Bible Records of Stratford, Connecticut
Bible Records of Stratford,
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Bible Record of Thomas Wells of Stratford
Thomas Wells of Stratford, father of Thomas Wells of New Milford, born August 1st, 1718.
Sarah Laborce (most show this as Laborie), born May 4th, 1721
They were joined in marriage in the year 1742
She departed this life June 28th, 1763. They had issue:
Thomas Wells of Stratford, departed this life September 23rd, 1791
- Bathsheba, their daughter, born Oct 4th, 1744
- James, their son, born April 13, 1748
- Thomas, their son, born March 28thg, 1752
- Sarah, their daughter, born November 2nd, 1754
- Elias, their son, born November 30th, 1756.
Bathsheba Thompson departed this life February 12th, 1814, aged 69 years and 4 months.
James Wells, departed this life, August 2nd, 1825, 73 years and one month.
Thomas Wells departed this life February 1st, 1826, aged 73 years, 10 months and 3 days.
Anna Wells departed this ilfe January 1st, 1840, aged 88 years, 8 months and 21 days.
Lois Wells departed this life December 22nd, 1857, aged 71 years, 9 months and 9 days.
Thomas Wells, born March 28th, 1752.
Anna Grant, late relict of Amos Northrop, deceased, was born September 11th 1751.
Thomas Wells and Anna Grant, alias Northrop, were joined in marriage by the Rev. Nath. Taylor January 11th, 1780
They had issue:
- Anna, their daughter, born November 19th, 1780
- Polly, their daughter, born March 16th, 1784
- Lois, their daughter, born March 3, 1786
- Thomas, their son, born June 2nd, 1790
Anna Bostwick, died June 6th, 1848, aged 67 years, 5 months, 17 days.
Lois Wells died december 22nd, 1857, aged 71 years, 9 months, 19 days
Thomas Wells died July 16th, 1860, aged 70 years, 1 month and 14 days.
Polly Bull died September 27th, 1877, aged 93 years, 6 months and 11 days.
Bible record taken from a bible published in Edinburgh by the assigns of Alexander Kincaid, His Majesty's Printer MDCCLXXXV (1785)
Currently in the possession of the New Milford Historical Society of New Milford, CT
Provided by Barbara Mathews - Lexington, MA
Family Record of Elias Wells, Jr. of Stratford, Conn.
Thomas Wells my grandfather was born Aug 20th 17181 and had five children viz.
Elias Welsl my Father was born Nov. 30th 1756 and had six children viz.
- Bathsheba Wells born Oct 4th 1744
- James Wells born April 13th 1748
- Thomas Wells born March 29th 17521
- Sarah Wells born Nov. 2d 1754
- Elias Wells born Nov. 30th 1756
Elias Wells the writer of this was born Oct. 19th 1783 and had six children viz.
- Bathsheba born Oct 14th 1782
- Urania born Nov. 15th 1784
- Sally Rachel born Feb. 10th 1787
- John born Oct. 6th 1789
- Elias born Oct. 19th 1793
- Lewis born Jan. 19th 1796
Maria Wells my wife was born Dec. 12th 1792
- Lewis Wheeler born Jan 14th 1817
- Emily born Feb. 24th 1819
- Thomas born Dec. 7th 1820
- Seymour born July 9th 1822
- Albert born June 22d 1824
- Seymour born Oct. 2d 1839
Lewis Wheeler Wells my son has children as follows viz.
Emily Curtis my Daughter has children as follows viz.
- Lewus Gray born June 17th 1841
- Ellen Maria born April 22d 1844
- Florence Augusta " Nov. 14th 1845
- Emma Louisa " Jany 7th 1848
- Lucy Emily " July 26th 1853
Florence Augusta Pietsch my grand Daughter has children as follows
- Emma Louise born Aug. 7th 1851
- Robet Wells born April 19th 1853
Seymour Wells my son has children as follows viz.
- Frank Hising Pietsch born May 21st 1867
- Theodore Wells Pietsch born Oct. 2nd 1868
Lewis Gray Wells my grandson has children as follows
- Ida Maria born July 14th 1850
- Madeline born May 23d 1852
- Charles Willmot born Ap. 6th 1854
- Carrie May born Sept. 16th 1856
- Frederick Thomas born Feb. 28th 1858
- Ellen Patterson born Jany 31st 1862
- John Elias born July 12th 1869
- Seymour Wells Jr. was born July 11 1872
- Hubert Wetmore Wells born Dec. 29th 1866
- Philip Patterson Wells born Feb. 5th 1868
Ernest Hubbard Wells born June 12th 1870
Thomas Wells by grandfather Died Sept. 23d 1781 aged 72 years
Elias Wells my Father died January 19th 1826 aged 69 years
Sally Rachel my sister died June 11th 1825 aged 38 years
Peninah Wells my Mother Died July 25th 1833 aged 77 years
Albert Wells my son Died Aug. 24th 1825 aged 1 year 2 months
thomas Wells my son died Mar 19th 1832 aged 4 years 9 mo. & 11 days
Maria Wells my wife died Jan. 12th 1872 aged 79 years 1 month
Lewis W. Wells Died Nov. 9th 1879
Elias Wells died April 3d 1857 aged 95 years 5 mo. & 13 days
Carrie May daughter of my son Seymour died Jan. 21st 1860 aged 3 yrs. 4 mo. & 5 das.
Ellen P. Jelliffe died July 15 - 1889
Frank Jelliffe died March 14 - 1887
John E. Wells died Dec. 3d 1890
Mary M. Wells daughter of Silas & Marie Crutis & wife of Seymour Wells died July 29th 1904 aged 72 years 10 months & 15 days
Seymour Wells son of Elias Wells 2nd & Maria Patterson died June 15 1918 = 88 yrs.
Lewis Wheeler Wells my Son was married to Affa Mariea Gray Sept. 3d 1840
Emily Wells my Daughter was married to Orville Curtis July 3d 1849
Seymour Wells my Son was married to Mary M. Curtis Feb. 22d 1849
Lewis Gray Wells my grandson was married to Mary Ellen Wetmore April 14th 1866
Florence Augusta Wells my grand Daughter was married to Charles Francis Piestch June 14th 1866
Emma Louise Curtis my grand Daughter was married to Alfred Augustus Blakeman Jan. 1st 1872
Bible last known in the possession of Seymour Wells, Jr. of Paradise Green, Startford, Conn. Date unknown.
At the top of the last page is the notation "Elias Wells Book 1840 and Seymour Wells 1888
Provided by Barbara Mathews - Lexington, MA
1Note differences between dates from the Thomas Wells bible and the Elias Wells Family Record.