Seneca County, OH , Posted Queries for
Seneca County, OH
Posted Queries for August thru November 2001
SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- BAKER posted by Clare Bedsaul on Tuesday, August 7, 2001
- I am trying to trace my maternal grandmother's family. Her father was Richard Thomas Baker born in Seneca County in 1827 and died during the Civil War in Arkansas. I would like to find out his parentage.
- BRUCKER, SCHLECHT posted by Bob Wallace on Tuesday, August 14, 2001
- I am looking for information about the BRUCKER family. Celestin BRUCKER came to Seneca County in 1836. He had seven children--I only have the names of three, Kaspar, Sylvester, and Mary. Kaspar BRUCKER, my great- great grandfather, married Mary SCHLECHT 0n 10/20/1850 at New Reigel.
- CHAMBERLAIN posted by Judith Lamb Tomlinson on Thursday, August 16, 2001
- I am searching for location of grave of my 4th great grandparents: HENRY AND FRANCES CHAMBERLAIN. In the 1800's they lived in Republic, Seneca Co., Oh. Help much appreciated. Thank you.
- HALL posted by Sandy Hayne on Saturday, August 18, 2001
- Looking for information on Absalom Hall. Also, looking for information on John Hines Hall, born 10/1863.
- AMBROSE, HARRIS, SHULTZ posted by Jon Shultz on Sunday, August 26, 2001
- Need information on Harris AMBROSE Or Ambrose HARRIS who married Susannah Shultz in Seneca County Ohio---November 16, 1867
- KAHLER, KERSCHNER, SWANDER, WEST posted by Sandy Metzung on Monday, August 27, 2001
- Looking for info on Myrtle May West b.5/23/1893 d. 5/5/1921 in Tiffin, Ohio. Married 1913 to Frederick Otto Swander. Had siblings by the names of Marie(Kahler),Ed, Grace (Kerschner)Don & Hazel She was my ggrandmother. It's my understanding they were born in or around Tiffin. Can not find anything about the West Family--Swander family has lots of into on it. Any info would be appreciated.
- BRENNEMAN, SELLERS posted by Angie on Thursday, August 30, 2001
- I am looking for any information on Reuben Sellers and and Annie (could also be Addline)Brenneman. They were married in October 1876 in Seneca County, Ohio.
- FALTER posted by Keith Falter on Saturday, September 1, 2001
- John Fredrick Falter
- COLLET, FOX posted by Charlene on Thursday, September 6, 2001
- Looking for information on Nicholas Collet and John S. Fox.
- BARGER, BOLICH, BOLIG, BORGER, BOYER, BURGER, EBERHARD, EVERHARD posted by Louise A. Bullinger on Thursday, September 6, 2001
- Seeking information on who the real father of Thomas F. Bolig is. Thomas born July 3l, l87l Snyder Co., Pa. Died Seneca Co., Ohio Dec. 30, l946. Death certificate lists father as Henry Bolig. Seneca Co.,History Review states father Amos. Mother was Mary Hummel, who never married to whomever the real father is. Thomas declared to be a Bolig-- may be connections to the Boligs of Hancock Co-- who moved to Kansas. Seeking informaton on pioneer Johan and Sarah Boyer Burger of Seneca Co., Ohio. Johan's death record of Fireside Cemetery states was the son of George and Anna Elizabeth of Allentown, Union Co., Pa. Who is this George? Might be error in where this Allentown is-? Johan born November 7, l792 in Union Co., Pa. and died Feb. ll, l859 Seneca Co., Ohio. Served in War of l8l2 York Co., Pa. Wife Sarah Boyer, daughter of John Philip Boyer of Snyder Co., Pa. Burger family intermarried into Eberhard family of Seneca Co., Oh. Any assistence greatly appreciated. Louise
- POOLE posted by Bob Nagy on Sunday, September 16, 2001
- My great grandfather, John Poole, was born in Attica, Oh in 1872. His parents wre John and , I believe elizabeth Poole. I need to get his birth record. How do I do that?
- BURKETT, BURKHART, RUMBAUGH, SEBREL, SEBRELL, SIBBRELL, SIBREL, SIBRELL posted by Robert Thomas on Tuesday, September 25, 2001
- Hi There, My family side in Seneca County plus part of Ross Co., and Sandusky Co., too all of family genealogy I love these history and please help me this of Family thank Sibrel/Sibrell/Sebrel/Sebrell Burkett/Burkhart some more Help okay
- STEINBAUGH posted by Kim Waller on Tuesday, October 2, 2001
- I currently have the 1870 Seneca County Federal Census on rental from the National Archives, but much of it is very difficult to read. Does anyone have the 1870 index for Seneca Co? I am looking for the family of John Stinebaugh (steinbaugh). In the 1880 census they are in Scipio Township. Thank you.
- DAILEY, DALY, HUMBERD posted by Dale Dailey on Thursday, October 4, 2001
- Looking for information on William Dailey (born 1802) who settled in Seneca County in the 1820's. He later moved his family to Allen County, Ohio. I believe he married a Saraah Humberd.
- GEIGER posted by Richard Sale on Wednesday, October 17, 2001
- The Land Patent Records list four consecutive documents issued on Oct 8, 1834 in Bucyrus. Two are for Henry Geiger and two are for Jacob Geiger. The 1874 map of Bloom Township shows the property of Henry Geiger just east of Bloomville. Information on Bloom Twp. officials shows Henry Geiger as trustee and Jacob Geiger as clerk for several of the years between 1859 and 1870. I would appreciate any information on the ancestry and descentants of these two individuals and any other Geigers in Bloom Twp., Seneca Co., OH. Richard Sale firstname.lastname@example.org
- WIDEGREN posted by Nancy Benson on Saturday, October 20, 2001
- Tiffin City Directories. Does anyone have access to Tiffin City Directories for 1906-1913. I am searching for a relative who reportedly came from Sweden in 1906 to Tiffin and again and permanently in 1912. Any listings for Arthur WIDEGREN or other Widegrens would be appreciated. I am in Washington,D.C. so unable to avail myself of your library. Nancy Benson
- CONSALY, GIBBONS, GIBINS, GREEN, KARNS, KETCHEM, MILLS, SHULTZ, STACKHOUSE, STUTTS, WOODRUFF posted by Rose Capell on Wednesday, October 24, 2001
- Seeking information on Christain GIBBONS or Rebecca WOODRUFF and any decendents, Christain and Catherine married in Seneca Co.June 30,1850.
- BETTS, BOYER posted by Charles Putt on Sunday, October 28, 2001
- Seeking parents of John Betts, founder of Bettsville. Married Barbara Boyer.
- BRUNER, SHRAMER, SHRAUNER posted by Bonnie Miller on Thursday, November 1, 2001
- Can someone please tell me where the town of Reed was located and is it still there? My Great Great Grandfather, William Bruner raised his family there and my Great grandparents Frank S. Shrauner (misspelled 'Shramer' in the marriage records) and Mary Catherine Bruner were married in Tiffin Dec. 2,1875. What other towns were around these parts in 1850-1875? Thank you very much for any info. Bonnie
- EBERSOLE, GREEN, SHUBERT, SNIVELY posted by Vicki Todd on Sunday, November 4, 2001
- SNIVELY,EBERSOLE,SHUBERT & GREEN, I am looking for info on Nettie Shubert b.2/1870,her mother's maiden name was Green and she married a Shubert. Nettie is found a 5 mos. old living with William and Elizabeth Ebersole Green,she is still shown on the census report in 1880 as living with the Greens who were then in their 70's.Nettie was married to William Franklin Snively,the family moved to Maryland early 1900's. Any help finding out who Netties parent's were would be greatly appreciated. Vicki
- MOYER, THOMPSON, ZEITER posted by Judy Moyer on Sunday, November 4, 2001
- trying to trace my husband's family tree: son of Carl Moyer and Ida Zeiter whose mother was a Thompson
- BAKER, BELLARD, KREIDER, LANDIS, MOOK, MOYER, ROYER, STEINBERGER, VOGT posted by Patricia Maher on Wednesday, November 7, 2001
- Am researching my ancestors, who came to Seneca County, Ohio; from Dauphin and Landcaster Counties, Pennsylvania.
- MUELLER posted by Dana Waterman on Thursday, November 8, 2001
- Seeking information on antecedents of my grandmother Anna Sarah Mueller, b 7.2.1874 in Fostoria Ohio. She played and taught piano, was presumed to have studied at Oberlin but left no record of same.
- SCHARFER, WARD posted by A. Ward on Wednesday, November 14, 2001
- Ward-Scharfer marriage.From www.familysearch.org: Tilghman WARD married Maria SCHARFER,16 Jan 1870 Seneca, Ohio Is the above Tilghman Ward the same as: Tilghman Ward, son of Abraham and Sabina Ward, Northampton County, PA. Tilghman,b. 21 Nov 1847 Plainfield Twp., Northampton County, PA. and in 1897, resided in Tiffin,Ohio? He was reported as still residing in Tiffin in 1929. Information is from "Jacobsburg, A Pennsyvlania Community and Its People." by Charles M. Sandwick (1985)?
- WIDEGREN posted by Nancy Benson on Friday, November 30, 2001
- Somewhere between 1920 and 1925 one of my ancestors (Syster Widegren) was institutionalized and later died. She came from Sweden and was married and lived in Tiffin. What would have been the closest institution to Tiffin and how can they be contacted if they are still in existence?
- BAUER, BINNINGER, BUCHMAN, BURKY, KNIERIEMEN, ROCKEY, SCHAAL, SHADE, STORMER posted by Cindy S. on Friday, November 30, 2001
- I am not related, but I have an old postcard addressed to Miss Lodena Knieriemen, Carrothers, OH, and also calling cards with the Knieriemen names: Miss E. M., Laurinda, Peter A., Elizabeth L., and Henry O. Other calling card names that came with these are: William E. Shade, Lizzie Shade, Mary Schneider, Emma Bauer, Emma M. Buchman, Ida M. Hanes, Franklin A. Foster, John Richard, David Rockey, Charley Rockey, Anna Stormer, Louisa Zoller, E. D. Schall, Rosetta S. Burky, Mary S. Burky, Lizzie Burky, Emma Burkly, Christ Binninger, Mary S. Binerle, Anna B. Schoepfle, and Lucy M. Sheerer.
For questions about this page contact Alice Allen at email@example.com.
Query, Surname, and Researcher pages managed by CCHelper, an application written by Patty Lindsay.