Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for July thru November 1999
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- HOYT, PITTENGER, RUDGERS, SCHUYLER, TURNER posted by Nancy Morefield on Saturday, July 3, 1999
- Searching for the John Brognard SCHUYLER family. John his wife, Elizabeth TURNER, and some of their children came to Seneca County around early 1830's. John & Elizabeth are buried in Attica Cemetery, along with three of their daughter-in-laws, Nancy RUDGERS, Hannah "Ann" Elizabeth HOYT, and Rosetta PITTENGER.
- BRENNER, MOOG, RIDINGER posted by Theresa Janczak on Wednesday, July 7, 1999
- Would like to receive any information on the Brenner name in Seneca Co. around mid 1800. Not sure how long there or when they arrived there. Also, Moog name there about late 1800. I am also seeking any information on a Mary Ridinger possibly from Seneca Co.-need parents, family, dates-anything would be appreciated. Thanks.
- HOLMES, MUSSELMAN, SWARTZ posted by Rose Weinbrecht on Monday, July 12, 1999
- Looking for Mary Anne Swartz born 1880. Mary Anne had a brother Irvin. Her mothers maiden name was Musselman. Mary Ann Married Albert Holmes in Crawford County in 1898.
- SORG posted by Rick Sorg on Monday, July 19, 1999
- My g-grandfather was Christian Sorg (b. 26 Jan. 1857) who emmigrated from Hochen/Hocken/Hachen, Germany with his wife Catharine Glasser/Glosser (b. 13 Nov. 1857, d. 26 April 1909 in Fostoria) Sorg in November and December of 1880. They sailed from le Havre, France with their 8 month old infant Otto A. Sorg and disembarked at the Port of New York on 3 Dec. 1880, eventually settling in Fostoria, Ohio and later Fremont, Ohio. Please contact me with any additional info regarding this family if anyone is even remotely familiar with the Sorg line. Thanks a lot. Regards - Rick Sorg
- BESLER, GILSINGER, NIES, WINTER posted by Rachelle Ibrahim on Friday, July 23, 1999
- I am looking for information on Mathias Winter bn 24 Mar 1819 in Germany. He married Mary Eva Nies of Siegen, Bas-Rhin Alsace. They had 2 children, Lewis and Mathias before imigrating to Seneca Co. Ohio in 1846-47 with other families including the Gilsingers, Beslers and Nies. In the 1850's they emigrated to Pulaski Co. Indiana. Any information on any of these families would be appreciated. They Were German Catholics.
- GROFF posted by Vincent E. Falter on Thursday, August 5, 1999
- Seeking info on George GROFF b: 26 Aug 1833, allegedly in Alsace; d: 26 Oct 1906 in Franks, Thompson Twp. Seneca County, Ohio. Can anyone do a look-up on his obituary for me? I am particularly looking for the town of his birth in Alsace, name of wife, names of surviving children.
- DICKEN, DICKENS, EATON posted by Robert Fowler on Thursday, September 9, 1999
- Need information of Nathan P. Dicken and Salinda Eaton. Nathan had a farm outside of Fostoria. I believe they moved to Seneca County about 1832 along with a couple of Nathans brothers. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Bob Fowler
- IRELAND, NEWTON posted by Joyce Newton on Tuesday, October 12, 1999
- Searching for info on these families who resided in Eden Twp. Both families migrated from Massachusetts, exact place and dates unknown. Augustus (Gus) J. Newton married Marie Ireland in 1849. He was a shoemaker, and his father could have been John. Marie's father, Wm, was a cooper. Gus and Marie moved to MI. Wm & Lydia (Stillson) IRELAND, and John NEWTON did not. Looking for birthplaces in Mass, death dates and places. Biographies, cemeteries of internment, obituaries, additional children, etc. We appreciate all assistance.
- WOODRUFF posted by Rose M. Woodruff on Thursday, October 14, 1999
- I am looking for information on the John Woodruff family He married Catherine stutts and they had Henry b. 1856, Ella b. 1848 John b.1853,Enoch b.1855,Ezra b.1857, Susanna b.1858, Jacob b.1859. they apparently live in the Fostoria and Risinsun area Any can you please help.
- LOW, LOWE, NOE posted by Sallie Anderson on Thursday, October 14, 1999
- I have been given a family photo album and the pics in it seem to have been taken by an AB LOW Photographer, Attica, Ohio. Lowe is my family but want to find out about this photographer since there were many versions of our name....mostly KY relations. Thank you for any help!!
- ALBEE, DUNHAM posted by Thomas Dement on Thursday, October 14, 1999
- Seeking info on JOSEPH ALBEE. Listed in Tax Roll of 1826 in Scipio (Township?). Daughters Laura Amanda (married Jonathan Dunham) and Maria. Possibly others.
- FLOWERS, JOHNSON posted by Denise Johnson on Saturday, October 23, 1999
- JOHNSON/FLOWERS: would like to share information on the family of Thompson and Catherine Flowers Johnson.
- HENRY, YENCER posted by Margie Jarvis on Friday, October 29, 1999
- I am searching for information on Frank YENCER b. 29Jun1880 in Wyndot Co. son of Charles H. YENCER and Cecilia Elizabeth HENRY. Charles is the son of Samuel and Elen (?) YENCER. We need information on siblings, birth, death, and marriage dates. Any help you can give us on this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
- BRYERS, FULLER, MYERS posted by Pat (Myers) Livingstone on Sunday, October 31, 1999
- I am searching for information on a man named Frank Ellsworth Myers, Born in Tiffin Ohio on sept 9th 1861. He is my great grandfather, and I would like to know who his parents were and where they came from.
- CLARK, GREENAWALT, MOORE, SHRIDER, STOMBAUGH posted by Debbie Williams on Monday, November 1, 1999
- Looking for decendants of Catherine Stombaugh, born in Seneca County, August 25, 1838. She was wife of Daniel Shrider. I am interested in finding her parents names and have had no luck. Please reply if you have any clues.
- MOREO, MORIO posted by Phil Verhoff on Tuesday, November 2, 1999
- Anyone interested in the Moreo/Morio family that settled in New Riegel, Big Spring Twp, Seneca County ohio in 1846? They were from the small village called Hauenstein, Rheinland-Pfalz Bavaria (Germany). Phil Verhoff Laurel Maryland
- HASSINGER posted by Angie Hoptry on Wednesday, November 3, 1999
- Any information on the surname Hassinger
- BIBLER, BISHOP, SMITH posted by Jo Ann Brauneller on Saturday, November 6, 1999
- Looking for Smith name. Isaac SMITH 1813-1869 married 1832 Mary BISHOP 1816-1886, Henry Smith 1845-1907 married 1874 Eliza Adelia Bibler 1856- 1936. Came from Franklin Co. to Seneca Co. to Hancock Co. Ohio. Thank you Jo Ann
- FETRO, HILL, LAUTABUR, MANSFIELD, MOON, SMOTHERS posted by Judy Thom Johnson on Saturday, November 6, 1999
- I am researching Fetro, Lautabur, Smothers, Hill, Moon and Mansfield in Seneca County from Bascom and Fostoria areas.
- DONNELL posted by Robert Burke on Sunday, November 7, 1999
- My GGrandmother Nancy Donnell was born in Seneca Co 12 Feb 1823. Anyone have any information about her or her parents? Thank you.
- HUNTER posted by Dean Hunter on Friday, November 12, 1999
- Looking for information on William David Hunter, born around 1875 in Tiffin, OH. Know that he had a brother, Harvey Hunter, who graduated from Heidelberg College, and later became a doctor. Understand that there is a Hunter-Bacon House in Tiffin. Would like any information you have.
- ANDERER posted by James Minnery on Saturday, November 13, 1999
- I am looking for information on my grandmother's family. The surname was Anderer She lived in Seneca county early in this century.
- SHRIDER, STOMBAUGH posted by Debbie Williams on Wednesday, November 17, 1999
- I am looking for any information regarding Catherine Stombaugh who was born to the best of my knowledge 8/25/1836 or 1838. She was married to Daniel Shrider and later moved to Allen County, Ohio. I was told she was 1/2 German and 1/2 Native American. If you know anything regarding Catherine, please advise. Thank you so much!
- JOHNSON, ROBERTS, WARD posted by Mary Kay Cole Ward on Friday, November 26, 1999
- Subject: Mary A.(unk) b 1812 OH m 1st abt 1832 OH (unk) JOHNSON; m 2nd abt 1844 (unk) ROBERTS I'm searching in Seneca county, OH for connections to my ancestors because the boundary lines were changed in early days. I'm trying to find parents, date of death, etc. for Mary (maiden name unknown) JOHNSON ROBERTS b. abt 1812 OH, my husbands ggggrandmother. She married 1st abt 1832 (unk) JOHNSON who was probably born around 1812 and they had 3 JOHNSON children, John b 1833, Susan b 1838 and Allen b 1842. When my Mary A. (unk) JOHNSON married 2nd in 1844 to (unk) ROBERTS b prob abt 1812 she already had those 3 JOHNSON children (John, Susan and Allen). In 1845 she had another baby she named Mary ROBERTS and in 1847 she had another baby she named Francis Emily ROBERTS. By the time of the 1850 Crawford twp, Wyandot Co., Ohio census my Mary A. ROBERTS was alone again- now with 5 children!. The last name for the three oldest children on the census is JOHNSON (John 17, Susan 13 and Allen 11) and Mary ROBERTS age 5 and Fanny E. ROBERTS age 3. Francis (Fanny) Emily ROBERTS b 1847 in Crawford twp, Wyandot co, OH grew up to marry in 1861 in Hancock Co, Oh Mahlon James WARD b 1832 in Hancock co, Ohio the son of Mr. Ward born in the early 1800's in England. Please write with info or connections. Gratefully, Mary Kay Ward, 1432 Yeardley Dr., Richmond, VA 23225-2906 Ph: 804-232-9338.
- BEEMAN, ROCKWELL posted by Gail Howell on Friday, November 26, 1999
- I am searching for information and descendants of Roswell Rockwell who is listed in the 1840 Census for Seneca County, Bloom Twp. Also am searching for a record of my grgr grandmother Mary (Rockwell) Beeman and her death in approx 1885. I cannot locate a death record for her. Please e-mail me at TheArbella@aol.com as that is the address I use usually for genealogy.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.