGE WESLEY WISE who came to Seneca Co., Ohio from Lancaster Co., PA. George Wesley Wise probably born about 1850 where? married Loretta ? Wise who is buried at Bradner, Ohio Children of Grorge Wesley Wise and Loretta were: George Wesley Wise Jr. who married Minnie Elizabeth Smith and lived in the Wood Co.,area of Risingsun and Wayne, Ohio Tine who married Daniel Shaver Loretta died at about age 29 and is buried at Bradner, Ohio George Welsey Wise married Sarah, maybe she had the last name of Phillips Children with Sarah were: Henry wife was Ada Ella who married Bert Spink and Elmer who ran off to parts unknown George Wesley Wise Sr. lived around Tiffin, Ohio and was probably a farmer.
- BICE, BURGIS posted by Gracie (Kelvey) Nero on Wednesday, August 23, 2000
- Does anyone know anything about my great grampa George BICE born Jan 9,1844 in Seneca Co. He lost one leg when he was 15, I was told hopping a trian. He died Dec 13,1927 in Wood Co. OH. Can I get a birth certificate anywhere? I'm doing my family tree off and on since 1980. He married Anna BURGIS. Any infor will be very helpful. Thank you, Great Grandaughter of George & Anna BICE
- BOWERMAN, PETERSON posted by JoAnn Stephens on Wednesday, August 30, 2000
- Peter Henry Bowerman and Harriett Peterson were married in Tiffin, Seneca Co., Ohio on 31 December 1846. They had a least four children, the latter being born in Carroll Co., Indiana. I am searching for more on the ancestors of either Peter Henry Bowerman or Harriett Peterson.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.