Membership Benefits and Fees
The Hutt Valley Branch has two membership types:
||Cost Per Year
* Joint / Household membership is for family members residing at the same address
|Joint / Household*
- A monthly newsletter sent by e-mail (preferred) or posted to those without an
- Entry to monthly meetings,
and Branch research days
- Assistance in solving research challenges or getting started
- A large resource of computer holdings and CD-ROM's, Microfiche, and Books that are available to reference
at the Branch's Library
- Borrowing books and magazines from the Branch's library
- Field trips
How to Join
To join our Branch, fill out a
New Membership Form (PDF).
Then organise payment of your subscription - see Payment Options.
Renewing Your Membership
The Branch's membership year runs from 1 April to 31 March. Prior to 31 March members will be contacted and
reminded to renew their membership. A renewal form will be provided.
If for any reason you do not receive a reminder and form prior to 31 March, or you would like to arrange your renewal at
another time of the year, a Membership Renewal Form (PDF)
is provided here for your convenience.
Complete the renewal form and choose a Payment Options.
When your form (either joining or renewal) is completed, either:
- bring the completed form along with your payment by Cheque or Cash to a
Please make Cheques payable to New Zealand Society of Genealogists Hutt Valley Branch.
- or, scan the completed form, attach it to an email to us [firstname.lastname@example.org]
that includes details of your name, payment amount and when paid.
Make payment via internet banking:
- Account Name: New Zealand Society of Genealogists (NZSG) Hutt Valley Branch
- Account Number: 01 - 0530 - 0289489 - 00
- In the Payee Statement Details please enter: your surname, given name and subs amount paid
- or, post the completed form with a Cheque (made payable to New Zealand Society of Genealogists Hutt Valley Branch) to:
- Membership Secretary
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists Hutt Valley Branch
- PO Box 31024
- LOWER HUTT 5040
As part of the Annual General Meeting, there is an election of Branch Officers: Convenor, Secretary, Treasurer
and Committee members.
- The committee shall comprise not less than five members and must
include the following three officers:
- Chairperson or Convenor
- A minimum of fifty per cent (50%) of the committee, including the three officers
Chairperson or Convenor, Secretary, and Treasurer must be full (Ordinary, Joint,
Youth or Life) members of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists.
NZSG Rules – 12.3.2; 12.2.3
- Nominations can be made using the Committee Nomination Form [PDF] or
taken from the floor as long as both the proposer & seconder are present.
- However branch-only members are always very welcome to participate in the work of the committee.
- To become a member of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists, visit their
Membership Join webpage.