Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for December 2000 thru February 2001
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- CROOKS, SPRINGER posted by David Boling on Saturday, December 2, 2000
- Looking for descendants of Andrew SPRINGER and Elizabeth CROOKS. They moved to Seneca County in the early 1800's from Muskingum County Ohio. Andrew died young. Elizabeth may have remarried. According to my records, Andrew and Elizabeth had 6 children, they were Rebecca, Jon, Mary Ellen, Almada. Meres, and Lucrese. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
- COUCH, GREEN posted by Bonnie on Saturday, December 9, 2000
- Trying to find Willard Green burial or date of death. found him 1910 Willard Green age 72? Seneca Co.,attica, Ohio. wife Mary E. age 68. I think her maiden name was COUCH. Daughter Laura P. age 40. Are they buried in Attica, Ohio. Is there an obituary ? thank you!
- HARTER, MILLER posted by Linda Wilson on Thursday, December 28, 2000
- Harter: Anna and Tillie. I am searching for information on these two people who may be related to Benedick Miller of Kansas City and Paola, KS. They are mentioned in Benedick's letters from 1913. I am wondering if their mother was a Miller. Thanks for any help or guidance that you could give. Linda Miller Wilson
- GEIGER, PENNELL posted by Emily Kirkley on Friday, December 29, 2000
- Looking for Hannah Pennell Geiger and her parents, Isaac and Isabella Pennell, late l800s
- COMER, COOK, EICHEN, KEMP, REINHART, SCHMITZ, WARD posted by Joel Harris on Tuesday, January 9, 2001
- Looking for information on Claude Ward m. Gaynelle Kemp. He died in Fostoria around the late 1940's to early 1950's when his taxi stalled on a railroad crossing. Also, any info on Gaynelle's family (parents: Joseph Kemp and Melissa Comer/Sheller). Also looking for information on John and Julia (Eichen) Cook. They had a daughter, Amelia E. Cook who m. Robert H. Schmitz in 1919. She was born 13 Dec. 1894 at Risingsun, Ohio. Finally, looking for information on Dr. Charles Comer of the Bascom area. Alot of these families were in the Fostoria, Tiffin, Bascom, and Alvada areas.
- VANDEBURG, VANDENBERG, VANDENBURGH posted by Sandy Read on Monday, January 15, 2001
- Seeking information regarding the following found in 1840 and 1850 census index for Seneca Co: 1840 VANDENBERG, H. Eden Twp 1850 VANDEBURG, Henry Eden Twp 1850 VANDENBURG, Charles Republic Twp 1850 VANDENBURG, John Republic Twp 1850 VANDEBURG, Richard J. Melmore Twp I am searching for infomraiton on all VANDENBURGH families and variant spellings who may have migrated from NJ to OH in the early 1800's in hope of finding the family of Peter VANDENBURGH b 1799 in NJ, d 1840 Muskingum or Licking Co, OH
- KEIM, KIME, KIMES posted by Nancy Thomson on Tuesday, January 16, 2001
- I am interested in the family of Jacob KEIM and Anna Maria Hahn who settled in Seneca Co OH ca 1825. Their children were Samuel, John, George, Mary, Sarah, William, Elizabeth, Daniel, Jacob, Isaac, Benjamin, David, Elias and Catherine. Later spellings of the name were KIME and KIMES.
- BURGE posted by Diana Domeier on Tuesday, January 16, 2001
- Any information on a Thomas Jefferson Burge born in Seneca County, Ohio on March 11, 1845. Thank you. Diana
- MYERS, SLEIGHT, SLIGHT posted by Towna Aris on Tuesday, January 16, 2001
- I am looking for information on George & Ann (Myers) Sleight/Slight. In 1849 they bought land in Venice Twp. Section 34 in Seneca County. They had a daughter named Samantha Jane who was born Aug. 11, 1856. Thank you.
- CLEMENS, KIZER posted by John Gunder on Tuesday, January 16, 2001
- CLEMENS,Daniel that married a Hanah KIZER in Seneca Co Ohio and had six children and later migrated to Wood Co. Ohio. I am willing to share. John Gunder E mail address KBOSZO@aol.com
- OSTENDORF, SCHLINCK, SCHLINK posted by Marti Wethington on Thursday, January 18, 2001
- Looking for information or documents referring to Dr. Francis Henry "Frank" SCHLINK. This is my great grandfather and he was the old country doctor in New Riegel, Ohio (Seneca County) in the late 1800s to early 1900's. He was married to Agnes OSTENDORF. He had 5 children: Josephine, Elmer (killed in accident at age 11) Albert, Rose and Henry.
- HUMMEL, STUCKE, STUCKEY posted by Dennis Connell on Thursday, January 18, 2001
- I am researchin the Stuckey Family name in Bloomville. My Great Grandfather John Stucke married Julie Ann Hummel February 04, 1869 in Seneca County. My Grand Father John L. Stuckey was born May 03, 1878 in Bloomville, Seneca County, Ohio. Any Information would be greatly appreciated.
- LEAHY, MCBRIDE, NIEBLE posted by Doug McBride on Thursday, January 18, 2001
- I'm interested in the decendants of Hugh McBride that migrated from Penn. to Seneca Co. He was married to Isabella Kean from Jefferson Co. Ohio, and their childre David John, John, Thomas and Jennie lived in E. Liverpool in 1870. David John's children: Marie Cecil(1896), Helen Louise(1898)and Robert Hugh (1906) were all born in Tiffen, Seneca Co., Ohio Doug
- KEMP, WARD posted by Joel Harris on Friday, January 19, 2001
- Am looking for information on Joseph WARD wife Mary) who moved from Gallipolis to a farm near Fostoria (late 1800's, I believe). Their children: Clarke, Homer, Harry, Claude, William, John, Romy, Sally and Merrill. Claude is my gr-grandfather and lived in Fostoria. He married Gaynelle Kemp; their children were: Joseph (died infancy), Mary, Grover, Harold, Betty, Donald, George, Ethel, Claude Jr. and Dorothy.
- FORCE, MURRAY posted by Kelly Murray on Saturday, January 20, 2001
- Seeking information on the family of EMANUEL MURRAY from the Ottawa, Sandusky, Seneca, and Ottawa County areas. Please contact me if you have come across any of these names: Emanuel Murray b. Abt. 1831 in Canada. Lavina Adams b. Abt. 1834, d. January 07, 1907 in Lindsay, Sandusky County, Ohio Emanuel Murray, b. October 30, 1853, d. November 02, 1927, Lindsay, Sandusky County, Ohio Sadie Force, b. July 29, 1866, d. December 25, 1928 in Lindsey, Sandusky County, Ohio Elvina Force Malery V. Force Nellie Grace Force Lavania "Vina" Murray, b. September 30, 1884 Clarence E. Murray, b. August 02, 1886; d. July 15, 1970, Elmore, Sandusky County, Ohio Pearl May Murray, b. October 16, 1888 George Murray, b. May 31, 1890 Perry L. Murray, b. May 25, 1893; d. November 15, 1968, Lindsey, Sandusky County, Ohio Harrison L. Murray, b. June 25, 1893, Lindsay, Sandusky County, Ohio Flossie Murray, b. July 04, 1895 Orrie Wilson Murray, b. January 11, 1898, Freemont, Sandusky County, Ohio; d. May 05, 1986, Oregon, Sandusky County, Ohio Orville W. Murray, b. January 11, 1898, Lindsay, Sandusky County, Ohio Faye Murray, b. November 16, 1901 Nellie Murray, b. June 17, 1904 Lulu Murray, b. November 09, 1907
- BENNETT, HARBAUGH posted by Carolyn Wladaver on Sunday, January 21, 2001
- I am looking for information about Mary (Bennett) Harbaugh who was living in Seneca County, OH in 1852. She was named in the will written by her brother, John Bennett, in Greenfield Township, Blair County, PA. Greenfield Township was part of Bedford County, PA until 1846 when Blair County was formed. Trying to find the parents of Mary (Bennett) Harbaugh. Thank you!
- MARCH, RAVER, REASOR posted by Don Raver on Sunday, January 21, 2001
- Looking for any info on the parents/siblings of James RAVER born 1816/1817 in Lancaster County, PA, married Sussanna MARCH in Seneca County, OH in 1839/1840. Sussanna's parents were John MARCH and Catherine REASOR?, both born PA. John MARCH and family came to Seneca from Union County, PA in about 1834 and left in late 1840 for Winamac, IN.
- BLODGET, LONG, WAINWRIGHT posted by Christine Hostrup Armstrong on Monday, January 22, 2001
- I am looking for information on the Blodget family. My ancester was a Pertina Blodget who married a Jonathan Wainwright(1835. They had a daughter, Mary, and she married a James Washington Long. Any info would be great. firstname.lastname@example.org
- DENIENBAUGH, DEVANBUAGH, WILLIAMS posted by Patricia Perry on Sunday, January 28, 2001
- WILLIAMS, DEVANBUAGH, DENIENBAUGH Josiah R. Williams married Mary A. Devanbuagh in Seneca County Ohio on September 2, 1845. Family information is that they lived in Richland County, OH. He may have been born in PA and she may have been born in Richland County, OH. Appreciate any possibilities.
- SCHEDENHELM, SCHUMACHER, SLAYMAKER posted by Jeanette Slaymaker on Friday, February 2, 2001
- Seeking information on WILLIAM SLAYMAKER and family (wife, Mary, children Rufus, Laura, Jane M., Franklin, Catherine, William Scott and Francis A.) as shown on the 1840 and 1850 census of Seneca County, Ohio. Also ALEXANDER SLAYMAKER, father of William, is listed with the family on the census records. Son, WILIIAM SCOTT SLAYMAKER, married Martha Ellen Schedenhelm in 1867 in Tiffin, Seneca County, Ohio. Their children are: William Henry, Eldridge David, Mary Buena Vista, Albert Holmes, George Lorenzo, James Richard, Clarence Rufus and Lester Everett. JAMES RICHARD SLAYMAKER married Sophia Maria Schumacher in Marengo,Iowa County, Iowa.
- CARTER, CASSIDY, FLOWERS, GRAY, JOHNSON, OLMSTEAD, PADDOCK, SMITH posted by Roxanne Meida King on Friday, February 2, 2001
- JOHNSON: Seeking information on the ancestry of Thompson JOHNSON b. Jan 1811 PA d. 28 Mar 1884 Gratiot Co. MI m. abt 1846 Catherine FLOWERS b. 1826 VA d. 29 Apr 1884 Gratiot Co MI Children: Benjamin A. b. 10 May 1847 m Hellen Melinda PADDOCK; Angelette b. 1849 m. George O. GRAY; John Edward b. 1853 m. Ida Mae SMITH; William Henry b. 1856 m. Nellie CASSIDY; William W. b. 1857; Lydia Rose b. 1862 m. Albert OLMSTEAD; Mary Lucinda b. 14 Mar 1867 m. John CARTER. The family is enumerated on the 1850 Census of Seneca County, but moved on to Gratiot County, MI about 1856.
- FLOWERS, HINES, JOHNSON, WARNER posted by Roxanne Meida King on Friday, February 2, 2001
- FLOWERS: Seeking information on ancestry and other descendants of Benjamin and Jane FLOWERS, buried at McCutcheonville Cemetery, Seneca Co, OH. Children: Mary Elizabeth b. abt 1816 m. John WARNER; Catherine Sarah b. 1826 m. Thompson JOHNSON; Lucinda b. abt 1830 m. Asa JOHNSON; and Lydia b. 1832 m. Bernard HINES.
- RUBECK, STEINMETZ posted by George Reamer on Wednesday, February 7, 2001
- RUBECK, Mary -- died March 1890 in Venice Twp. Seeking obituary information, and also final resting place. May have lived with son-in-law, Martin Steinmetz, but not sure. Thank you. George Reamer P.O. Box 101 Garden City, NY 11530-0101 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- BILLINGS, DICKENSON, HARRIS, HOLY, JACKSON, JOHNSON, MMASON, ROGERS, SELLERS, WALKER posted by Maughan Mason on Thursday, February 8, 2001
- ROGERS/JACKSON/JOHNSON Eliphalet ROGERS b 9 Oct 1795 Mass md 8 Apr 1822 Sandusky (now Seneca) Co, Ohio Hannah JACKSON, b 23 Aug 1802. She died Seneca Co 24 Apr 1840. Children (all of Liberty TWP, Sandusky/Seneca, Ohio) Alonzo b 3 Feb 1823; Josephine b 7 June 1824 md Charles DICKENSON; Nancy J b 24 Apr 1827, md John HOLY Seneca Co 22 June 1845, died 2 Apr 1895 Noble Co, Ind; Elizabeth Jane b 23 May 1829 md James Seberal WALKER 21 Feb 1850 Seneca Co, d 28 Nov 1910, Sarah M b 16 Dec 1831 md David SELLERS; Matilda J b 2 Feb 1832 md John HARRIS 26 Jan 1864 Noble Co, Ind, d 1914 Noble Co; Amanda R b 22 Sept 1836, d 1916 Noble Co; Henry R b 10 Feb 1839 d 25 June 1839; George J b 10 Feb 1839, d 23 Sept 1847. Eliphalet md 2nd 1841 Delilah Johnson b 28 Dec 1818. She d 8 Oct 1846, Noble Co, Ind. Children: Hannah R b 7 Nov 1841, d 2 Mar 1842 Liberty, Seneca, Ohio; Hester Ann b 1 Sept 1843 Liberty TWP, md 8 Oct 1863 Noble Co, Ind John D BILLINGS, bur 29 Dec 1894 St Joseph Co, Mich; John William b 2 Oct 1846 Jefferson, Noble, Ind md 18 Sept 1884 Wood Co, Ohio Eva Horner. He d 29 Jan 1931 Noble Co, Ind. 1850 Census Seneca Co, Ohio - James Seberal WALKER,s mother Mary appears with his siblings Mary & Joseph. Father John evidently dead. Family came from Ross Co, Ohio. Maughan Mason, 18910 Cyril Place, Saratoga, CA 95070. 408/257-3777 MMASON3 @ AOL.COM
- CHAPMAN, COBURN, DEPEW, GREEN, HILLBUSH, KIERSEY, PALMER, WANDELL, WEBSTER posted by Byron Denney on Thursday, February 8, 2001
- Tobias KIERSEY/KERSEY and family moved to Seneca Co Ohio around 1820 till abt 1840. Any known connections would be appreciated.
- CROUSE, SMITH posted by Stephanie Willis on Sunday, February 11, 2001
- My great-grandfather, Hubbard Dee Crouse, lived in Tiffin, was a sign painter and was married to Jennie Lind Smith. He had children by the names of Fred, Bess, Josephine, Marie and Margaret (Peg) I understand that a desk of his is on display in the Seneca County Historical Museum. Does anyone have any knowledge of any of this? Thanks!
- BRICHER, BRICKER, EBERLE, EBERLY, WIDDER, WITTER posted by Kathy Baker on Monday, February 12, 2001
- I'm interested in finding information on the surnames Bricher/Bricker, Eberle/Eberly, Witter/Widder and also on Elizabeth Bricher and Nicholas Wagner.
- DOTSON, OPPERMAN, THOMPSON, TIMBERMAN, WOLF posted by Jon Opperman on Tuesday, February 13, 2001
- Looking for Records on Roy Opperman b. July 1, 1901 Findlay Father Wallace Opperman, mother Allice (Wolf) Opperman - remarried to a Thompson
- BROWN, KARAS posted by Debra Whitehorse on Tuesday, February 13, 2001
- Looking for information about the family of Jacob Fred KARAS, b. Apr 10, 1835 in Tiffin, OH; his father-Jacob KARAS, and mother, Sarah Jane. In 1861 at Cross Plains, WI,Jacob F. married Jane Anne BROWN, b. May 20, 1841, Bellefontaine, OH; father Thomas BROWN, and mother Elizabeth, although she told some family members that she was adopted. Another legend passed down through my family is that Jacob's father, Jacob KARAS was killed while delivering mail on horseback by local Native Americans. Jacob F. KARAS' 1909 obituary stated that he had a brother,John KARAS, of Bellefontaine, OH. Jacob F. KARAS served in the WI 2nd Cavalry, Co. F during the Civil War. Hoping to find more information about Jacob F. KARAS father and mother, Jacob and Elizabeth KARAS.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.