Lovell School History from 1880 to 1955. Click on the link to read more.
Epworth College or the Methodist University of
Oklahoma from 1910-1919 with Board of Trustees, Faculty and Student
The following class yearbooks and listings are available for viewing in the LCGS Library:
- 1893 Maggie Maples Autography Book
- ~1900 Capitol School Photograph
- 1900 Holy Family School, Langston aka School for the Colored and Indian Children
- 1904 -1908 Logan County High School Alumni Book with Faculty and Class Listings
- 1905 Logan County High School
- 1906 Logan County High School
- 1908 The Crimson Rambler: "A concoction of the doings of the Logan County High School" published by Oklahoma Printing Company
- 1915 WAH-WAH-TAYSSEE (Oklahoma United Methodist Univeristy)
- 1917 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1918 Year Book for Guthrie High School was not produced. Money was collected and donated to the WI War Effort. A copy of "My Golden School Days Memory Book" created for and presented to Eugene Beland by his sister in lieu of the year book is available in the LCGS library.
- 1919 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1920 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- Undated Prairie Hill-Trice Shool for Black Pupils (closed March 1920)
- 1921 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1923 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1924 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1925 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1926 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1927 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1929-30 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School Class List)
- 1931-32 Guthire High Blue Guthrie High Scholl Manual and Class Photographs with Names and Memorabilia
- 1932 State Department of Education Oklahoma High School Honor Society
- 1933 Logan County 8th Grade Graduates
- 1937 50th Anniversary Memory Book of Guthrie High School
- 1946 The Recall (Guthrie High School)
- 1947 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1953 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1954 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1955 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1959 The Crescent (Crescent students of all classes: first grade through graduating seniors)
- 1959 Langston High School
- 1960 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1962 Pirate (Mulhull)
- 1965 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1965-66 Memories of St. Mary's School
- 1966 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1966-67 Memories of St. Mary's School
- 1968 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1969 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1970 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1971 Kynewisbok (Guthrie High School)
- 1976 Favor High School Reunion (first)
- 1994 Guthrie High School Graduates (Logan County News)
Upcoming Class Reunions of Logan County Schools
If you have a Class Reunion to list, please write the Logan County Genealogy Society, or e-mail Billie Walsh.
Past Class Reunions of Logan County Schools
Guthrie High School Class of 1942 - September 29-30, 2000
On Friday, Sept. 29, 2000, a hearty group of Guthrie High School classmates from the Class of 1942 assembled in the Fellowship Hall of the First Presbyterian Church in Guthrie, Oklahoma. The hall was made festive by the use of balloons, floral bouquets, and a display of pictures, memory books and other memorabilia. A class photo was taken and appears in the Guthrie News Leader.
Class members attending were: Alberta Hendrix Ross, Martha Meyers Ward, Velda Edens Sears, Helen Kellogg Robinette, Amy Reeder McDowell, Erma Oldham Sims, Lucile Divine Fuqua, Frances Hilthon Johnson, Doris Brooks Waner, Dale Waner. Bernice Hirzel Keller, Richard L. "Dick" Reed, Jean Campbell Evelyn, Betty Stephens Reed, Peggy Offen Baldry, Margearet Lou Huffer Cotton, Betty Wilkerson Stalsworth, Ed Blyth, John Barry, Bill Hetzel, Bill McClary, Hubert Plagg, Joe Johnston, Jack Tubb, Johnny Birch, Conrad Hutson. Not available for the group pictures, but did attend a part of the reunion, were Wanda Pearson Harris, Frank Gatchell, Wayne Barnard, Marilyn Hafer. (Extracted from The Leader, Guthrie, Oklahoma, Sunday, October 29, 2000 which provides an overview of the Reunion and a Class Photograph .)
Guthrie High School Class of 1960 - September 15-16, 2000
Classmates of the Class of 1960 met Sept. 15 and 16, 2000 in conjunction with homecoming to celebrate their 40th reunion. Approximately 100 classmates and guests attended the two day festivities.
Those attending were: Judy (Gladdis) Harden, Lawanna (Taylor) Ronald, Bette (Ringrose) Berline, Pearl (McBane) Howard, Sterling Carberry, Gloria (Ulmer) Fischer, JoAnn (Harraman) Meaders, David "Gene" McKee, Mary (Stanbrough)Wanzer, Alan Ford, Jerry Heinrich, Ann (Townsend) Webb, Kathy (Carpenter) Parrott, Dianne (Quick) Fryar, Jimmy Waller, Frances (James) Smothers (former GHS secretary), William Silva Jr. (former GHS ROTC instructor), Florine Smith (former GHS teacher), Phyllis Odom (former GHS secretary), Don Odom (former GHS teacher), Madeline (Perry) Matthews, Alice (Warren) Woodard Winters, Doris (Fry) Uhrig, Lawanda (Brookshire) Carter, Margaret (Payne) Simmons, Pam (Hopkins) Stockard, Charles Moad, Emilie (Hirschi) Moad, Julia (Simpson) Williams, Georgia (Wilson) Pettijohn, Dorothy (O'Neal) Green, Wilita (Walker) Larrison, Donnie Whisenhunt, Carol (Allison) Whisenhunt, Bertha (Shipman) Harraman, Sharon (Birch) Keirns, Barbara (Perdue) Webb, Leona (Ellis) Westbrook, Theresa (Deadwiley) Kroeger, Janice (Donaghey) Bond, Martha (Covington) Dunn, Imogene (Baker) Moses, Edna Mae (Baker) Heilman, Merlin Dean, Linda (Dale) Patton, Mike Malone, Jerry Davis, Jim Yates, Jerry Mathis Weems, Kenneth Brouchoud, Ronnie Dennis, Gerald Privette, Ron Cordes, Wallace Walters, Robert Dunn, Roy Crews, Richard Cooper, Marion Tyler, Bill Coburn, Karen (Huffine) Coburn, Wanda (Wells) Doggett, David Shumway, Ruth Ann (Payton) Nealis, Glen Clay and Wilda (Canning) Armour.
(Extracted from The Leader, Guthrie, Oklahoma, Sunday, November 19, 2000 which provides an overview of the Reunion and a Class Photograph .)
Guthrie High School Class of 1955 - September 16, 2000
On Saturday September 16, 2000 the Guthrie High School Class of 1955 attended a reunion dinner at the Guthrie Country Club. The Class Photograph was taken by Bob Bozarth, Bozarth Photography of Guthrie.
Those attending were: Vera White Henderson, Patti Gumerson Gipson, Gene Ragsdale, Luann Williamson Osborne, Betty Wright Lindsey, Cynthia LeHew Williams, Barbara Sue Clark, Shirley Ewing Pratt, Betty Langley Barrett, Hollie Chappell, Velma Dye Hurst, Johnny Friend and Lawrence Kortright.
Others attending were June Phillips Miller, Barbara Wilson Whitten, Shirley Reid Clark, Marilyn Downing Carroll, Glorene Hall Seely, Mary Lou Boles McCullagh, Carol Purviance Warner, Jean Judkins Aken, Carolee Bowen Edgar, Thelma Dye Minnich, Carlene Ogburn Cowan, Millie Anthis Daniels, Eleanor Marquardt Wilson andGracie Daves Channel.
Also, Jack McDowell, Don Faubion, Rena Cunningham Lindeman, Joyce Birch Wood, Wanda Klopfenstein Tontz, Mona Cutler Simpson, Elmer Roberts, Paul McCullaugh, Wesley Estell, Pearl Flasch Whitten, Jim Petty, Bruce Hirschi, Jean Wilson Logan, Tommy Maker, Nelda Brown Alkadhimi, Kenny Kiespert, Glen Beery, Kenny Williams, Tommy Shumway, Andy Hetzler, John Tontz, Bobby Thompson, Doyle Garrett, Richard Green, Mickey Reilly, Max Lary, Leon Hoffman, Bud Ervin, Wanda Davis Harris, and James Strider. (Provided by Nelda Brown Alkadhimi)
Guthrie High School Class of 1940 - September 15, 2000
The Guthrie High School Class of 1940 held their 60th reunion on the Guthrie High School Homecoming weekend, September 15, 2000. The class met at the GHS for the assembly. Class of 1940 members attending and their guests were: Elizabeth Braun xBeard and sister Bonnie of Houston, Texas; Jim Hallenbeck and guest Tom Pitcock of New York City; Margie Helf Blank and Roy of Bartlesville, Oklahoma; Betty Baptist Williams of Oklahoma City; Ray Deming and wife Jean of Muskogee, Oklahoma; Violet Brooks Hobbs and son Frank Hobbs, Jr. of Tulsa, Oklahoma; Roy Reed and wife Faye of Wichita, Kansas; Gene Shultz and wife Jane of Oklahoma City; Ellen Benson Knox and husband Leonard of Springfield, Missouri; Helen Virginia Workman Petri and guest Ann Smith; Viola Mahnke Williams of Oklahoma City; Waite Taylor and wife Lou and daughter Marilee Boese of Lakewood, California;
Also, James and Francys Jean Duncan Overstreet of San Antonio, Texas; Bob Hooper and wife of Santa Barbara, California; Howard Prier and wife Ann of Richardson, Texas; Doris Hoefer Davis and husband James of Midwest City, Oklahoma; Jim Maker and guest Echo Wilson of Midwest City, Oklahoma; Genevieve Denny Gresham Phillips of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Attending from Guthrie were: Bion Acton and Betty; Ruth Goodnight Hopfer and John; Ray Stacy and Dorothy; Cledith White Ochs and Cleo; Mark Ekiss and guest Earlene Machtolff; Evelyn Owen Revis and Leo; Lloyd Ferris; Don Melton. Guests were Ken and Bea English and James G. of Tulsa. (Extracted from The Leader, Guthrie, Oklahoma, Sunday, October 8, 2000 which provides an overview of the Reunion .)
Guthrie High School Class of 1965 - July 7-8, 2000
The Reunion of the Guthrie High School Class of 1965 was held July
7-8, 2000. Members of the Class of 1965 attending were: Don Benton,
Shirleen (Wilson) Crews, Gary Stout, Susan (Henke) Staudt, Robert Willson,
Ronnie Ledington, Sheri (Collins) Brown, Joe Hurley, Paula (Grunden) Maddox,
Connie (Ford) Miller, Diana (Wright) Dewart, Judy (Edens) Eubanks, Stanley
York, Alama (Shipman) Berg, Charley Robinson, Bill Hightower, Billy Stumbaurh,
Alan Hennesy, Sue (Pritchett) Hennesy, Glenna (Gartman) Jacobs, Linda (Marriott)
Wilson, Jerry Flury, Larry Eubanks, Curvoine (Daniels) Carter, George (Joe)
Corcoran, David English, Lee Harvey, Carl Ham Jr., Dale Owen, Marchall Charles
(Chuck) Bethel, Roberta Foltz, Cherul Arnold, Janet (Chappell) Snyder, Daonna
(Dutcher) Scheihing, Carol Hopcus, Pat Rosebeary, Colonel Ward, Morris Mitchell,
Linda (Wells) Conwell, Keith Gleason, Trudy (Lepple) Lasater, Monte Maker
and Gordon (Speedy) Gibson.(Extracted from The Leader, Guthrie,
Oklahoma, Tuesday, August 22, 2000 which provides an overview of the Reunion
and the Class Photo.)
in any way without the consent of LCGS, Inc.
LCGS © Copyright 2021
LCGS Web Master
Last Updated 2018
Site Hosted by Rootsweb