OLD BAPTIST CEMETERY
Old Baptist Cemetery is located about two miles east of Kenney. It is in section 13 of Tunbridge Township. It is neatly groomed but many of the old stones are broken and partially buried. It is on what was the site of the Presbyterian Baptist Church which was built in 1853, but has since been torn down. The date of the first burial here is unknown and there are at least 100 or more graves that cannot now be identified. Many of the stones carry dates as early as 1855. This is still an active cemetery. Records of graves dug before the cemetery became township property (abt. 1920) were lost.
Back to Index
© Earliene Kaelin 1999
All rights reserved. No portion of this document may be used for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.