Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for January thru April 1998
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BADGER, BECK, FRONTZ, LAMBRIGHT, SIGLER, WONSETLER posted by Kathy Helmick on Saturday, January 10, 1998
- Looking for LAMBRIGHT, BECK, WONSETLER, SIGLER, FRONTZ, BADGER names with connections to Seneca County. I would like to share what limited information I have with anyone with similar names in their genealogy. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (I will send a reply if I receive it). I am having some trouble with my connection currently. My home address is 890 Findlay Street, Perrysburg, OH 43551-1669. Thank you for any information, Kathy Helmick
- COFFMAN, DALLMAN, GRABACH, GRUVER, GUISBERT, KANAGY, PARKER, SETZLER, THALLMAN, WHITEMAN posted by James Davis on Monday, January 12, 1998
- COFFMAN/GRABACH/GRUVER/WHITEMAN. Two of my 2nd Great-Grandfathers, who were early settlers of Seneca County, were heads of their own households by the time the 1850 census was taken, so I could not identify their parents through these records. Levi Coffman was born in PA in 1822 or 23. His wife, Mary, was born in OH in 1825 or 26. They lived in Adams twp. in 1850, but no Coffmans were found in Seneca Co. in the 1840 census. Humphrey Whiteman was born in PA about 1815. His wife, Sarah, was born in MD about 1813. Humphrey as well as a number of other Whitemans were listed as the head of households in Adams twp. in 1840, but only Daniel and Samuel were so listed in 1830. If you have any information as to the identity of Levi or Humphery's parents, their wive's maiden names, or suggestions how I might proceed to find this information, please let me know. Many thanks, Jim Davis [Note! Through contact with several cousins, most of the above has been answered. If you are researching any of these individuals or DALLMAN/GUISBERT/KANAGY/PARKER/SETZLER/ THALLMAN of Seneca County, please contact me.]
- BEAVER, SWITZER posted by Marc Archer on Wednesday, January 14, 1998
- BEAVER SWITZER. Searching for connections to Caroline Beaver and Jacob Switzer. They were m. in 1844 in Seneca Co., OH.
- EISENHART, KOCH, LITZENBERGER, LITZZENBERGER posted by Barbara J. Smith on Monday, January 19, 1998
- EISENHART and LITZENBERGER - Looking for descendents of Jacob S. and Elmira LITZENBERGER EISENHART, both born circa 1829 in Lehigh Co., PA. Jacob was son of Benjamin and Catherine EISENHART. Information from other researchers indicate Elmira was the daughter of Jacob and Catherine KOCH LITZZENBERGER. Couple found in Clinton Twp., Seneca Co in 1860 census with children Benjamin, age 9; Alexander or Albert, age 6; James B., age 3; and Aron, age 10/12. I have lots of information on the PA Eisenharts and would be willing to share. Thanks, Barbara J. Smith, email@example.com
- DILL, HELDT, MORRIS, NEIKIRK, WYANT posted by Lorene Read on Friday, January 23, 1998
- Looking for information on George DILL, b. 1815 Germany, married Catherine HELDT WYANT about 1840 in Seneca Co. Collateral families WYANT, NEIKIRK, MORRIS. Looking for any information about Mary MORRIS, sister of Catherine HELDT, as to where she died, where buried. E mail info to LorRead@aol.com. Willing to share information that I have. Thanks
- GENGLER, GRIEN, GRINE, HOFFBAUER, SCHMITZ, SIBENALLER, SIEBENALLER, WAGNER posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on Sunday, January 25, 1998
- Looking for information on GRINE, SIBENALLER, WAGNER connections. I am searching for any information on John Nicholas SIEBENALLER,b.1829 Luxemburg, married Susanna ?WAGNER?GENGLER?HOFFBAUER? 7 Jan,1858 at St.Peters, Alvada,Ohio. John Nicholas d.29 July 1901 in New Riegel, Ohio, and Susanna d.5 July, 1892, New Riegel. Known children Peter, Joseph, Mary Susan and Nicholas SCHMITZ, possibly a step child. Also searching for Henry GRINE - GRIEN, b.27 Sept 1836, Luxemburg. Married Barbara Fransiska WAGNER 3 May,1862, St.Peters, Alvada, Ohio. Barbara b.27 Feb.1842, also in Luxemburg. She died 4 Aug.1925, Frenchtown Ohio.
- COLEMAN, MEENACH posted by Don Meenach on Wednesday, January 28, 1998
- Searching for any descendants of James W. Meenach of Clark county, especially a daughter, Mrs. E. Marie Coleman of Tiffin, Seneca Co. OH., or any further descendants. Mrs. Coleman lived in Tiffin in the late 1970s.
- BARE, ESTEP, OSTER, RUNION, SOURS posted by Joanna6@aol.com on Monday, February 2, 1998
- Researching the following Seneca Co. families: ESTEP, SOURS, OSTER, RUNION, BARE.
- PROBASCO posted by Nora Probasco on Friday, February 6, 1998
- PROBASCO I am interested in all Probasco info, family trees and research. I am currently starting a centralized Probasco database so I can direct Probasco researchers to others who are researching their line. The Probasco's have been in Seneca County, OH since the early 1800's.
- GILBERT, WHEATON posted by Lucy Weaver on Saturday, February 7, 1998
- Mary Ann WHEATON married 1 Nov. 1860 in Seneca Co.,OH. Judson GILBERT. Is this Mary Ann the dtr. of William Anson WHEATON? She was born 6 Sept. 1831 and lived with her parents in Seneca Co. in the 1840s and 1850s. Her father was a Reed Twp. trustee 1841-1851. Are there any descendants of this family who are willing to exchange data?
- BURNS posted by Jon Stebler on Tuesday, February 10, 1998
- GG-grandparents William and Mary BURNS were married c. 1840 in Seneca, Hancock, or Allen county. The towns of Findlay, Fostoria, and Lima are mentioned by old family sources. Shortly after their marriage, William and Mary moved on to Indiana. My query is: is there a (relatively) easy way to check marriage records for Seneca county to see if this is where they did the deed??? Any suggestions welcome!
- ABBOTT, ALFORD, AYERS, AYRES, HENDEL, RAYMOND posted by MPA60@aol.com on Tuesday, February 17, 1998
- Searching for any info on AYERS and/or AYRES of Attica, Tiffin, Corruthers, Riley Twp., etc. Charles and wife Ella (RAYMOND) are buried in Attica. Fred (son) and his wife Janetta (HENDEL) are also there. Also searching ABBOTT, HENDEL, ALFORD.
- BURGOYNE, COE, FAEBEL, FEBEL, FEBLES, KEMPHER, LYTLE, MUELLER, SCHUYLER, SINGER, SOUDER posted by C.R. Troemel on Thursday, February 26, 1998
- Share information about the FEBLES (FEBEL,FAEBEL) and COE families of Seneca Cty, OH. Fredrick FEBLES and Christine KEMPHER married in Northampton Cty,PA in 1822, to Wood Cty,OH about 1835 and settled in Tiffin where Fredrick died 1876 and Christine died 1863.Son, Rev.Eli married Sarah SINGER,and daughter Anna married Rev.M MUELLER,Sarah married F J SCHUYLER, Louisa married G Fred BURGOYNE, Frances married Charles LYTLE and son George married Clarinda COE,granddaughter of Thomas COE of Tiffin and moved to Indiana.Thomas COE brought his family and 3rd wife Abbiah SOUDER to Tiffin about 1833 from Frederick Cty, MD.
- GELDREICH, GELDRICH, GELTRICH, KERN posted by James Wagner on Wednesday, March 4, 1998
- Looking for any information on Martin GELTRICH (GELDRICH,GELDREICH) died Ca Aug 1848 in Seneca County Ohio. Apparently lived in Big Spring Township. Married Rosa KERN ca1847 and had one child Mary Ann b. April 1848. Am extremely interested in any family info birth date and place, brothers or sisters, etc etc. There is a George GELTRICH in the 1850 census index in Ohio. Any relation??????? Thanks for any help........
- BOOS posted by Sue Schlosser on Thursday, March 5, 1998
- Searching for descendants of the David BOOS family who formerly lived in Fostoria. David's son Charles BOOS, and George BOOS presumably lived in Fostoria all their lives. I hope to find obituaries etc. that will help me out. A daughter Georgianna BOOS married an E.C. Anderson and eventually resided in Toledo. Anyone having any information I am most anxious to hear from you. I am most willing also to share the information I have.
- BETZ, COOVER, COVER posted by CMechlingB@aol.com on Friday, March 6, 1998
- BETZ, COVER/ COOVER Seeking exchange on the following family: John & Catherine (BETZ, b. ca 1796 PA) COVER/ COOVER, of Jenners twp., Somerset County, PA, were shown to be in Seneca Co. in an 1853 court record. Their known children were: Christian b. ca 1820, and Elizabeth (b. ca. 1824) - or was Elizabeth their dtr-in-law? Greatest interest is in the BETZ side of the family. Catherine's parents were Christian and Christiana BETZ of Somerset Co PA.
- HATCH, MARTIN posted by Dar on Monday, March 23, 1998
- Hello. I am just beginning my research of Andrew MARTIN, who lived in Seneca County. He died in Wapello Co, Ia July 15, 1866. He was married to a woman named Nancy, and may have married a second time to Hulda HATCH. Andrew's father was Isaac MARTIN and his daughter was Charlotte MARTIN, who married my great grandfather. Is anyone out there in Seneca County researching this family? I have very little information about the MARTIN family and would like to go backwards from Andrew another generation or two. Email me privately at email@example.com if you can shed any light on this family. TIA Dar
- CLAY, HUSON, JORDAN, NORTHRUP, TOMPKINS, WIGHT posted by David Tompkins on Tuesday, March 24, 1998
- Seeking any information on the John TOMPKINS (1808-1875) and Julia Ann JORDAN TOMPKINS (1808-1858) who moved from Steuben Co., NY to Senecca Co., OH in 1835. They had 13-14 children; other marrage names include NORTHRUP, WIGHT, CLAY and HUSON.
- BRETZ, HAMILTON, HIESTAND, WILLIAMS, WOLFE posted by Carol M. Jarmin on Tuesday, April 7, 1998
- Am needing information on the Philip BRETZ family. Philip BRETZ came to Seneca County from Pennsylvania via Fairfield County, Ohio. His daughter Susannah married three times, HIESTAND, WOLFE and Eli WILLIAMS. I am descended from the marriage to Eli WILLIAMS through their daughter, Sarah, who married Thomas HAMILTON. The HAMILTON's later moved to Brown County, Illinois. Thomas HAMILTON served in the Civil War. I would like to correspond with others who are researching these same lines. I understand that Susannah BRETZ ()WILLIAMS divorced her husband Eli WILLIAMS due to his assaulting a daughter(s) and pressed charges which caused him to be incarcerated in the Ohio State Penitentiary where he died sometime after 1855. I would like to find the court records as well as the penitentiary records. Any suggestions? Thanks!
- HEISERMAN, MYERS posted by Dena White on Wednesday, April 15, 1998
- I'm trying to find information on Julia A. HEISERMAN who married John MYERS in Tiffin, Ohio on April 16, 1878. Julia was born 1858 and died 1893. I've been told she spend her whole life in the Tiffin and Bascom areas of Seneca County and Wood County. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
- SIEBER, SPEAKER posted by Edward Speaker on Friday, April 17, 1998
- SPEAKER: Seeking the identity of Thomas Jefferson SPEAKER's parents. He was born 1858 Seneca County OH. Died 1935 North Baltimore Wood County OH. He married Mary Elizabeth SIEBER.
- EATON posted by Sandy on Friday, April 24, 1998
- Need info on: John EATON who came to Seneca Cnty, OH in 1819 he married Polly Barney, Orr, on Feb 25, 1821 in Seneca township, OH. John died in 1825. Polly married Christopher Stone.
- HEYMAN, MAURER posted by Tina Hursh on Saturday, April 25, 1998
- Frederick(1852-1906) and Wilhemnina(1860-1910) HEYMAN MAURER settled in Attica, Ohio by May of 1880. They had 8 children: Mary(1878-1924), Emma (1880-1936), Amanda (1881-1915), Samual (1883-1969), Frank(1885-1947), William (1887-1904), Lula(1888-1910), and Mildred (1899-1938). Most of these dates have come from a family bible and I am having trouble finding any documented information on this family. Anyone with information one this family, please contact me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- AITKIN, BALDWIN, BRICKER, CRAMER, DILLER, GAVIN, GOOD, SCHAEFER, SEXTON, SHINE, SNYDER, WATFORD posted by Missy Gold on Thursday, April 30, 1998
- I am researching the Surnames GOOD, BRICKER and SNYDER all from Ohio. J. Frank BRICKER b. 1/23/1867 in Salem, Mahoning County, Ohio d. 4/29/1913 married Rebecca Jane SNYDER b. 1870 d. 1936 had six children (1) Vera BRICKER died when she was 20,(2) Mildred BRICKER SHINE b. 1898 d. 1972 (Jim SHINE husband) son Howard SHINE b. 3/2/1917 d. 2/16/1977 married Dorothy CRAMER SHINE, (3) Florence BRICKER AITKIN b. 11/6/1903 d. 7/9/1985, daughter Robin Jean AITKIN, (4) Paul BRICKER d. 1985 married Ruth BALDWIN, daughter Jean BRICKER GAVIN, (5) Carlton Monroe BRICKER b. 2/11/1911 d. 11/9/1965 married Winifred DILLER, sons Jim Frank BRICKER and John Kenneth BRICKER and a daughter Rebecca Louise BRICKER SCHAEFER, (6) Alyce BRICKER married Gerald Lavern GOOD b. abt. 1880 d. 1947, had 2 sons (a) Gerald L. GOOD, Jr. (Jerry Jr. ) b. Nov. 25 or 28, 1921 in Toledo, Lucas County, Ohio married Florence (Bitsy) Mathis b. 1/24/1926 in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, La. had (a1) Gerald L. GOOD, III (Jerry) b. 9/25/1947 in Toledo, Ohio married Zandra Jean SEXTON and had Malissia (Missy) Alyce GOOD and Gerald Alexander GOOD, (a2) Jo Ellen GOOD WATFORD.(b) James (Jim) GOOD married Adrienne, had two sons Bricker GOOD and Bill GOOD. If any one has any information on any of my Ohio surnames GOOD, BRICKER or SNYDER please contact Missy GOOD at TZUZ94A@prodigy.com Thankyou for your time!
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.