Published in: "The City of Kenosha and Kenosha County Wisconsin: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement" by
Frank H. Lyman Vol. 2, The S. J. Clarke Publishing Co., Chicago, 1916. p. 309
St. Thomas Catholic Church
The St. Thomas Catholic Church of Kenosha is one of the most recently organized parishes of the
city. The cornerstone of the church edifice was laid September 17, 1911, and the building was
dedicated May 17, 1912. The site was purchased March 6, 1907, but nothing more done until 1911. The
parish was incorporated December 9, 1909, its first officers being: Archbishop Messner, president;
Rev. W. D. Malone, vice president; Herbert Thomey, secretary; and John H. Corcoran, treasurer. The
parish was organized with ninety families. A parochial school building was erected at the same time
and the classes opened with ninety-three children in attendance. Today there are 220 in the school
and 221 families in the parish. The total cost of the property was about sixty-five thousand
dollars. In the school are four teachers, members of the Dominican Sisters from Sinsinawa,
Wisconsin. The pastor at the present time is Rev. William D. Malone.
Where to Obtain Records
The Mormon (LDS) Family History Library has microfilm copies.
Microfilm of originals at the church.
Records are in Latin.
Baptisms have some marriages.
Vol. 1. Baptisms, 1911-1920 with index v. 2. Marriages, 1911-1920 with index - FHL US/CAN Film [1862993 Items 10-11]