by Holly Adams Timm©
Frederick Tatzke was born 3 March 1852 in Germany, son of Frederick Tatzke, and died 21 April 1928, leaving 7 children, 2 susters, 20 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. His naturalization papers indicate that it is he who is listed as immigrating 6 June 1879 on the Liepzig from Bremen to Baltimore, age 27, a laborer. On 11 June 1880, in Cleveland, Ohio, he married Henrietta Wolfe, daughter of August and Elizabeth Wolfe. Henrietta was born 17 June 1861 in Germany and died 26 August 1923. She is believed to be aunt to John Hageman's first wife, his second wife being her daughter Anna's second husband. Frederick and Anna are buried together in Woodland Cemetery. [tombstone photo] Buried with Henrietta is their granddaughter Margaret Waltgen, who died young of pneumonia.
Frederick Tatzke and Henrietta Wolfe:
- Pauline "Polly" Tatzke born 18 Feb 1881 married about 1900 to Johann (John) Bergstresser. John died June 1923 and Pauline died 3 Feb 1927. Both are buried at Woodland Cemetery. Pauline and John had:
- Clara Friederika born 1 Feb 1902 married 1921 Anton Slavik
- Wilhelm Johann born 15 Jul 1903
- Arthur Edward born 29 May 1906 (per baptismal records)
- Elsi Anna born 6 Jun 1909 married 1938 Arthur Wells
- Ida Tatzke born 12 Mar 1884 married 1st ca 1900 Jacob Seiter and secondly, in 1925, Henry Schnoor.
- Georg Carl Seiter born 10 Nov 1905
- Walter Heinrich Seiter born 27 Jun 1911
- Clara Tatzke born 4 Mar 1886 married ca 1905 Henry Waltgen
- Emma Elizabeth Tatzke born 26 Sep 1896 married 6 June 1917 Edward A Obert. Emma died in December 1986
- Loretta Emma born 31 Jul 1920
- Oliver Louis born 25 Jul 1925 died very young
- Wilhelmina "Minnie" Tatzke born 26 Mar 1888 married 28 Nov 1906 John Herman Waltgen s/o Conrad Waltgen
- William Edward Tatzke born 11 June 1891 (probably the Wilhelm who died 20 July 1965 age 74 who is buried in the same plot with Lena and Mona Hageman in Woodland Cemetery.
- Herman Clarence Tatzke born 26 May 1893 and died 23 August 1893, age three months.
- Anna Tatzke was born 20 Mar 1895 in Ohio and died 8 Dec 1979 in Cuyahoga Falls OH, at 86 years of age. She married twice. She married Walter Kimpel 6 June 1912. Walter, a member of the city sanitary police, was born about 1893 and died in 1919 of influenza. She married John A Hageman in Cleveland Ohio, 12 Jul 1924. Anna died 8 Dec 1979.
Anna Tatzke and Walter Kimpel had:
- Grace Kimpel
- Walter Kimpel born 7 Mar 1913 and died in 1919. He was running in and out of the water from a sprinkler truck and slipped and fell in front of the rear wheel. He died about a week after his father was buried.
Anna Tatzke and John A Hageman had:
- Verna Annette Hageman was born 21 Oct 1925. She married Walter Friedrich Timm in Cleveland OH, 2 Feb 1949. [see him for children]
- Auguste Tatzke born and died 24 August 1899
- Hedwig Margarita "Hattie" Tatzke born 6 April 1900 married 27 April 1921 August Obert.Hattie died September 1979
- Ralph Edward born 30 May 1925
Copyright Notice: All files on this site are copyrighted by their creator. They may be linked to but may not be reproduced on another site without specific permission from Holly Timm [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Although public information is not in and of itself copyrightable, the format in which they are presented, the notes and comments, etc., are. It is however, quite permissable to print or save the files to a personal computer for personal use ONLY.
The author is