Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for November thru December 1998
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- SHADE posted by Forest Shade on Thursday, November 5, 1998
- Looking for descendants of Christian Shade who died January 19, 1837 and is buried somewhere in Seneca County, possibly in "Smith's Cemetery". Does anyone know where that might be? FDShade@aol.com
- DITTO, ROBERTS, YOUNG posted by Darlene Miller on Friday, November 6, 1998
- Looking for Ditto Family, of Tiffin Ohio in the 1800,also a John H Young born abt 1820 who married Eve DittoMarch 16, 1848 in Tiffin, Seneca County, Ohio, Eve died April 15, 1850 in Seneca County, Tiffin, Ohio John H Young and Eve Ditto had a daughter Maria Virginia Young, Born October 14, 1848 Tiffin Ohio Married , August 20, 1867 to Ira Albert Roberts, son of John Howell Roberts and Julia Ann Wells, Minisink, Orange County, New York if any one has info please e-mail me and will also give info on what I have, been searching for John H young Family and who,s his parents were and Where he was born.
- BARNHART, BOBE posted by MaryLynne Farrell on Monday, November 9, 1998
- I am looking for the parents of Michael Barnhart b. 1819 in PA. He married Harriet Bobe 1842 in Seneca county Ohio. Does anyone know who his siblings were? He died in Williams CO, Ohio.
- DANIEL, GNAGI, KNAGE, MILLER posted by Vicki Stozich on Monday, November 16, 1998
- Searching for info on Daniel and Magdalena (Knage/Gnagi) Miller. Daniel b. 14 Jul 1788 d. 16 May 1856, Magdalena b. 7Nov 1788 d. 7Feb 1882 both buried in Coffman Cemetery, Seneca Co. OH. Children: Simon b 1811, Elizabeth b. 1813, Amos B. b 1816, Fannie, John K. b 1826. Would like to correspond with anyone researching this family. Thanks.
- LONG, NORRIS, RITTER posted by Vicki Stozich on Monday, November 16, 1998
- Searching for info on Anthony Long b 1805 and his wife Catherine (Ritter) Long b. 1813. Children: Sarah m. Ephraim Norris, Nancy m. James Lane, Catharine m. Wm. H. Miller, Mariah m. Samuel Shotts, and Susanah m. Michael Walker. Catherine died in 1843 and is buried in the Fairwell Retreat Cem. Leaving small children, Anthony married Jane Ingle shortly after Catherines death and they moved to Vermillion Co. IL where Anthony died ca 1871. I am looking for information on both Anthony Long and Catherine Ritter Long. I have no information on either of their parents or siblings. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- BARTLETT, BLAKESLEY, KELLOGG posted by Barbara Ward on Tuesday, November 17, 1998
- Trying to locate information of John Bartlett and wife Mary Mary (Kellogg). Mary (b. ca 1795 NH) could have been widow of Amasa Blakesley who died in Franklin county, Ohio in l821. Believe they had at least two sons, Henry and Leander M. Resided Seneca County 1830-40 census years. Relocated to McHenry co., Ohio and later Fayette Co.,, Iowa
- DECKER, HILLIS posted by Bonnie Walsh on Wednesday, November 18, 1998
- Trying ;to locate person who had Seneca Co. e-mail Feb 17, 1998 and listed e-mail as email@example.com. Looking for James W. Decker and wife Martha Hillis and son "Delbert Hillis b. 1853. Went to Kansas. thank you
- BUENO, MERCADO, MORALES, RAMIREZ, RECIO, TREVINO posted by John Hawley on Thursday, November 26, 1998
- Searching for desacendents of Modesto and Nestora Ramirez. This family left Pearsall, Tx in the late 1930s and moved to Ohio. Some of them lived in Tiffon, Toledo, and other cities. Reference the family tree below. 1. Modesto Ramirez, b. Mexico (Note: The entire Ramirez family with the exception of Yaya, and Chita, moved to Ohio in the late 1930s) ....+Nestora Recio, b. Texas ....2. Ramona "Yaya" Ramirez, b. 8/24/1904 Pearsall, TX, m. 1/1/1923 Pearsall, TX, d. 7/1991n Pearsall, TX, buried in Pearsall, TX ........+ Fernando Trevino, b. 2/18/1903 Sabinas, Coahuila, MX, d. 6/1970 Pearsall, TX, buried in Pearsall, TX ....2. Preciliano Ramirez, b. 1/5/1906 Pearsall, TX, d. 1/1986 Toledo, OH ........+Maria (maiden name unknown) ....2. Antonio Ramirez, b. Pearsall, TX (never married) ....2. Salome Ramirez, b. 10/22/1908 Pearsall, TX, d. 2/7/1993 Tiffon, OH (never married) ....2. Vincenta "Chita" Ramirez, b. Pearsall, TX ........+Gabriel Morales ....2. Pedro Ramirez, b. Pearsall, TX ........+Francisca Bueno ......(2nd wife of Pedro Ramirez) ........+Margie (maiden name unknown) (Margie was first married to Pedro's brother Nicholas) ....2. Rogacion Ramirez, b. 5/10/1916 Pearsall, TX, d. 3/4/1988 Phoenix, AZ ........+Manuel Mercado ....2. Nicolas Ramirez, b. Pearsall, TX ........+Margie (maiden name unknown) (Margie eventually married Nicholas' brother - Pedro) ....2. Louie Ramirez, b. Pearsall, TX ........+Margie (maiden name unknown) (This is a different Margie than the one indicated above)(Louie & Margie lived in Tiffon, OH) Thank you very much.
- DOWNS, GOODAM, WHEATON posted by Susan Kuennen on Thursday, November 26, 1998
- James DOWNS: There were two brothers James and John Lehre who struck out on their own. One John Lehre settled in Seneca Co., Ohio. John married Margaret Ann WHEATON 21 Oct 1845 and was born in Ross Co., Ohio 22 Aug 1812. James was born 1 Jun 1809 in Green twp, Ross, Ohio and married Sarah GOODAM 4 May 1843. The story in the family was that they split a wet stone (for sharpening knives) and each kept half. James went went but was never heard of again. The DOWNS in who remained in Ohio thought maybe the Indians got him and have always wanted to find out where he settled.
- HAUSKINS posted by Jim French on Friday, November 27, 1998
- Looking for the parents of Clayton Tiffin Hauskins, who was born in Seneca County, in 1818.
- BARE, COWGILL, MACKRILL posted by Pat Schiebel on Friday, December 4, 1998
- Seeking birth place of Dr. Robert Mackrill b.Oct.18,1818. Married Leannah BARE, b. June 25,1821- Rockingham co. VA. Their son,John Byron MC RILL, was born in Seneca Co. OH, June 2,1843. John married Elizabeth Anne COWGILL Feb. 24, 1867 in Marshall Co. IA. Elizabeth was born March 2,1847- Delaware Co. OH. Will share MACKRILL,MC RILL, COWGILL info.
- FAUSER, QUIGLEY, SWAN, SWANEY, WELLS posted by Kim Ralston Dresser on Friday, December 4, 1998
- Hello I'm looking for info on a William WELLS who was married 3 times. His 3rd wife was a Catherine QUIGLEY married in 1860 Seneca Co Oh. I'd like to learn the date they married and location? William lived in Hancock Co OH, his 1st wife was a Sarah Wells d. 1845 buried at the Wells Cemetery in Hancock CO, 2nd wife Jane or Janet Swaney or Swan d. 1859 in Arcadia Hancock CO, William d. 1868 and buried at Ayers Cem Fulton Co Oh, Catherine was still living at the time. William's children, Moses, James, Rebecca, Jeremiah, Isaiah, John & Noah. John was b. Jan 1 1833 in Hancock Co OH and married Catherine D. Fauser and they moved to Iowa by 1860 and John served in the civil war from Iowa.John & Catherine were my GGG grandparents and I've just recently found out all this info on his family from a couple other kind ladies who were eager to share their info with me. I would like to help find records to help document this family. Any info is treasured. Thanks for any help you might be able to send my way.Kim Ralston Dresser, searching from Okla.
- PHILLIPS posted by June Marcus on Saturday, December 5, 1998
- PHILLIPS, Jackson. I am trying to locate this family he was in Adams Co. Ohio in 1850 listed with his parents Samuel H. and Ann PHILLIPS. Jackson PHILLIPS born abt 1832 is listed in Big Spring, Seneca Co. Ohio in 1880 census. Jackson and his siblings were all born in Ohio. Thank you for any help. June
- BETZ, COOVER, COVER posted by Caral Mechling Bennett on Sunday, December 6, 1998
- Seeking exchange on the following family: John Jacob COVER/ COOVER (1799-1888) & wife Catherine (BETZ; 1796/99-c1877) They married in Jenners twp, Somerset Co PA, may have been in Bath twp, Summit Co OH for a time, then are found in an 1853 Power of Attorney, Seneca Co OH. Possible children may be: Michael, Henry, Christena, Elizabeth & Mary COVER. Are these Seneca Co COVER burials related to the above couple? 1. COVER, Christina, d. Apr 13, 1872, ae 52y 9m 17d, bur. Creasy or Andrews Cem (Maple Grove) 2. Hannah COVER, d. Dec. 21, 1852, ae 65y, Fairmont Cem. 3. Mary COVER d. Aug 17, 1852, ae 45y 11m 20d, Fairmont Cem. (4 to 9, buried at Loudon Twp. Cem) 4. Matilda J. COVER w/o Louis, 1835-May 14, 1899 5. Emma T. COVER d/o L. & M.J., d. Mar/May 17, 1873, ae 12y 5m 12d 6. Charles W. COVER a/o Casper & Mary, d. Nov 5, 1888 ae 14y 18d 7. Mary C/G COVER, w/o Casper, d. Apr 16, 1881, ae 38y? 1m 22d 8. Casper COVER Jan 3, 1831-Jul 2, 1877? , 46y 6m 6d 9. Mary Z.?,d/o C & M., d. July 7, 1871, 1y 1m 7d
- BANGHART, GILLES, HAAS, HAZEN, HENDRICKS, HUNSICKER, KLINGERMAN, SCHAAF, WAGNER, YOUNG posted by Barbara Wright on Thursday, December 10, 1998
- Peter HENDRICKS was an early purchaser of land in Bloom Twp., Seneca Co. OH, 9/9/1833. Peter was b. 9/21/1789 Bucks Co. PA. His parents were Henry & Elizabeth (Konigin) Hendricks. Peter m. Elizabeth HAZEN/HAAS 10/20/1816 Bucks Co. PA. They died in Marshall Co. IN; Peter in 1866; moving there after he wrote his will in 1863 in Seneca Co. The following children married in Seneca Co.: Henry (1817-1871) m Rebecca WAGNER 1839; Catharina (1819-1862) m. Adam SCHAAF II 1841; Maria (1822-1848) m. Isaac HUNSICKER 1845; Rachel (1829-1883) m. Christian YOUNG 1856; John (1824-1892) m. Catherine KLINGERMAN 1845; Elizabeth (1831-1887) m. Lewis SCHAAF 1851. Samuel K. (1826-1901) m. Sarah BANGHART in IN. Jacob (1834-1904) m. Rebecca GILLES in IN. Samuel & Jacob had other marriages. Besides HENDRICKS info, I am looking for WAGNER, SCHAAF, HUNSICKER, KLINGERMAN, & YOUNG Seneca Co. descendant data.
- FISHER, JOHNSON, MARKSTAHLER, SAFFER, WAGNER, WEODEL, WOLF posted by Cheryl Markstahler on Thursday, December 10, 1998
- Seeking information on Andrew (Andreas) MARKSTAHLER. Born in Baden Germany. Came to US in about 1860s. Married to Christina WOLF. Settled in Tiffin, OH by way of Rome, NY. Had four children-Catherine MARKSTAHLER who married Wm K. WAGNER, ??? MARKSTAHLER who married Charles WEODEL, ???? MARKSTAHLER who married Will FISHER, and Charles MARKSTAHLER who married #1-Ida JOHNSON on 08Mar1883. Charles and Ida had one daughter-Edna MARKSTAHLER. Charles MARKSTAHLER married #2-Jane ??? and they had three boys - Charles MARKSTAHLER, Jr. (b.25Dec1894, d.18Jan1918), Andrew MARKSTAHLER (b.09May1897 d. 02Apr1916) and William MARKSTAHLER (b.30Jan1902, d.07Aug1968). Charles MARKSTAHLER married #3 Theresa SAFFER in Chicago, IL and they had five children-Hilda MARKSTAHLER, Leonard MARKSTAHLER, Helen MARKSTAHLER, Stanley MARKSTAHLER, and Leroy MARKSTAHLER.
- KUHN posted by Kris Kuhn Krumm on Friday, December 11, 1998
- Working on the KUHN family history. Originally settled in Bascom, OH in 1835. Please visit my site and follow the links. Any help much appreciated! My homepage is at: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ohio/links2.shtml If you have KUHN blood please write to me! :-)"
- ALFORD, AYRES, BINNINGER, BORDNER, HENDLE, KETTNER, RAYMOND, STRAUSBAUGH posted by Mike Ayres on Thursday, December 17, 1998
- Looking for info on a David Ayres of Attica. Ran a hotel and candy store in mid 1800'S. Born 1819 - died 1909. Buried in Attica Venice Cemetery. Looking for parents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
- BILLINGS, DICKENSON, HARRIS, HOLY, JACKSON, JOHNSON, ROGERS, SELLERS, WALKER posted by Maughan Mason on Thursday, December 17, 1998
- ROGERS/JACKSON/JOHNSON Eliphalet ROGERS b 9 Oct 1795 Mass md 8 Apr 1822 Sandusky (now Seneca) Co, Ohio Hannah JACKSON, b 23 Aug 1802. She died Seneca Co 24 Apr 1840. Children (all of Liberty TWP, Sandusky/Seneca, Ohio) Alonzo b 3 Feb 1823; Josephine b 7 June 1824 md Charles DICKENSON; Nancy J b 24 Apr 1827, md John HOLY Seneca Co 22 June 1845, died 2 Apr 1895 Noble Co, Ind; Elizabeth Jane b 23 May 1829 md James Seberal WALKER 21 Feb 1850 Seneca Co, d 28 Nov 1910, Sarah M b 16 Dec 1831 md David SELLERS; Matilda J b 2 Feb 1832 md John HARRIS 26 Jan 1864 Noble Co, Ind, d 1914 Noble Co; Amanda R b 22 Sept 1836, d 1916 Noble Co; Henry R b 10 Feb 1839 d 25 June 1839; George J b 10 Feb 1839, d 23 Sept 1847. Eliphalet md 2nd 1841 Delilah Johnson b 28 Dec 1818. She d 8 Oct 1846, Noble Co, Ind. Children: Hannah R b 7 Nov 1841, d 2 Mar 1842 Liberty, Seneca, Ohio; Hester Ann b 1 Sept 1843 Liberty TWP, md 8 Oct 1863 Noble Co, Ind John D BILLINGS, bur 29 Dec 1894 St Joseph Co, Mich; John William b 2 Oct 1846 J! efferson, Noble, Ind md 18 Sept 1884 Wood Co, Ohio Eva Horner. He d 29 Jan 1931 Noble Co, Ind. 1850 Census Seneca Co, Ohio - James Seberal WALKER,s mother Mary appears wit h his siblings Mary & Joseph. Father John evidently dead. Family came from Ross Co, Ohio. Maughan Mason, 18910 Cyril Place, Saratoga, CA 95070. 408/257-3777 MMASON3 @ AOL.COM --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- JACKSON, RODGERS, ROGERS, SELLERS, ZELLERS posted by Marilyn O'Leary on Thursday, December 24, 1998
- Researching families of Eliphalet ROGERS/RODGERS and wife Hannah JACKSON. Also family of Frederick ZELLERS/SELLERS of Pleasant twp, Seneca Co, OH
- HANCOCK, LAYMAN, LAYMON, LEHMAN, LEHMANN posted by Audrey Shields Hancock on Tuesday, December 29, 1998
- **Please note**Email address bounces, however there is a mailing address with the query. Seek contact with other researchers of the LEHMANN/LEHMAN/LAYMAN/LAYMON family. The LEHMAN(N) family of Seneca Co., OH & Wyandot Co., OH were related to my LEHMANN family of Shelby Co., OH. Both immigrant ancestors were from Schirrhein, Alsace, France and went originally to Stark Co., OH. Brothers, Michel & Nicolas, immigrated at different time periods. Another Joseph LEHMANN immigrated in 1828 with Michel LEHMANN. Relationship of Joseph to the LEHMAN(N) brothers is unknown. Joseph also settled Stark Co., OH for a time. Audrey (LEHMANN-SHIELDS) HANCOCK, 1130 Dogwood Drive, Portage, MI 49024
- CADE, CADY, CATY, LEPLEY posted by Karin Perrin on Tuesday, December 29, 1998
- my great grandfather is samuel lepley b-1816 pa.his wife was elizabeth cady b-1825 md.children-john washington,maria hanna, william f,james c,cyrus,mary jane,sarah l,& andrew j. samuel's father is john lepley b-1776 pa and wife is mary. samuel has a sister named catharine. i am looking for samuel's other siblings and information on john. also if anyone has information on elizabeth cady(caty). i know her farther is charles cade (caty etc). he was from germany. thankyou for your time. karin
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.