Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for December 2001 thru March 2002
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- ECKERT, WALTER posted by Jack Walter on Tuesday, December 4, 2001
- Seeking birthplace in Germany, residence in Seneca Co.,information on brothers Isaac and Peter for John WALTER, shoemaker, who emmigrated to Seneca Co. about 1858, served in Civil War, and married Elizabeth ECKERT in 1867.Does anyone know when he moved to LaGrange Co., Indiana?
- BINERLE, BURKY, HANES, SCHAAL, SCHOEPFLE, SHEERER, STORMER, ZOLLER posted by Cindy S. on Monday, December 10, 2001
- I still have calling cards with names of these Seneca? Co. OH people: Rosetta S. Burky, Mary S. Burky, Lizzie Burky, Emma Burkly, Anna B. Schoepfle, Lucy M. Sheerer, Anna Stormer, E. D. Schaal, Louisa Zoller, Ida M. Hanes, and Mary S. Binerle.
- BAUER, BINNINGER, BUCHMANN, KNIERIEMEN, ROCKEY, SHADE posted by Cindy S. on Monday, December 10, 2001
- I have found homes with family for these calling card surnames (see my NOV 2001 query): Bauer, Binninger, Buchmann, Knieriemen, Rockey, Shade, Schneider, Richard, and Foster.
- BEELMAN posted by Jenny Vermillion on Wednesday, December 12, 2001
- Seeking information on Jacob BEELMAN of Bloomville, Bloom Tep., Seneca Co during the 1870's & 80's and H.H. BEELMAN of same said town, twp., co. listed as member of the IOOF in 1877. Thanks!~ God Bless!~
- KRAUSS posted by Ruth Rocco on Wednesday, December 12, 2001
- Am looking for information on George Krauss who lived in Melmore Township, Seneca County in 1840. Do the city directories have records of his family or any information on him. Is he listed in the Ohio census. He died before 1858. Was originally from Cecil County, Maryland. Son of Captain Leonard Krauss.
- FELLOWS, RICE, RIESS posted by Dyan Reynolds on Friday, January 11, 2002
- I am looking for information on Mary A. Rice who was born in New Riegel, Ohio in Seneca Cty. Her father was John Rice (or Riess) from Germany. Mary married Sanford C. Fellows. I have no information on Mary's mother. Her death certificate listed her mother as "unknown". Dyan Reynolds
- HICKS posted by Carl A. Voigtsberger on Tuesday, January 15, 2002
- HICKS, Wealthie Alberta - b. 7 Nov 1867 @ Fort Seneca, OH d. 5 Sep 1960 @ Broken Bow, NE m. 15 Dec 1886 @ Sedalia, MO
- CHANCE, PORTER posted by Loreda Everett on Tuesday, January 15, 2002
- Sarah Ellen Chance Porter 1854-1936 I would like to the the parents of Sarah Ellen Chance born in Fostoria Ohio July 11, 1854. She married Orville "Obe" Porter in Geneva Iowa 1875. In 1889 they homesteaded in Rushville, Sheridan County, Nebraska. Any information on Sarah Chance Porter's Parents siblings or family history please contact me. Thank you.
- CROUSE posted by Lorraine Ruhr on Monday, January 21, 2002
- 1850 Seneca County Federal census shows my 9 year-old g-g-grandmother, Catherine CROUSE, living in a dwelling listed as a "cloister" with many children and adults living there, but not her parents. Is this a school or commune for those of the German Reformed faith? Lorraine
- LEITNER, LIGHTNER posted by Lindsey Finken on Sunday, January 27, 2002
- Looking for any info on Samuel H. and Eliza (Elizabeth) Leitner who were in Seneca County Tiffin Twp. 1860 census records. She died 1901 and is buried in Wooster Cemetary. I would like to find out where he is buried and his and her parents names. Lindsey
- CUMMINS, HILLIS posted by Bonnie Walsh on Sunday, January 27, 2002
- Is Venice twp., Seneca co., Ohio going to be added to the old maps online? I am also looking for a postcard picture of the Bethel Church of God that was located between Attica, Ohio and Willard, Ohio but in Huron co., Ohio. I was told it burned down in the 1990s. Was there a newspaper article about it( when it burned)in the Tiffin newspaper. The cemetary remains. Does anyone know if there were postcard pictures of the church? I was also wondering if there are any lists of teachers from Seneca co., Ohio in the 1850-1880 time frame. My great great great grandparents were John and Sarah (Cummins) Hillis of Venice twp., Seneca co., Ohio. Thank You.
- LINN, OATENKIRK, ODENKIRK, STARR posted by Rick Goodwin on Saturday, February 2, 2002
- Looking for info on Keziah (STARR) LINN born 1826 Ohio, died 1870 Michigan. Keziah married Robert LINN 1844 in Seneca, Ohio. Especially interested in Keziah's parents (Thomas (b. 1792, d. 1851) and Anne (b. 1794)) and Keziah's siblings (Margaret, John, Anne, Mariah, Hannah, Isaac, Elizabeth Jane, Franklin and Lovinia). Keziah's mothers maiden name may have been OATENKIRK/ODENKIRK. I believe some of the family made stops in Pennsylvania, Seneca County, Ohio, Kosciusko County, Indiana, Defiance County, Ohio and Allegan County, Michigan.
- MCMEEKEN posted by Shirley Dilsworth on Monday, February 4, 2002
- Am looking for the Hugh McMEEKEN family. He was originally from Richland Co., but died in Seneca Co. Anyone have any information on this family? All I have is his name, no wife nor children Thanks
- GINGERY, WONDERLY posted by Emily Jordan on Thursday, February 14, 2002
- I would like to contact anyone that knows whether the William Wonderly and John Wonderly families that lived here in the 1850's and 1860's were related. Did both men marry Gingery women? Were these women sisters, cousins, or what?
- CRAIG, HEICHEL posted by Charles Horne on Saturday, March 2, 2002
- Lyle Craig or Maude Craig 1950 era from Green Springs. Any information. Daughter Barbara Johanna Craig Heichel, Maude's daughter Becky Ziggler, Lyle & Laura Craig's children Roy, Carl, Althea, Ellen Mae.
- MUELLER posted by Dana Waterman on Wednesday, March 6, 2002
- Requesting information on family of my grandmother born Anna Sarah Mueller in Fostoria, Ohio, on 7/2/1874
- SHELDON posted by Regina Sheldon Sampson on Thursday, March 7, 2002
- Has anyone any info on John Sheldon born @1865 in Seneca Co.? John's father was William Sheldon. Mother unknown. John's brother was Thomas Jefferson Sheldon born in ohio in 1861.
- RICHARDSON, SAXSON posted by John Reynolds on Thursday, March 7, 2002
- Looking for information on Dudley P. Richardson and wife Elizabeth Saxson. They had a daughter Frances born in Tiffin in 1836.
- FLEMING, SMITH, STRAUSE, STROUSE posted by Kurt Jensen on Saturday, March 9, 2002
- Am looking for infomation concrning James W. Strouse (b. 1860); wife Mable/Mabel (b. 1870) and their two daughters, Clara (b. 1892) and PHALLY Aug. 1887-May 9, 1915). In 1900, James W. Strouse was a plumber living on North Main Street in Fostoria. By 1910, he had either died or wife Mabel/Mable had left him; she was living in Los Angeles wih a William H. Munson (b.1874), who was a salesman. Phally Strouse apparently stayed in Ohio, and was married to a man named Smith. Their address in 1913 was RFD 1, Box 5, Perrysburg. Clara moved with her mother to Los Angeles, and on April 7, 1909, married a Victor L. Fleming. They did not have children, and she left him on July 30, 1911, and at some point returned to Ohio, living with, I believe, her sister Phally. Clara is believed to have died in the nationwide flu epidemic of 1917-19, but I have not seen evidence of this. She may also have remarried. Any further information about the Strouse family, Clara or Phally, would be much appreciated!
- YATES posted by Greg Yates on Wednesday, March 13, 2002
- A WWII War memorial with names was posted in dowtown Republic, Ohio. I am looking for a picture of this as my fathers name (Paul Yates) was on it.
- NEIKIRK posted by Lisa Belle on Friday, March 15, 2002
- Location of Block Cemetary for the English Evangelical Lutheran Church in Adams Twps. Also trying to find where any burial records for the time frame of 1850's-1870's.
- HUFFMAN, LENZ, PEACOCK, SPUGIN, YOUNG posted by John J. Tracy on Saturday, March 16, 2002
- Looking for information on Howard Young, Elsie spugin,Homer Peacock and doris
- FREDRITZ posted by Nelson Fredritz on Monday, March 25, 2002
- Looking for the origin of the Fredritz family name
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.