Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for January thru March 1999
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- COLE posted by Dennis Cole on Saturday, January 2, 1999
- Seeking information on L.(L.N.B.) COLE who lived Reed Twp., Seneca Co, OH in 1845 & 1846. LDS records show Louisa Cole born in 1845 and Emily J. Cole born in 1846 in Reed Twp, Seneca Co. L.N.B./ L. Cole moved to Seneca Co from Fayette, KY after 1839 (daughter Sarah b in 1839 Fayette, KY) and returned to Fayette, KY after 1846 (son James W. Cole b 1847/48 in Fayette, KY).
- CROSS posted by Robert Wedding on Saturday, January 2, 1999
- I have the pension application of Henry C. Cross, born in Seneca Co., near Tiffin, 7 May 1842. This was the wrong Henry Cross for me and if anyone is connected to him and would this copy, just let me know and I'll mail it to you. He was married dec 30 1867 to Mary R. Geary. Children were Charles C., Alta R. M., Myrtle A., and Floyd H.
- BOYD, LIPPERT, SEIGRIST, WARNER posted by Ruth Lippert on Thursday, January 14, 1999
- Looking for the parents of Samuel Boyd, who I believe is buried at Green Lawn Cemetery. Thank you for any information that you can give me on this. Ruth Lippert.
- GILLAUM, GUILLAUME, HENRY, SAGAR, VERNER, ZBANEK posted by Carolyn Sagar on Saturday, January 16, 1999
- Gillaum / Henry Families Searching for any information regarding the families related to the marriage of Walter C. GILLAUM (was GUILLAUME), and Mary Letitia HENRY, who married in Seneca Co. on January 3, 1894. They would have the following children: Ruth Elizabeth - b. June 1894 (in Seneca Co.) George Walter - b. March, 1898 Alice E. - b. 1900 (in PA) John J. - b. Dec. 1906 Walter (b. abt. 1872) was son of Joseph (born Belgium) and Elizabeth (born VA). Believed to have siblings Robert (who married Harriet VERNER), Joseph and Nell. Most of family buried in the Greenlawn Cemetery. Walter and Mary moved family to Lucas Co/Toledo before 1910, having previously been in PA in 1900. Mary was daughter of John and Irene Henry, and believed to of been born in Steubenville/Jackson Co. in 1875. Not sure if the HENRY's moved down to Seneca or how she met Walter. She had siblings named Goldie, Ed, and Kate, who married Joseph ZBANEK of Iowa. Carolyn Pookiecat40@home.com
- RICE, SHRENK, SHUNK posted by Bonnie Walsh on Thursday, January 21, 1999
- Seek info on George Rice who married Elizabeth A. Shunk/Shrenk on 19 OCT 1865, Seneca Co., Ohio. Are they in census for 1870? Any death records or obits for them. Did they have daughter named Belle? Seek relatives.
- LANDOLL, WINDAU posted by Anne Grant on Saturday, January 23, 1999
- I have been researching the WINDAU family out of Erie Co. Ohio. I have a Harry George WINDAU b. 9 Apr. 1885 and d. 20 Sept. 1966 in New Riegal, Seneca Co. Ohio. He m. Katherine LANDOLL b. 1887 d. 15 Nov.1951 in New Riegal, Seneca Co. Ohio. They are both buried in St. Boniface Ceme. I would like to know if anyone has any information on any of their issue and any further data on Katherine ie; parents and p.o.b. Thank you for any help you can give. Anne
- KELLER, LIPPERT, SEIGRIST, WARNER posted by William Lippert on Saturday, January 23, 1999
- I am searcing the name Samuel B. Lippert born. around 1880,also searching the name WARNER of Seneca County, Tiffin Ohio. I beleive some of this Family are buried in Greenlawn Cemetery in Tiffin.Would appreciate any information I can get. Thanks. Bill
- WILKINSON posted by Jody on Wednesday, January 27, 1999
- Looking for my grandfather, Francis Henry Wilkinson. Died in Seneca County 1-19-34. One account says he was 35 another says he was born in 1880. Came to Ohio possibly from Michigan where he was married with two sons, George and Robert. Remarried here to Della Faye Hilborn, in Tiffin. He had 5 children here including my mother, Ruth May Wilkinson Lambright. Another of his children was well known in Tiffin as he was Captain of Police and taught Police Science there. His name was also Francis Henry and went by Frank or Cap. But his date of death was in 1983. Looking for my grandfather's real date of birth, place of birth, and parents names.
- MILLER, NEWCOMER, SCHUBERT, SHANNON posted by Herbert G. Vore on Monday, February 1, 1999
- MILLER, SHANNON, SCHUBERT, NEWCOMER Looking for information concerning Jesse MILLER, who was born in N. Y. in 1838 but moved to Seneca Co. in 1870s. From census records his father was born in Pa. He married Mary Ellen SHANNON, daughter of George SHANNON, and died after a farming accident in 1880. They had two sons Jesse and Logan. The latter of which, my grandfather, was born on 2 Oct 1876 and died in Tiffin on 16 Aug 1948. He married Bertha Belle SCHUBERT, born on 4 Oct 1883, died in Tiffin on 22 July 1942. Her parents were William SCHUBERT (1859-1941) and Mary Etta NEWCOMER (1860-1937). Please contact me at HVoreJr@aol.com
- BRAND, NEWMEYER, SAUNDERS posted by Pat Colbert on Tuesday, February 2, 1999
- NEWMEYER Seeking information on the family of Isacc Newmeyer and Walberg/Anna Saunders. They lived in the Seneca Township at least during the the 1840 and 1850 time frame. Had these children: Catherine, Lavina, Emiline, Josephine, Andrew and Theresa. Theresa married Francis A. Brand on Dec 14, 1875 in Cleveland, Ohio. Isacc and Walberg or Anna were from Germany. Phillip and Rachael Newmeyer are also found in this area during this time frame. They are the parents of Isaac. All were in farming, according to the 1850 Census.
- BICKFORD, PURDY posted by Mary Kane Bickford on Wednesday, February 3, 1999
- Surname BICKFORD PURDY Would like to find name of town where born, dates,and any relatives names for these brothers: STEPHEN T. BICKFORD b. 1823 Seneca, Co. CHARLES D. BICKFORD b. 1821 Seneca, Co., d. 1893 in Branch Co. Mi. Parents are Daniel and Eunice (Trask)Bickford. I think he was born in MASS. 1782. One brother Jonathan K Bickford was born in Canada 1814, d. 1882 in Mich. Would like to find town of birth, dates, and relative info for these brothers: ORANGE PURDY b. 1830 Seneca Co, d. 1865 in Mich. ERIAL (Rial) PURDY b. 1826 Seneca Co., d. 1919 in Mich. ALEXANDER PURDY b. 1824 Seneca Co., d. ?? Buried in Mich with the rest of family. Parents are Horace and Sally Purdy. Siblings not born in Seneca Co. are: Phoebe, George R., Harrison, Sally, Isaac T., and Laura. Be happy to exchange info. Please reply if you have anything.. Thank you Cousins !
- CAMPBELL, DELEPLANE, GUENTHER, HECK, PARKS, RALSTON, WAGNER, WOOD posted by Kim Ralston Dresser on Saturday, February 6, 1999
- Hello everyone, I'm searching in Seneca County for some families of Samuel Ralston & Elizabeth Parks who moved there abt 1832, listed in census of 1850. They are buried there & some of their children too & one was a Phoebe Ralston b.1840 married to a John Heck. They had children born maybe? Tiffin Seneca Co Sarah b 1862 Mattie b 1864 m. Myron Wood who was b. 1864 Joseph Henry m Orpha Wagner Marie Maude b 1868 m Fred Deleplane Alma Katherine b 1873 m George Guenther Samuel George b 1885 m Ida May Campbell b 1887 Colliers Brooke WV who had a dau Myrel b 13 Aug 1911 in Detroit Wayne MI. I'm searching for more Ralston info on them in Sencea Co found Their cemetery & census info & some other marriages of Samuel & Elizabeth's children from the wonder people who do the lookups on your web site. THEY SURE ARE GREAT. Thanks for any other info on this family there. Kim Ralston Dresser, searching from Okla.
- BRIGGS, WALKER posted by Becky MacDonald on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- Researching George Washington Walker and wife Mary E. Briggs. They lived in Tiffin from late 1800's to mid 1900's Mary worked at the St. Francis Orphanage. Any info would be appreciated
- CARITHERS, GRINE posted by Josephine Eshelman on Sunday, February 14, 1999
- I need information on Samuel Carithers born about 1844. married about 1879 Catherine Grine born Feb. 1850 in Big Spring township Seneca Co. They had one daughter Clara. They moved to Nebraska near Hastings.
- NAVARRE, RUMERY, VELER posted by Robert E. Wilson on Monday, February 15, 1999
- NAVARRE, Julia Cordelia b. about 1869 in Monroe, MI. The Navarre Family Assoc. states that this family had Seneca Co. Ohio connections. I am trying to learn if this lady had a connection to a Julia VELER. Julie VELER's 3d husband was a Daniel Rumery. If anyone sees a connection to this family, I would appreciate any information. Thanks.
- KOPP posted by William Lippert on Thursday, February 18, 1999
- Looking for any information on Karl Kopp who married Rosina Mast in Whittenburg Germany, migrated to Seneca Co. around 1879, or could be Charles Kopp Jr. or Charles Kopp Sr. Thanks Bill Lippert
- CALVIN, FRANKLIN posted by Barbara Cox on Friday, February 19, 1999
- Sindona Calvin married Mr Franklin and was living at 616 County Line St. in Fostoria at the time her brother Albert Opdike Calvin died in Grant Co IN at the Old Soldiers Home. His children had died and she was the nearest of kin mentioned in his military records. Her niece in a letter referred to Sindona as "Doan". Am trying to find any descendants of hers for help locating our Calvin ancestors. Barbara Cox email@example.com
- BOETNER, BRETZ, BURDNER posted by Barbara Moore on Sunday, February 21, 1999
- BURDNER/BOETNER Elizabeth BURDNER/BOETNER born 1769, married Philip BRETZ. Sarah died 29 November 1833 in Seneca Co., OH. Need parents and birthplace of Sarah.
- ALIG, REITZ posted by Richard L. Rice on Sunday, February 28, 1999
- Looking to find family or ancestors of John H. Alig, who married married Veronica Reitz on 28 November, 1857 1857 in Tiffen, Seneca County, OHio. John H. was born 5 Feb 1828 in Bavern, Germany. Veronica was born 10 July 1839 in Bavern, Germany.
- BRETZ, HIESTAND, WILLIAMS, WOLF posted by Barbara Moore on Monday, March 1, 1999
- Is there a book of Seneca CO cemeteries I could purchase? OR Would anyone know the burial place of Susanna BRETZ WOLF? Susannah was born 13 March 1793 and died 28 Jan 1872 in Seneca CO. THIS was Susannah BRETZ HIESTAND WOLF WILLIAMS but went back to the name WOLF after divorce from WILLIAMS. Many of her family are buried in White Chapel cemetery.
- LANTZ, MORRIS, SHAMMEL posted by Renee Mitchell on Monday, March 1, 1999
- Looking for information on Frederick William Shammel bn. May 1852, Tiffin, Seneca, OH. Married Elizabeth MORRIS March 1875 in Bridgewater, Williams, OH. Also looking for information Frederick SHAMMEL, possibly from Germany, and his wife Margaret LANTZ.
- DYSINGER, HOSTER, MITCHAEL posted by Tom Breedlove on Thursday, March 4, 1999
- Thomas DYSINGER was born in 1784 in Berks County, Pennsylvania. He is believed to have moved to Ohio from Seneca County, New York. He died May 20, 1854 in Bloomville, Seneca County, Ohio. He was married to Elizabeth HOSTER and a Catherine MITCHAEL. They had seven children: George, Susan, Jacob, Christopher, John, Elizabeth, and Daniel. Jacob moved to Defiance County, Ohio where he died in 1858. I am looking for any information on Thomas while he was in Seneca County, Ohio.
- ABBOTT, CLAYTON, KEMP, LEWIS, LINGAFELTER, ROOP, RUPE, SOWARDS posted by Margie Pearce on Friday, March 5, 1999
- Recently discovered Orphan Court records of 1834, in Huntingdon Co, PA, that lists the following residents of Seneca Co, OH. They are the children of Frederick ROOP and Elizabeth ABBOTT: Jacob RUPE (m. Nancy LEWIS), Elizabeth RUPE (m. William LINGAFELTER), Frederick RUPE (m. Elizabeth CLAYTON) and John RUPE (m. Elizabeth SOWARDS). Have lots to share on descendants, but would like to contact any others researching these lines. Did Joseph RUPE, the petitioner, marry Elizabeth KEMP(t) in Seneca Co, before moving to Van Wert Co?
- DIMOND, DUMOND, DUMONT, MOND posted by Julie DuMond on Monday, March 8, 1999
- I am looking for information about Isaac and Isaac I DuMond who purchased land in Seneca Co. OH on 1 Feb 1822 and 16 Sep 1834 respectively. I am also looking for an "Ory" DuMond who had a son named John and would have been in Seneca County in the 1890's. Variant spellings of the surname include DuMond, DuMont, D'Mond, DiMond, etc. Thanks, Julie
- CADY, CATY, LEPLEY posted by Karin Perrin on Thursday, March 11, 1999
- i am searching for any information on SAMUEL LEPLEY b-1816 pa, wife ELIZABETH CATY (CADY) b-1825 md. they had 4 children born in senca co,ohio: JOHN W,HANNA M, WILLIAM F, JAMES C. i am trying to find information on elizabeth's father CHARLES CADY and to find all of samuel's siblings. his father his JOHN LEPLEY b-1776 pa mother MARY b-pa. thankyou for the time and help.
- FETRO, MOON, SLOUGH, THOM posted by Judy Thom Johnson on Friday, March 12, 1999
- Searching for family of Archie and Lola Moon Fetro Also Leon and Opal Slough Thom. Any info appreciated
- DITCH, SHEPHERD, SMITH, STAHLER, STOLER posted by Sondra Brown on Friday, March 12, 1999
- SMITH,STAHLER/STOLER, SHEPHERD Looking for info on John M. Smith died in Tiffin in Dec. 1866. His first wife Maria Stoler died 1846 in Pa. May have re-married but I'm not sure. One son, Daniel was living in Tiffin. Another daughter, Polly Ditch was living in Baltimore, Md. in 1894. Daughters Fanny and Betsy were deceased by 1894 according to the will of his son John, who died in Springfield, Sangamon Co., Il. April 9, 1894. Fanny was born in 1816 in Pa. and married Joseph Shepherd in 1848 in Sangamon Co.,Il. and died in 1866. Any clues on John Sr. and Maria would be greatly appreciated.
- BERLEKAMP, RUMERY, VELER posted by Robert E. Wilson on Sunday, March 14, 1999
- BERLEKAMP, Julia or Jewel or Julie. Maiden name probably VELER. Husband's family is thought to be from Seneca Co. She was a RUMERY before marriage to Berlekamp (sp). Her date of birth was July, 1861. Any info appreciated. Thanks, Bob & Lynne
- KIESEL, REICHLE posted by Jeanie Reichle on Tuesday, March 16, 1999
- researching Great Grandmother, Catherine KIESEL, born 9 Dec 1852 in Seneca, OH. She married Christoph Frederick REICHLE from Germany and they settled in Michigan.
- WOLHETER posted by Gloria (Conrad) Thompson on Thursday, March 25, 1999
- I am searching for any information on the names George and Nettie ? WOLHETER.These names appeared under a photo my aunt had used in a ancestry project when she was in school; under the photo she had written "my great uncle and great aunt," which would make George and Nettie my great-great aunt and uncle. My Aunt does not have a recollection of them, and this is the first I have come across this surname in reference to my ancestors.
- FIANDT posted by R. C. Huddle on Friday, March 26, 1999
- Martin Fiandt arrived in Jackson Twp., Seneca Co. ca 1850. Would like information on any member of the family. (29 Mar 1999) R. C. Huddle, 352 Briar N. E., N. Canton, OH 44720
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.