Fairy Presbyterian Church was founded in 1891 as a Cumberland
Presbyterian Church. Dr. Samuel Wade Young and his wife Mrs.
Council Smith Young sold an acre of land north of Fairy Baptist
Church for the sum of one dollar to this church in May, 1901.
Sharp was the first minister while Jesse Lester Lackey was the first
session clerk. A two story church building was built in 1899. Fairy
Masonic Lodge No. 751 used the second floor for meetings. By 1909 Fairy
Presbyterian Church was associated with the Presbyterian US and
so it continued until 1933 when it was dissolved by the Brownwood
Presbytery. The Fairy Presbyterian Church building burned