SPRINGDALE

                    
Search Engine for the Gazetteer

   Search this site      powered by FreeFind
 
 

                     

 SPRINGDALE 

 
 

SPRINGDALE  was in School Land Cove.  The first school house was built as early as 1878 on Gholson Creek between Pecan Wells and Shive at Gholson Creek, TX, about thirteen miles southwest of Hamilton. In 1886 Eld. Albert Perry Koen bought a farm, later to be known as the "Old Koen Place" in the Springdale Community.

 

 
Home ] Up ] SPRINGDALE SCHOOL ]


People and Places: Gazetteer of Hamilton County, TX
Search this site powered by FreeFind

Copyright March, 1998
by Elreeta Crain Weathers, B.A., M.Ed.,  
(also Mrs.,  Mom, and Ph. T.)

A Work In Progress