Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society
Resources for Look-Ups by TPCGS Member Volunteers
A collection of genealogical resources available from members
of the Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society
Below is a list of society members who offer look-ups in a variety of resources that they have access to. If you are a member, and would like to volunteer, but are not listed, please e-mail Lou Lehmann.
- Lou and Margie Lehmann: [email protected]
- History of Shelby County, Kentucky, by George L. Willis
- History of Minnesota Vol. I-II, by William Watts Folwell. 1921
- History of Minnesota Vol. I-V, by Theodore Christianson
- Worden's Index to The New York Genealogical & Biographical Record 1870-1998
- Genealogy and History of Passaic County, New Jersey
- Ewing in Early America, by Margaret Ewing Fife
- History of the Mackenzies with Genealogies of the Principal Families of the Name, by Alexander Mackenzie
- Pioneers of Old Hopewell (New Jersey), by Ralph Ege
- Water Under the Bridge: A History of Van Buren Township (Michigan), by Cathy S. Horste and Diane F. Wilson
- Ages from Court Records 1636 to 1700 Vol I Essex, Middlesex, and Suffolk Counties, Massachusetts, by Melinde Lutz Sanborn
- The Mayflower Papers: Selected Writings of Colonial New England
- New Englanders in the 1600s, by Martin E. Hollick
- Captors and Captives — The 1704 French and Indian Raid on Deerfield, by Evan Haefeli and Kevin Sweeney
- The Great Migration Begins: Immigrants to New England 1620-1633, Vol. I-III, by Robert C. Anderson
- The Great Migration: Immigrants to New England 1634-35, Vol. I-V, by Robert C. Anderson et.al.
- The Complete Great Migration Newletter, Vol. 1-15, by Robert C. Anderson
- History of Norwich Connecticut, by Frances Manwaring Caulins. 1866
- History of Easton, Massachusetts, by W.L. Chaffin
- History of Amesbury and Merrimac Massachusetts, by Joseph Merrill
- Sandra Johnson: [email protected]
- Membership in the New England Historical and Genealogical Society and can do look-ups in the resources on that website.
- Roberta Campbell: [email protected]
- "Cemeteries of North Dakota" — Pembina County
- "Heritage 89" — Then and Now, 1889-1989, Pembina County, North Dakota
- "Our Times, Our Lives", 1889-1989, Dawson County, Montana
- "This Last West", by Lorman L. Hoopes, Miles City, Montana Territory 1876-1886
- British Aliens in the United States During the War of 1812, Compiled by Kenneth Scott
- The Original Scots Colonists of Early America, 1612-1783, by David Dobson
- "Marriages and Deaths 1778 1825 Dutchess County, New York", Volume 4, Published in Newspapers, Compiled and Edited by Helen Wilkinson Reynolds
- History of Dutchess County, New York, 1683-1882, by James H. Smith
- The Wuerttemberg Emigration Index, Vol 1-6, Compiled by Trudy Schenk, Ruth Froelke, and Inge Bork
- Jean McLean: [email protected]
- "Idaho County NEWS, 1886-1903" and "River & Prairie NEWS, 1904-1913". Newspaper article extracts of genealogical interest from Idaho County, Idaho.
- "Boots & Shovels", Fairfield, MT
- "Beyond the Shadow of the Rockies", Augusta Area, MT
- Genealogy of the McKay Family by James McKay
Jean also advises that anyone who wants to research at Heritage Quest Research Library in Sumner, WA, will have access to the following paid databases: Ancestry Library Edition, NEHGS, World Vital Records, Footnote, Paper Trails, and Civil War Database.
- Jane Irish Nelson: [email protected]
- Corlew Family Genealogy: Descendants of Edward Corlew of York Co., VA by Gary L. Corlew
- Cutler Memorial & Genealogical History, compiled by Nahum S. Cutler
- Descendants of John Irish, 1629-1963, by Willis Luther Irish & Stella Bertha (Putnam) Irish
- A Genealogy and Historical Notices of the Family of Plimpton or Plympton in America, and of Plumpton in England, by Levi B. Chase
- The Tyler Genealogy: The Descendants of Job Tyler of Andover, Massachusetts, 1619-1700, by Willard I. Tyler Brigham
- The Descendants of Job Tyler Since 1619, Volume Three, by Charles R., Norma L., & Norman R. Tyler
- Ellen McKanna: [email protected]
- can do lookups for the following Canadian Counties:
Perth, Wellington, Lennox, Addington, Frontenac and Prince Edward County-not island. Also has UEL publications by Russ Waller, UE and other Loyalist books.
- can do lookups for the following Canadian Counties:
- Frank and Janice Weihs: [email protected]
- The Pennsylvania Navy, 1775-1781, John W. Jackson
- Register zu den evangelisch-lutherischen Kirchenbuchern
der Pfarrei Thaleischweiler 1720-1798
- Descendants of Hugh Mosher and Rebecca Maxson through seven generations (Mayflower passengers), Chamberlain and Clarenback, comp.
- Ohio War of 1812 Soldiers’ Family Groups, Peters and Hudson, comp.
- History of the Bone Family of America, Vol. I , 1692-1850 and Vol. II, 1692-1920, including revisions of Vol. I.
- Elaine Workman: [email protected]
- Cemeteries of Cadiz and Trigg County, Kentucky, by David Sumner, Kim Fortner, Pam Metts, & Charles Morris
- Crittenden County, Kentucky Marriage Records, Vol. 1 1842-1865 and Abstracts of Wills, Book 1 1842-1924, compiled and indexed by Brenda Joyce Jerome
- Early Settlers of Webster County, Missouri, taken from “Old Settlers Column” published in The Marshfield Mail 1905, transcribed by Nettie W. Gorman
- First Families Shannon County Missouri, compiled by James M. Walsh
- Shannon County Missouri Marriages 1881 through 1900, compiled by Judy Walker
- Shannon County Missouri Marriages 1901-1910, Shannon County Hist. and Gen. Society
- Winona (Missouri) Then & Now 1888-1976, compiled by Velma Allmon, Margaret Bockman and Betty Miley