Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for April thru September 2005
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- FATZINGER, LONSWAY posted by Suzie Johnson on Friday, April 1, 2005
- Walter Griffin/ Russell Lonsway, who were ther parents? does any one know? I am stuck at this point.
- BENTLEY, BENTLY, MORRIS, MURRAY posted by A. Murray on Friday, April 1, 2005
- I posted the following query: MURRAY posted by A. Murray on Tuesday, July 24, 2001 Seeking information on JOHN M. and MARY E. MURRAY of Seneca Co., Ohio during the 1853-1863 period. John is listed in the Seneca County Directory. Seeking any information on his home, business, and family. Also, need information on any epidemics during that time to determine when he and his wife died. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE REQUESTED. 1. Can you provide history data of Seneca County, 1850-1865 (pictures of the towns) for where John M. Murray lived at that time? 2. Also seeking information on Freeman Henry Morris, a popular, traveling Auditor during the same timeline above. 3. I am requesting additional information, so please help me. I am also need to locate information on a Daniel & Eliza Bentley (Bently) that resided in Cincinatti, Mount Pleasant, Ohio. They lived there from 1850 - 1898. I need to locate their residence address and history of the Mount Pleasant township doing that time (pictures greatly appreciated). My understanding it that this was a prominent family and therefore should have some listings somewhere. Daniel Bentley is the father of Mary E (Bentley) Murray in my first inquiry.
- OBER posted by Curt Fissel on Wednesday, April 6, 2005
- Hello My name is Curt Fissel I live in Gettysburg Pa and at the present time I am working on my wife's family tree. Her GGGrandfather was killed in a Train Accident Jan. 4ht, 1887 in Republic Ohio. Can you advise who I may contact to obtain a couple of the Newspaper article of the accident and possible a copy of his obituary in the news paper His name was David Ober with a residence of Oberlin Pa. Thank You Curtis Fissel
- KLECKNER, KLINGAMAN posted by Bonnie Vickery on Thursday, April 7, 2005
- I'm looking for information on my Great Great Grandmother Amanda Jane Klingaman. I have her birth certificate from Seneca County dated July 5, 1840. Listed on her birth certificate is the following: "Amanda Jane Klingaman born in the year of 1840 on the 5th day of July, her father William Klingaman and her mother Rebecca Klingaman a daughter to Joseph Kleckner, Amanda Jane Klingaman was born in the state of Ohio Seneca County." Please reply to: Bonnie S. Andrews Vickery email@example.com
- RINE posted by John E. Rine on Thursday, May 26, 2005
- need to know where jacob rine is buried, died 1847 seneca co ohio firstname.lastname@example.org john rine thanks
- GEESLIN, KELLY, MAGERS posted by Helen Bloom on Friday, July 1, 2005
- Florenc b. Jan 1877, and Elsie b Aug 1882 in Ottawa Co., Port Clinton, Ohio to Thomas and Myrene (Kelly) Magers moved to Tiffin early 1890's where Thomas died 1896. Florence m. a Geeslin, and she, Elsie and Myrene lived in Tiffin in 1915. No info since. Anyone have any info on them? Thanks
- KINSEY posted by Steve Kinsey on Tuesday, July 5, 2005
- Hello; Steve Kinsey here in Toledo. I've been to Tiffin twice trying to locate information about my gg and ggg grandfathers; Joseph Kinsey and Joseph Kinsey Jr. They were both original land owners in Seneca County; ca.1835 and 1848. Jr died in 1869 and Sr died in 1878, as did his wife Maria Kinsey (DAR). I have not found out what happened to the wife of Jr., Rebecca Kinsey. She appeared in the 1880 census with her son Hiram Kinsey, in Seneca County, but no sign of her after. I also cannot find any location info about JR's death, just the date. We located the grave site of Sr and Maria and took some very nice pictures. Info I have seen said they were Pa Dutch; I believe from Bucks County, Pa. We were at the library and court house in Tiffin. Where else do we need to search to find some lead to where they originated from in Pa? We would like to plan a visit to Pa this fall, but need to narrow down our search. Any leads or contacts would be most appreciated. thank you kindly; Steve
- ANDERSON, HOFFMAN, SHIDLER posted by Blair Alsip on Saturday, July 16, 2005
- Trying to find a home for some old pictures printed on postcards. They are of the seven Hoffman brothers. I think they had Tiffin and Watson connections. One is Mourice Anderson a nephew . Another is Harry Shidler in a horse drawn buggy. I am hoping one of their children or grandchildren is still around. Thanks much. Blair PS. My e-mail is email@example.com or phone 419-447-3367
- KRIDLER, VONCANNON posted by Lyman Phillips on Tuesday, July 19, 2005
- I am looking for information on my family who lived in the Tiffin OH area from 1830 - 1870 at least. I would like to pose and query on both Kridler and Von Cannon. Thanks you .... Lyman Phillips
- MCNUTT, TURNER posted by Loanne Livesay Rebuck on Tuesday, July 19, 2005
- Looking for the marriage between Mary Ann Mc NUTT and ? TURNER ca 1860. Can anyone tell me when this mg occured and what Mr. Turner's given name was? Any help appreciated. Loanne
- WOLF posted by Loanne Livesay Rebuck on Tuesday, July 19, 2005
- Looking for information re Abednego WOLF listed in 1840 Seneca Co., census in Clinton Twsp. age 20/30 one male child under 5 and one female 20/30. Who were his siblings.....the census taker was Jacob WOLF, any relation. Any help appreciated, Loanne
- ANDERSON, WAGNER posted by Bob Private on Wednesday, July 27, 2005
- WAGNER, ANDERSON Seeking info on George WAGNER and his parents. This George is enumerated in an 1850 census index I have seen as born in 1836 (about age 14). Both parents would have been born in PA and George born in OH. Also seeking info on George's marriage, possibly in Seneca County, OH, to Sarah ANDERSON. This marriage may have occurred about 1853 or 1854. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance. God Bless! Bob Private firstname.lastname@example.org
- KLINE, LAWRENCE, PAINE posted by Janett Calland on Sunday, August 7, 2005
- I am researching the John Paine family of Seneca County. John Paine was the husband of Sarah Lawrence. They had two sons, John W. Paine and James Paine. James Paine married Maria Kline and they had several children, one of which was Nancy M. Paine who married Wilson Pontius. I need to know the genealogical history of John Paine who married Sarah Lawrence. Who were his parents,etc.? Thank you. Janett Calland Port Clinton, OH
- ENGLEMAN, HELKEY, MITCHENER, OSTERHOLT, REIGER, SCHEER, SHEELEY posted by Shannon Stamp on Sunday, August 21, 2005
- My great grandfather is Peter F Sheeley and he married theresa Mary Englemann. They had 6 children, Clifford, Donald, Ferrel, Florine, Louis and John. Lived in Putnam county then moved to Seneca Co in 1920's. Trying to confirm if Nicholas Sheeley was Peter's Father. Theresa's parents were William and Mary (BALL) Engemann. They had 6 children as well. Theresa, M. Evangeline, Bertha, Emma, Anna, and Mary. Also working on my Mothers's side also in Tiffin, Ohio. My grandparents are Marvin and Marquerite (Scheer) Helkey. Marvin's parents are John J and Monica (Reiger) Helkey and Marquerite's parents are Arthur and Erca (Mitchener) Scheer. Monica's parents are Landolin and Mary (Osterholt) Rieger. I know Monica had one sister Mary Connelly and A brother George. Could be more siblings. Arthur and Erca Scheer had 4 children, Willis, Wilbur, Marguerite and Helen.
- ENGEMANN, KROHE posted by Penny Bonnar on Saturday, September 3, 2005
- Looking for information/descendants of Joseph Edward Krohe and Marie T. Engemann of Tiffin. Joseph was born 9 Apr 1898 and died Aug 1997. Marie, the daughter of Theodore "Charlie" Engemann and Mary Strasser, was born 5 Sep 1896 and died Jan 1973. Theodore and Mary also had a son, Aloysius. The children of Joseph Edward Krohe and Marie T. Engemann were Rosemary Kelley, Joan Sapura and J. Edward Krohe.
- JAMES, RHODES posted by Peggy Edwards on Sunday, September 18, 2005
- Hi, I have a question , perhaps you can answer it , OR direct to someone who may be able to: I am searching for information on my ancestor who appeared on a 1850 census of Seneca County, Venice, Ohio: His name is Benjamin James b: 1802 in Maine, wife Melissa Rhodes b:1808, married somewhere in Ohio June 11, 1825. I am hoping to find out where in Maine Benjamin was born, his parents names, and was he and Melissa married in Seneca County, and what happened to Venice, Ohio? I know it's a lot but I sure do appreaciate whatever you can find out for me.
- DULL, MARTIN posted by Linda Dull on Wednesday, September 21, 2005
- Looking for parents of Mattie Martin b. 16 Mar. 1867, marr. John Henry Dull, d. 31 March 1915. Lived in Seneca co. Ohio most of here life. Possible father ..Robert Martin .
- DRINKWATER, METZGER posted by Janett Calland on Sunday, September 25, 2005
- I would like to find out information about Henry H. Metzger who married Rebecca Drinkwater on 9 June 1842. I want to know if Henry Metzger served in the Civil War and if he did what regiment, company, etc. Thank you.
- MAUER, MITCHELL, MOWER posted by Ronald M. Hahn on Wednesday, September 28, 2005
- Looking for information on Uriah MITCHELL he lived in Washington Twp., Sandusky co. Ohio. He had a son named David Mitchell and at least one more named Harrison Mitchell who I am told was killed in Kentucky during the Civil War. David married a Rebecca MOWER or (MAUER) who's parents lived in Seneca Co. their names are Samuel Maurer (Mower) and Elezabeth Hendricks. Thank you.
- FLAGLER posted by Mimi Tracy on Friday, September 30, 2005
- Looking for information about Rev Isaac Flagler, b @1788 and d @1836. PLEASE, if anyone has information about Isaac, will you write me?
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.