Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for April thru June 1999
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BRIGGS, MCCURDY, SCHWARTZ, WALKER posted by Becky MacDonald on Tuesday, April 6, 1999
- Researching the family of George Washington WALKER and Mary BRIGGS.They resided in the Tiffn area in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Mary Briggs had a half-brother William McCurdy. Mary worked at the St Frances Orphanage.Their son Robert married Mary Frances Schwartz
- BECKMAN, FRUTH, KERNS, KIRNS, SCHLEMMER, SEIGCHRIST, WEBER posted by Mary Fern (Vanpool) Souder on Thursday, April 8, 1999
- Jacob "Frederick" Souder, b. 1789, d. 1863, md. 1st Catherine WEBER in Wurtemburg, Germany. Both were born there. Their seven children were Christian, Frederick, Louisa, Gottfrit, Charles (md. Catherine KERNS in Seneca County), John (md. Louisa SCHLEMMER), and Louis (md. Christiana SEIGCHRIST) Souder. Jacob "Frederick" Souder md 2nd. Agatha KIRNS/KERNS (1797-1862, in Germany or on the ship coming over. She had been previously married, and had three children (names not known), and together they had two sons, George Frederick (md. Sybilla M. FRUTH) and Adam (md. Mary BECKMAN) Souder. Frederick and Agatha immigrated directly to Fairfield County, Ohio, in 1837-38, with his seven and her three children by their previous marriages. Their two sons were born there. They moved to Seneca County about 1847. They are buried in the St. John United Church of Christ Cemetery in Loudon Township, Seneca County, Ohio. Thanks for any help you can give concerning any of these families.
- MCCRACKEN, SPICER posted by Phyllis Gillaspie on Friday, April 9, 1999
- I'm looking for any information on any Spicer lines that lived in Seneca Co, Ohio. I'm related to William Spicer, Jr., an Indian captive, who spent almost his entire life in Seneca co, Ohio. Also seeking information on a Jacob Spicer, who had a patent for military land and it was transferred to a Joseph McCracken ca. 1804.Please contact me at Gramphyl@aol.com
- MUELLER, WOLF posted by Marj Keehr on Friday, April 9, 1999
- seeking birth of Franziska Mueller, Seneca Co. 6 July 1853 Pleasant Twp.
- HEYMAN, MAUER, MAURER, MOWRY posted by Tina Hursh on Monday, April 19, 1999
- am looking for any information on the family of Frederick and Wilhelmina (HEYMAN) MAURER. Frederick was born 1852 either in Switzerland and died 1906 in OH (probably Seneca Co). Minnie was born 1860 in either Switzerland or Germany and died in 1910 (probably in Seneca Co, OH). They married 1878 in Monroeville, Huron Co, OH. Fred and Minnie had 8 known children: Mary, Emma, Amanda, Samuel (my lne), Frank, William, Lula, and Mildred, and lived in the Bloomville, Seneca Co area. Maurer could also be spelled MAUER or MOWRY. Any help or info on the family would be greatly appreciated. Tina Hursh firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEYMAN, MAURER, NEST, WEST posted by Tina Hursh on Monday, April 19, 1999
- In the 1900 census for Seneca Co, Emma MAURER, daughter of Frederick & Minnie (HEYMAN) MAURER is listed living with her parents with a daughter by the name of Naomi WEST/NEST, but I haven't been able to find a marriage yet. Emma was born in 1880 and her daugher was born in 1894. Is Naomi's last name WEST or NEST? Who is the father? Did Emma ever marry Naomi's father? Any help or info on the family would be greatly appreciated. Tina Hursh email@example.com
- HEYMAN, MAUER, MAURER, MOWRY posted by Tina Hursh on Monday, April 19, 1999
- I am looking for any information on the family of Samuel (b. abt 1814) and Elizabeth (b. abt 1813) MAURER. i found the first mention of the family in Germans to America. Samuel and his family arrived in New York 26 May 1854 on the ship Wm. Layton. According the passenger lists Samuel came over with his wife and the following children: Melchior (b. abt 1829), Marie (b. abt. 1843), Johan (b. abt. 1845), Jacob (b. abt 1847), Samuel (b. abt 1850), Friedrich (b. 21 March 1852), and Rudolph (b. 1854). The family came from Switzerland and settled in Seneca Co., OH. I am descended from Frederich and his wife Minnie HEYMAN. They are my ggg-grandparents. Fred and his family lived in the Bloomville, Seneca County, OH area. What happended Samuel, Elizabeth and their other children? I would love to hear from anyone also researching this family. I am willing to share what info I have on Fred's line (I don't have anything on Fred's siblings yet). MAURER could have also been spelled MAUER or MOWRY. Thanks, Tina Hursh firstname.lastname@example.org
- EMERY, SPRAGUE posted by Julie Sprague Fedde on Monday, April 19, 1999
- GEORGE SPRAGUE, MD m: Jeanette Payton Emery 1844; Lived in Fifin, Seneca, OH abt 1853 - 1859. CHILDREN BORN IN TIFFIN: Edwin G sprague 1853; Frederick 1856; Mary Cordelia "Cora" 1858. Would appreciate any information on my family!
- COWDREY, FEASEL, HARMAN, MYERS posted by Tim Abel on Thursday, April 22, 1999
- I am researching these family surnames in Seneca County. Please e-mail me for more info.
- DEASON, SIEGRIST, SMITH posted by William Lippert on Tuesday, April 27, 1999
- I am trying to find any of Pauline (Siegrist) & Ralph Smith's descendents,They had several Children, among them Betty who married Virgil Deason, and also sons, Ralph, Wendell,James, Joallen & Donald Pauline is my aunt and would appreciate any information on any of this family! Pauline was the sister of my Father (Paul J. Lippert Thank You ! Bill Lippert Joplinrags@aol.com
- MILLER, SHANNON posted by Herbert G. Vore on Friday, April 30, 1999
- Looking for anything I can find on Jesse Miller who died in Seneca Co. on 1 Oct 1880. Also for his wife Mary Ellen Shannon Miller, who died on 22 Jan 1913.
- ENGLE, FISHER, HUNTER, LEONARD posted by Craig Fisher on Thursday, May 6, 1999
- I looking for information on the decendents of Benjamin and Eliza Leonard, who lived a number of years in Fostoria, Ohio. Their daughter Jennie Fisher(b.May 17 1853) is my Paternal GGrandmother. Her broth. & sisters were: Mrs J.R. Engle of Industry, PA, C.C. Leonard of Fostoria, Rev. A.B. Leonard (Port Huron?)
- GEIGER posted by Joe David Bellamy on Sunday, May 16, 1999
- Searching for information on Margaret (or Margret) Geiger (b. abt 1820), wife of Jacob Henry Zutavern in Bloom Township. Henry and Margaret had eleven children, including Conrad Zutavern, b. 1848, Jacob Zutavern, b. 1855, and Paul Zutavern, b. 1859. Two Geigers purchased land in Bloom Township, Seneca Co. in 1834 or 1835. They were Henry Geiger and Jacob Geiger, from Carrol Co., OH. These Geigers may have been related to Margaret Geiger. Thanks for any help.
- EASTMAN, HALE posted by JD Howard on Monday, May 17, 1999
- Looking for David W. Eastman born in Tiffin possibly circa 1840. He married Marion Hale who was from Kalamazoo MI, she died in 1929 in Trinidad, CO Thanks, JD Howard--Roswell, NM
- NIESS, WINTER, WINTERS posted by Rachelle Winters Ibrahim on Tuesday, May 18, 1999
- I am looking for information on the Winter(s) or Neiss (Niess, Nice, Nies) families that came to Seneka County, Ohio between 1846 and early 1848. Mathias (Nathan) Winter and Wife Mary Eva Neiss and brother-in-law Joseph came from Bas-Rhin, Alsace. Family history says Mathias came with two of his brothers. I would like to find out who his two brothers were and any information on the families of his brothers.
- BEAN, BIEN posted by Caral Mechling Bennett on Sunday, May 23, 1999
- Seeking exchange on family of Peter BIEN/ BEAN 1798 PA-18?? OH; mar. prob. in Perry Co ca 1820 to Mary, who prob. died bef. 1850; Peter sold his Perry Co land in 1836, moving to Liberty twp, Seneca Co OH, where hw was residing on 1850 census. Children: Samuel b. ca 1820; Emanuel b. ca 1825; George b. ca 1827; Soloman b. ca 1829; Osa b ca 1833; Andrew b. ca 1836; Paul b. ca 1837. Did this family remain in Seneca Co? I am related through a sister of Peter.
- BRETZ, CULVER, DAUGHERTY, ESTEP, FISHER, HARRIS, HIGH, KRILLY, PLANTS, SHAFFNER posted by Lori Fox on Wednesday, May 26, 1999
- I am researching John and Elizabeth (FISHER) ESTEP family. They came from the Baltimore, Maryland area to Seneca Co. with 11 children: Nancy (born 1809) who married John KRILLY; Elisabeth (born 1810) mar. Jacob PLANTS; John (born 1812) mar. Mary Ann DAUGHERTY; Zachariah (born 1814) mar. Louisa HARRIS; Joseph (born 1815); Susannah (born 1818) mar. Jacob HIGH; Joshua (born 1820) mar. Elizabeth BRETZ; Catharine (born 1822) mar. Jacob HIGH; Jacob Emmet (born 1823) mar. Matilda Jane CULVER; *William (born 1825) mar. Rebecca SHAFFNER; Eleanor (born 1827) mar. George CULVER.
- ASH, WARNER posted by Susan Tate on Sunday, May 30, 1999
- I'm looking for the ASH and WARNER families. Caroline Ash taught English at Heidelburg probably in the 1870's or'80's. She married Corridan/Corydan Warner who we believe was wounded at Gettysburg. He was around the age of 15 at Gettysburg. He had a brother Edmund Warner. Thanks.
- BEARS posted by Sherry Shafer on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- Looking for information on William and Eshter Bears who had lived in Jackson Co Ohio then moved to Seneca Co Ohio sometime after 1825. Sherry
- KOCH posted by Terry Smith on Sunday, June 6, 1999
- Does anyone live in Green Springs? I am looking for information from a 1963 obituary which references Mary Koch as living in Green Springs. She was a widow, husband Ferdinand E. Koch who died in Toledo in about 1920. I think she eventually moved back to Canada where she was born but would like to find if anyone has any other information about her.
- MADISON, PERDUE posted by Nancy Plowman on Tuesday, June 8, 1999
- PERDUE-PERDEW-PURDUE Philip PERDUE b. 1805 PA married Amy MADISON b. 1813 RI. They lived in Seneca ,Crawford and Wyandot counties, Ohio. Theyhad the following chiildren Emily,Mary A.,Nancy J.,Horace A.,Hester B.,Jackson Rufus Homer,David,Valentine, Wellington. Any info on this family PLEASE
- ELARTON, NEASE posted by Elizabeth Mowry on Thursday, June 10, 1999
- Looking for my great grands parents. John C. Nease and Jennie Elarton. Date of marriaage, October 24, 1867. John lived and worked in Seneca County (Adrian) Ohio.
- BAINER, BOEGEN, BULLINGER, ZINK posted by Lynn Besch on Friday, June 11, 1999
- I am interested in the Jacob and M. Eva [Bullinger] Bainer family of Tiffin Ohio. They were pioneer settlers in the 1840's. Jacob died in 1849 and Eva in 1878.
- CLAY, GINGERY posted by Doris Stone on Monday, June 21, 1999
- CLAY, Elizabeth Seeking information on the ancestry of Elizabeth Clay b @1825, Pa., m 1842 in Seneca Co., to Daniel Gingery. Later moved to Defiance Co. Daniel died in the Civil War and Elizabeth remarried a Mr. Kundert. However, she is buried in Defiance Co. as Elizabeth Gingery. Cannot connect her to the Clay families that were in Seneca Co. in the 1840 era. Any help will be appreciated.
- MEEKER posted by Kent W. Yantiss on Saturday, June 26, 1999
- Seeking information on Amos and Jacob Meeker. They supposedly lived and died in Seneca County, Ohio around 1830. Amos is the father of Jacob. Anyone with information on these two please email me.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.