Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for April thru July 2002
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- MILLER, SELNER posted by Cathy Riddle O'Connor on Monday, April 1, 2002
- Looking for information regarding Peter SELNER 1825-1923; married 12 May 1855 in Tiffin, Ohio to Elizabeth Ann MILLER 1835-1919; possibly dau of Simon or Jacob MILLER of PA. Any help to locate the offical record of their marriage would be greatly appreciated. Please email - KAYO MAX B@aol.com. Happy to exchange info on this family.
- FELNER, MILLER, REID, SEITZ, SELNER, ZELNER posted by Cathy Riddle O'Connor on Monday, April 1, 2002
- Looking for informationon the SELNER ZELNER family of Seneca Co, Ohio and especially regarding Peter Wayne SELNER, 1825-1923 & wife Elizabeth Ann MILLER (my gr gr gr grandparents) who married in 1855. In Peter Wayne SELNER's Civil War file, Daniel SEITZ and W L REID of the town of Bloom in Seneca County, Ohio decribed him as "knowing him at least 3 years prior to his enlistment (enlisted 1864) and previous to that as a near neighbor". Peter SELNER and Elizabeth Ann MILLER had the following children by 1865: Catherine b 1856, Amanda Madame b 1857, Leonard b 1859, William Henry b 1860, Crawford Elias b 1862, Mary Isura b 1864 Any information on the SELNER families of Seneca County would be greatly appreciated. I've also found SELNER spelled as ZELNER and even FELNER. Willing to share my information too. Please email KAYO MAX B@aol.com. Thanks.
- BERGER, KUNKEL, SCHMITT, ZIEGLER posted by Regina Marquardt on Friday, April 5, 2002
- Looking for information on the following family: Casper Schmitt and wife Johanna Ana (Ziegler)Schmitt who lived in Tiffin, Seneca Co OH. from 1853 until until 1858 when they moved to Freeport IL. While living in Seneca Co. one son (unknown) died. They were the parents of 5 sons and 3 daughters. Known childrens names are: Mathias, Caroline, Adam, Casper, Martin, Augustine, Anna, Katherine. They were from Bavaria Germany. After leaving Tiffin they moved to Freeport and then to Black Hawk Co. IA. Casper, the son, is said to have returned to Seneca after his 1st. wife died and remained there until 1867 when he moved to Freeport, IL.. I have dates of birth/deaths.
- MYERS, WIRT posted by Debbie Hicks on Sunday, April 14, 2002
- I'm looking for information about Victoria S. Myers possibly born in 1903,lived in Fostoria Ohio before marrying Erwin A Wirt of Fremont Ohio. Any info is greatly appreciated!
- BRANDT, VANMETER posted by Zelma M. Setser on Monday, April 15, 2002
- Does any one know where John Van Meter Jr. and 25 Mohawk families went after they crossed the Mississippi River. I read somewhere where they went to Neosho and Cherokee Counties in Kansas. I can not find this information back. Zelma M. Setser email@example.com
- SMITHSON posted by Janice Brewer on Tuesday, April 16, 2002
- Hello, I am researching the surname of Smithson. Buried at Greenlawn Cemetary, Tiffin, Seneca Co. are Smithson, Alfred died 28 Feb. 1899 22y 7m 15d and Smithson, Jennie died 18 Feb. 1896 21y 5m 8d in row 17 grave 9 and 10. There are no records of their death at the county seat of records. Would someone be able to access any information on obituaries, funeral records etc.? It is believed that they died elswhere. I would greatly appreciate any information. Thank you for your time. Janice L Brewer
- BEAMS, CARNES, CHAMBERLAIN, MILLER, PANCOAST, WARNER posted by Judy Biebesheimer on Tuesday, April 16, 2002
- Abraham Miller and Jane Chamberlain of Hunterdon Co., NJ moved their family from NJ to Seneca Co., OH before moving on to Logan Co., OH. Children were Mary, Henry, Annie, Daniel,John, Frances,Ella and Edward. I have Mary married to William Pancoast, Henry to Sophia?, Annie unmarried with a daughter Annie Belle, Daniel to Ada?, John to Ottilia?, Frances to John Beams of Spencerville, IN, Ella to Henry Carnes,and Edward to Minerva Warner. Love to hear from anyone else
- LANDOLL, MATHIAS, MEYERS, PLENTZ posted by Kay Black on Wednesday, April 24, 2002
- Looking for LANDOLL and MATHIAS in Seneca County. Charles(Carl Vitus)LANDOLL b. 12/18/1885 d. 06/1963 married Margaret E. MATHIAS b.1887 d. 04/12/1961. Charles' parents were Frank LANDOLL (1853-1927) and Elizabeth MEYERS (1854-1912. Elizabeths parents were John MEYERS and Margeretha PLENTZ. Looking for any info. Thanks.
- MCCARDLE posted by C. W. Treanor on Monday, May 6, 2002
- Researching Victoria McArdle, born in 1837 in Seneca.Any information would be helpful. If we have correct information, Father and or Mother moved (with Victoria) to California and Washington State. Siblings unknown--may have had brother Lucia(e)n, ---both spellings appear in Seneca Ohio and Jefferson Co., Washington. Thank you.
- AICHELBERGER, ECHELBARGER, WARNER posted by M. Stokes on Tuesday, May 7, 2002
- ECHELBARGER,Christian, immigrant from Germany. Surname may be spelled Aichelberger, Eichelbarger, etc. Pre 1842 migrated to Wood County, Ohio. Four children also immigrants, William, Henry, John and Elizabeth. Wife, Barbara Warner Echelbarger.
- BAKER, KISTLER posted by Gretchen Johnson on Tuesday, May 21, 2002
- Could someone tell me where the Lay Cemetery is in Clyde Ohio, and if there is an index available for it? I am looking for information on Harrison Baker who died in 1940, and his wife Sarah who died in 1933. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Gretchen
- BEELMAN posted by Jenny Vermillion on Friday, May 31, 2002
- Seeking information on Jacob BEELMAN of Bloomville, Bloom Tep., Seneca Co during the 1870's & 80's and H.H. BEELMAN of same said town, twp., co. listed as member of the IOOF in 1877. Thanks!~ God Bless!~
- HAHN, LEMMER posted by Bonnie Selig on Friday, June 21, 2002
- ANTHONY HAHN, b. about mid 1840 in Germany married and had at least one child in Tiffen, Ohio. Child was Louisa A. Hahn, born March 20, 1868. Seeking any information on the family. Louisa married a Charles Lemmer, and was living in Chicago at the time of her death in 1926.
- DOLL, FINKENBINDER posted by Carol E. Doll on Sunday, June 23, 2002
- My grandfather, Alfred H. Doll married Sadie Finkenbinder on 18 Jan 1898
- BOOLY posted by Linda Saunders on Thursday, June 27, 2002
- looking for info on leander george, born feb. 7, 1852 in seneca, ohio married to martha booly sept.,1872 father, maybe issac? thanks, linda
- SPRAGUE posted by Mary Arnold on Sunday, June 30, 2002
- Interested in origins of Willard, Francis and Ezra SPRAGUE, described as brothers in _History of Seneca County (Ohio)_ by William Lang. Also shown in 1830 Seneca Co. census.
- ERFURT, KOLB, KUHLMAN posted by John Culp on Monday, July 1, 2002
- Seeking information on the following, who lived in Seneca County, circa 1845. Francis KOLB married Elizabeth ERFURT 4 August 1843 in Seneca Co. They had one child, Mary, who was likely born in Seneca Co., in 1844. Nicholas KOLB, who is likely a brother of Francis, was married to Maria KUHLMAN and had 2 children; Magdalena and Jacob, while living in Tiffin, 1844 and 1845. Both families moved to Allen County, Ohio in the late 1840ís. They may have arrived in Seneca Co. in the late 1830ís. Any information would be much appreciated.
- CHAPLIN, LEWIS posted by Marty Holt on Monday, July 8, 2002
- William R. Chaplin, b. Tiffin, Seneca, OH @1840, d. 20 Dec 1886 in Louisburg, Miami, KS. Civil war pension record shows age 21 in April 1861 upon enlistment. He was raised in IL by an Aunt and Uncle, David and Eleanor Thomas near Galesburg, Knox, IL. Married Susan Elizabeth Lewis b. 12 Oct 1841, Berwick, Warren, IL, d. 28 Sept 1905, Louisburg, Miami, KS. William is believed to be 1/2 Indian. I don't know what happened to his parents, if they lived in Tiffin or just passing thru. Any help would be appreciated. THANX
- BOWERMAN posted by Richard Bowerman on Tuesday, July 9, 2002
- Bowerman Family Looking for information on any Bowerman living in Seneca Co. from 1830 to present time.
- MCKEOWEN, WHITEMAN posted by Dan Whiteman on Wednesday, July 10, 2002
- I am researching the Whiteman and McEowen family lines, and believe that they were early pioneer families in Seneca County. The line that I am most interested in at this time is that of George McEowen. Any infomration would be appreciated.
- WHITEMAN posted by Dan Whiteman on Sunday, July 21, 2002
- It seems that a large number of those who settled Seneca County moved to the area from Berks and Columbia County Pennsylvania after the Revolutionary War in the early 1800's. This is the case for many members of my family, the Whiteman's, as well as many others that I see information on in both locations. Does anyone have a reason for this to have occurred?
- DISINGER, DYSINGER, RANK, STOWELL posted by Matthew H. Stowell on Thursday, July 25, 2002
- Looking for information on the Thomas Dysinger or Disinger families. In addition looking for information on a Sophia Rank.
- posted by Dena Kurtz on Thursday, July 25, 2002
- Hello, What township would Adrian be in? My grandparents lived near there in Feb 1930. Thank you very much.
- MALONEY, STARK posted by Mary Stark on Tuesday, July 30, 2002
- Looking for any info on the Franklin S. Stark family. Married Martha Maloney in Fostoria Ohio in Jan 1857 Children William need to know about him he was 12 in 1870 census not with family in 1880 census. also a daughter Clara she was 10 in 70 census not in 1880 census. Other children Samuel,Thomas,Frank,Annie abbie, Taken fron 1870 census of Seneca County Are there any school records of that time period?? Will be happy to pay for any copies of anything found
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.