Georgetown is a part of Elroy
Georgetown was named after George M. Fowler who in 1869 sold his farm and purchased 40 acres of land on which the first houses in the part of Elroy were built.
George Fowler was born in Old Salem, Massachusetts on October 29, 1835. He
came to Juneau County in 1853 at the age of 18 to live with his uncle Merrill
Fowler. He was married to Emily E. Mallow at Wonewoc on June 22, 1861. George
died on August 26, 1916