The kitchen is a room of generous proportions.
The stove was manufactured in Boston in 1880
and was originally in the American Embassy in
Melbourne. When it was removed in the 1970s,
the Frankston Historical Society acquired it for
Behind the stove is the deep set fireplace that the pioneers cooked their meals over. The cupboards and other fittings, including the
plumbing, were added during the early Dennis era of the 1930s.
The back door from the kitchen is an unusual addition. It is arched and resembles a church door. The small area with the open fireplace was apparently used to heat water and to supply smoke to cure meat that hung in the small recess behind the curtain. In later years this area was useful for wood storage as every major room had a fireplace.