Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for May 2003 thru February 2004
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- RINE posted by John E. Rine on Saturday, May 3, 2003
- Original Query from 1997: Query Text: I am looking for information on Franklin Joseph RINE, born 6-24-1863. I believe he lived in Wood County at least from 1896 until 1904. Pior to this he lived in Seneca County. ---------------------------------------- update on Franklin (Frank) Joseph Rine, he lived on Haskins Street in Bowling Green, Ohio from 1895-1928 when he died. we have proof that his funeral was at the union church on the Nathan/Sarah Rine Farm (which was moved in 1937 because the Rine's wanted to farm the land, and the church now is at 148 white st. Clyde Ohio) also that he was buried in union cemetery adjoining the Union Curch, does anyone have pictures of the Union church that sat on the Rine Homestead farm? we know there were weddings there and pictures of the UNION CEMETERY? I can't find my Grandfather Franklin Joseph Rine, died 1928 Grandmother, Elizabeth Catherine "Libby" (Wales) Rine, died 1916, Aunt, Jennie Lenore Rine died 1940, Graves in the Union Cemetery and we have court house, death certificates, and funeral home proof they were buried there. someone please send us information the last burial was in 1940 a little over 60 years ago. Thanks. John Rine email@example.com I will pay for pictures and information.
- THIERY posted by Carl Thiery on Sunday, May 25, 2003
- Edward THIERY's family. He was born 16 Dec1882 in Perry County Indiana and died 30 June 1970 in Tiffin Ohio
- SHILEY, TINTOROFF posted by Shelby Carter on Monday, June 2, 2003
- would george shiley parents be peter shiley an anna catherine tintoroff
- SHILEY posted by Shelby Carter on Monday, June 2, 2003
- looking for obits of the shiley family. i was at the library but too many for time allowed. thank you shelby
- HOOVER, HOUK, MATHEWSON, SPEARS, SPEERS posted by Dottie Stephenson on Tuesday, June 3, 2003
- I have been looking for the parents of John Hoover, whose was born in PA. in May of 1795,and his wife Maria. He marriedMaria Spears, (Speers) at Reedstown in Seneca County. (I believe Maria's fathers name was Barney Spears.) Their children were Lyman, Abraham, Sally and Barney. Lyman Hoover married Emma (Emily) Jane Mathewson whose father's name was William Mathewson. Would like to have any information about any of these surnames, especially the Hoover - Spears (Speers) Connection.
- BUCHMANN, HARTSCHUH, KAGY, KELLER, SHELLHORN, ZEIGLER, ZUTAVERN posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on Saturday, June 21, 2003
- I am researching the descendents of 2Great-grandparents Peter Keller and Susanna Buchmann, who emigrated from Reischweiler in the Rhein Pfalz are of "Germany in 1852. They married in 1837 in Germany, settled in the Lykens Township, Crawford Co., near St. John's Baseline Reformed Church, and raised a family of nine children, who in turn married and farmed in Northern Crawford and southern Seneca Counties. At this time I have significant family information on the German ancestry of the Keller and Buchmann families, as well as on the descendents of five of the children of Peter and Susanna(Jacob, Louisa, wife of Henry Zeigler, Susanna, wife of Paul Shellhorn, Mary, wife of John Hartschuh, and Efa, wife of Jacob Zutavern. However, I have little on the descendents of the other four children of Peter and Susanna, as follows: 1. Elizabeth Keller, born Germany 1838, died 30 May 1913, buried Woodlawn Cem., Bloomville. She reportedly married Benjamin Kagy in 1870. 2. Adam Keller, born in Germany 1847, died 1912, burined Woodlawn Cem., Bloomville. Married Elizabeth Kagrise in Seneca Co., 1871. She died in 1926. 3.Christian keller, born Germany, died 1932, buried Woodlawn Cem., Bloomville. His wife was Elizabeth last name unknown, who died in 1912. 4. George William Keller, Born Germany 1850, died 1832. He married Mary Klaiss in 1883. She died 1943. Place of burial unknown. I would appreciate learning of nay other researchers working on the Keller or Buchmann families of Seneca/Crawford Counties. I would especially appreciate any information on the above-mentioned four persons and their descendents. If anyone has acess to the Tiffin newspaper obituaries for these four people, I would be very grateful. I will gladly share information I have on these families. I have a number of generations in Germany, recently developed.
- HUNT, METCALF posted by Dee Bignall on Monday, June 23, 2003
- Requesting information of Seneca County residents married in the year 1911 near Omar or Reedtown, Ohio Laura Hunt to Arlington Metcalf We are unable to find grandmother's middle name and hope that marriage info will lead us to an answer Thanks
- EVERHART posted by John Gunder on Wednesday, July 2, 2003
- i beed two obituaries from tiffin ohio. charles everhart sr.11 21 1961 martha everhart 2 2 1947 thank you shelby in flordia
- CLEMENS, CLEMENTS, KIZER posted by John Gunder on Saturday, July 5, 2003
- 1850 census shows a Daniel CLEMENS/CLEMENTS with the fowling children. David age 19, Delila age 3, Elizabeth age 10, George age 24, Harriet age 29, Jacob age 8, John age 6, Mararet age 12, mary age 5 and possible a Charles age unkn. I think this families mother was Hannah Kizer however she is not listed could Daniel been married twice?.Family lore has it that Hannah was born at Broken Sword in Seneca Co. October 7 1820. This man was my GGrandfather and has been a dead end on tracking him. Glad to trade information. John
- KISTNER posted by Patrick Lernout on Saturday, July 19, 2003
- Looking for information about and relatives of World War 1 soldier Ray Kistner. He was from Fostoria and is buried in Flanders Field Cemetery in Belgium. He was killed in action November 11, 1918 – THE LAST DAY OF THE WAR Purpose Historical research Patrick Lernout – Belgium email@example.com
- SHUFELT posted by Brenda Shufelt on Saturday, July 19, 2003
- I'm looking for any information on Shufelt's that were in the Seneca County for the 1860 census. then where in Lucas Co for the 1880 without Adam Shufelt. He is the one I"m trying to locate. Thanks for any help. brenda shufeldt
- HARRINGTON posted by Gloria Harrington on Sunday, July 20, 2003
- My name is Gloria Harrington and I live in south central Oklahoma. My father in law is 93 years old and has given me a woven coverlet-67" X 74". It has wide bands of rusty orange and deep turquoise with patterns of sunburst flowers and birds woven in a natural color. In two corners are 8" X 10" blocks in which the following is woven in 1" letters: Manufactured by G. Schoch, Seneca County Ohio, 1844. Dollar value is not important. I would just like to have some historical information to pass on to my son and his children as they are the end of the Harrington line. All my father in law can remember is that it belonged to his Grandmother Viola. I would really appreciate any information you could send. Thank you, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEASLE posted by Corrine Z. Waller on Saturday, August 9, 2003
- MEASLE I am looking for someone with a digital camera who would be willing to photograph tombstones of Mary MEASLE and Jacob MEASLE in the Greenlawn Cemetery in Tiffin. I ordered a stone from the Veterans Department for Jacob Measle and sent a check in the summer of 2002 to the cemetery for $150 to have Mary's stone repaired and the two stones placed on a foundation. I would like to see a photo of them. The photo may be sent JPEG to email@example.com.
- FISHER, NEWSON posted by Bud Davis on Saturday, August 30, 2003
- I am looking for information about John W(illiam) Fisher. He was born 15 July 1852 and died 4 May 1936 in Mansfield, Ohio. He married Olive Adele (Della) Newson on 15 Sep 1872 in Tiffin, Ohio. He moved to Mansfield, Ohio about 1882.He was a member of the United Brethren Church. His obituary listed him as a native of Seneca County - not necessaruly born there. I would like to find his place of birth and any information concerning his father and mother and any brothers or sisters.
- LONG, ZANE posted by Sandra Broussard on Monday, October 20, 2003
- Hi, I am trying to search for any records on an Alexander Long born about 1792-3 and or any family members. He died at Upper Sandusky, Ohio in May 1838 buried at Garret cemetery. He was married to Catherine Zane Long of Zanesfield, Ohio in Logan County in 1817. Alexander was with the Wyandote Indians at the Mission in Upper Sandusky. He was a white man who served in the War of 1812, married a part Wyandote women the daughter of Isaac Zane, died 1816. They had numerous children one being an Isaac Z. Long, June 7, 1829. I know this is not Wyandote County but a neighboring County I am trying all neighboring counties. At the time of his death Wyandote County had not formed yet. Thank You, Sandra Broussard
- MARKS posted by Vickie on Wednesday, October 29, 2003
- Family information needed for Calvin P. Marks; born 9/2/1881 in Kansas, died 6/7/1963 in Tiffin. Would like to find his obituary and any listings of family he has or had in the area. Will answer all messages. Thank you Vickie
- MCCOWEN, PALMER posted by Lynda on Tuesday, November 18, 2003
- Liberty-Bettsville Cemetery My G-G Grandfather, Benjamin Palmer, died Nov. 26, 1896. Funeral services were held at the Bettsville M.E Church and burial followed in this cemetery, according to the Fremont Daily News, 11/30/1896. I have searched the Seneca County Cemetery Inscriptions Book and visited the Liberty-Bettsville Cemetery without success. His daughter Emma Palmer McCowen is buried at this site. I understand the town of Bettsville presently maintains the cemetery, but a check at the town library, no one knew where the original records were located. Can anyone provide information as to the location of the sextons or church records for burials in this cemetery during the 1890-1900 time period, if they exist? Lynda Niceville, FL.
- MILLER, SHIPPEY posted by E. Sturdevant on Sunday, January 25, 2004
- 'm looking for any information on the Robert Shippey/Hannah Miller family in possibly Jackson or Hopewell Townships. I believe them to be wed about 1832. Hannah's father possibly Abraham Miller. My wife is from the R.Shippey-Abraham Shippey-Paul Shippy-Elbert Shippy line. firstname.lastname@example.org
- RINGLEIN, ZAHM posted by Carol McKenzie on Tuesday, February 3, 2004
- I am interested in any Ringlein or Zahm family information, I have tons to share. Carol McKenzie Naturesacres@yahoo.com
- WISE posted by Carolyn Stilwill on Saturday, February 7, 2004
- Looking for information on John Wise, born Sept. 26, 1779 in Germany. Came to the US in 1827. Possibly married in PA. Died Dec. 30, 1834 In Seneca Co. Think he is buried in Attica Venice Cemetery. Wife, Sophia was born OCt. 22, 1768 possibly in PA. Died Sept. 3, 1849 and is buried in Attica Venice Cemetery. Possible Children: Henry - died Aug. 19, 1864 in Fortress Monroe Francis *Susan or Susannah born Feb. 28, 1824 in Carlisle PA. Married John Stilwill Oct. 11, 1846 in Seneca Co. Died Dec. 7, 1909 in Fulton Co. OH. Jacob - Born Jan. 16, 1819 in Cumberland Co. PA. Married Eliza Armsby in 1840 and died Mar. 4, 1904 in Seneca Co. Catharine - Married Daniel Craighton Solomon Adam John Margaret Elizabeth Sophia George I would appreciate any information available about John and Sopha. Carolyn Stilwill
- KELLEY, KELLY, LINHART, STRAWBRIDGE posted by Kerry Hatch Bossenbroek on Tuesday, February 24, 2004
- I'm looking for information about the parents of John E. Kelley, b. 5-6-1849, Fostoria, OH. On 7-21-1870, he married Ann Maria Linhart, b. 4-14-1845 in Pittsburg, PA and had the following children: Marcus D (who died at 3 months), Mary E. Kelley, b. 9-19-1873 (went by the name, "Mamie" and married Joseph Strawbridge), Alwilda May Kelley (died when she was 4 years old), Laura Bell Kelley (died at almost 2 months) and Cora Elma Kelley, b. 8-23-1880. Any information would be helpful! Thanks
- CLEMENS posted by John Gunder on Saturday, February 28, 2004
- Searching for origin of Daniel CLEMENS that married Hannah Keyser and lived in Jackson Twp. Seneca County Ohio about 1837 thru till 1850 it is thought that he came from Pennsylvania. Have family and willing to share. John
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.