XX indexVermont  





      WESTFORD, lying in the northern tier of towns in CHITTENDEN county, is bounded north by Fairfax, in Franklin county, east by UNDERHILL, south by Essex, and west by Milton. In surface the town is irregular and mountainous, resting upon a portion of the western slope of the Green Mountains, and fortunately possesses all the beauties which attract the sight-seer and the lover of nature, without lacking the qualities of soil and surface which tickle the utilitarian tastes of the farmer; there is little waste land in Westford. From many of the more elevated portions of the town may be obtained glimpses of Lake Champlain, the blue arena encompassed by a mighty amphitheatre of mountains, while away to the east rises the majestic and noiseless Mansfield, more than four thousand feet above sea level. The farms in Westford are usually well cultivated -- a fact which needs no proof beyond the statement that few towns, if any, in Vermont have so evenly-distributed wealth. There are few paupers, few people who are not able to provide for themselves and those who are under their care, and not many who may be termed wealthy. Most would be deemed well to do. The soil is various in composition. Through the center of the town clay preponderates, in the east and west a rich gravelly loam prevails, while to the north the soil is light and sandy. The town is well irrigated by springs and streams, Brown's River, the principal water-course, having a general northerly direction through the central part of the territory. Beaver Brook, fed by several small tributaries, flows north through the northwestern part of the town. To the southwest lies a small body of water, naturally called Westford Pond, covering about ten acres. The land was originally covered with a dense growth of forest trees, hemlock, beech and maple being found in greatest abundance, though spruce, birch, elm and ash were not wanting. Pine was also plentiful, its forests covering the whole of the sandy plains in the northern part of the town.

      The township was chartered by King George III, through his faithful and energetic representative, Governor Benning WENTWORTH, of New Hampshire, on the 8th of June, 1763. As in most of the towns in Northern Vermont, the grantees are not known to have ever visited their property, but to have subjected it to immediate sale in accordance with their views of legitimate speculation. Their names were as follows:

      Henry FRANKLIN, Jacob WATSON, Joshua WATSON, Sylvester DILLINGHAM, John DILLINGHAM, William BUTLER, UNDERHILL HORTON, John MIDWINTER, Robert MIDWINTER, Derrick AMBERMAN, Joseph HOLMES, Joseph SACKETT, jr., James SACKETT, jr., Peter SACKETT, Joseph SACKETT, James JAMISON, Cornelius LAW, jr., Jonathan DAYTON, jr., Jonathan HAZARD, Andrew ANDERSON, James ANDERSON, John YEATS, Isaac SEARS, jr., Gilbert BLOOMER, Joshua BLOOMER, James BLOOMER, Gilbert BLOOMER, jr., Henry LAW, Andrew LAW, John FINGLASS, James FINGLASS, Wm. THOMSON, Wm. THOMSON, jr., Michael HUFFNAL, Benj. UNDERHILL, Uriah WOOLMAN, Jonathan COUPLAND, Joseph JACOBS, James SACKETT, Samuel SACKETT, John SACKETT, John SEARS, David MATHEWS, esq., Andrew TEN EIKE, jr., esq., William SACKETT, Lewis BROCKLEY, James REID, Peter TEN EIKE, Isaac ADOLPHUS, Samuel JUDEA, Samuel WALL, Joseph SAVAGE, Michael BUTLER, Isaac SEARS, Jasper DRAKE, David DICKSON, Myer MYERS, Solomon MORACHS, John Ryner DICKSON, David DICKSON, jr., esq., Hon. Richard WIBIRD, esq., John DOWNING, esq., Daniel WARNER, esq., Major Joseph SMITH, Howard HENDERSON. Many of the proprietors of this town were grantees also of Underhill, a fact which plainly reveals their original intentions of selling instead of settling the land granted to them by the grace of his majesty.

      Westford Center, situated as its name indicates, in the central part of the town, is the only village in town. The river here affords the best of mill privileges, which induced a class of manufacturers to come to Westford at an early day. The first settlement was made on the site of the village by Elisha BAKER in 1795, who erected and operated a saw-mill on the river. Soon after Joshua STANTON built a forge and grist-mill in the near vicinity, which naturally lent an impetus to settlement and enterprise. Previous to this event the settlers traveled long distances over almost impassable roads, and in some instances through trackless forests to mill, and were content to abide in houses not made of boards. The forge made a good quality of iron from ore taken from the mines in Colchester, mixed with a harder quality from the State of New York, which was boated to Burlington, and carted thence to Westford. Notwithstanding the fact that the expense of carting the ore through forest and over hill such a distance reduced the profit to a minimum, it gave employment to a number of workmen, so much so that another forge was soon built, at a point about one hundred rods lower down the river, not far from the present grist-mill. The first mills and the first forge soon came into the hands of Luke Camp, who worked them up to the time of his death, about 189 or 1810. About this time the business was suspended, as the Colchester ore gave out. John KEELER and Joseph WEED, of Essex, who owned lands adjoining the dam at the forge, sued the widow of Luke Camp on the ground that the dam injured their lands, and prevailed, the result being the removal of the dam. Mrs. CAMP then built another dam farther down the river, nearly back of the present site of the Baptist Church edifice, and there erected a grist-mill. The position was unfortunate, however, and she soon sold the property to Colonel Danforth WALES and Henry MILES, who shortly after built the present grist-mill.

      The first settler in town was Hezekiah PARMELEE, uncle to the Rev. Simeon PARMELEE, D.D., so long a prominent divine in the State, who came in 1787. Others soon began to come, mostly from Massachusetts, who took up land in the southern part of the town, and were shortly after increased in numbers by the arrival of two parties, one from New Hampshire, settling in the northeast part of the town, and the other from Rhode Island, settling in the northwest. The first merchant in town was Jeremiah STONE, grandfather of Alney STONE, a sketch of whose life appears in later pages of this work. Jeremiah STONE came from Rhode Island in the early history of Westford, with his father, Thomas, then an old man, and his family, among whom was Allen STONE, afterwards a prominent citizen of this town, and opened a store at his home about one and a half miles south of the present dwelling house of Alney STONE. He was also the first representative of the town in the State Legislature. Before 1793 Levi and Joel FARNSWORTH settled here, the latter occupying the same site now occupied by the dwelling house of Alney STONE, and the former living near him. Jeremiah STONE became wealthy, was prominent in all the walks of life, and died respected in 1826. His son Allen died in 1858. Frederick COOK reached Westford about 1787, and settled in the eastern part of the town, on the farm now occupied by Philo T. IRISH, where he built a log house, and remained until his death in 1829. Of his ten children, Frederick, jr., lived in town until his death in 1877. Anson B., son of Frederick, jr., lives here now.

      David MACOMBER settled in the southern part of the town at an early day, on the place now owned by Thomas B. TYLER, where he built a log house and lived in it, it is said, for a time with only one side of the roof covered. He died May 14, 1863, aged seventy-nine years. He had a family of ten children.

      Jacob MACOMBER was another early settler on the place now occupied by his son Francis. He was a justice of the peace many years, constable twelve consecutive years, and a soldier of the War of 1812. He died in 1867, aged eighty-one years. His widow still survives him at a good old age.
Daniel MACOMBER came here from Chesterfield, Mass., in 1810, and established his home on the farm now occupied by Lyman W. IRISH. Four of his brothers and one sister came soon after, and all settled in the central part of the town. The descendants of these families are now many in Westford.

      James McCLURE came from New Hampshire very early and settled about one mile north of the farm now occupied by his son Daniel W. He had twelve children.

      Timothy MORGAN was an early settler near Westford Center. He died at the age of eighty years. Of his large family of children, one, Timothy L., is still a resident of town.

      Darius VARNEY, from Massachusetts, was an early settler in the western part of the town, and afterwards lived on Osgood Hill in the southeastern part. He was one of the original nine members of the Congregational Church. His son, Darius, jr., came to Westford with him, and died in town in 1878, aged eighty-two years. Martin POWELL, an early settler from Manchester, Vt., died in town in 1800.

      Reuben BURDICK, from Rhode Island, came early to Westford, and settled near the present residence of Cassius H. COBB. He was one of the first members of the Baptist Church, and died herein 1842, aged sixty-seven years.

      Elijah BURDICK, son of an English sea captain, and a native of Rhode Island, came to Westford before 1790, from New York State. On the 30th of January, 1790, Nathaniel, one of his several children, was born, and in 1815 he married Mary BENJAMIN, from New York, and removed to Ira, Vt. He died in St. Lawrence county, N. Y., in 1863. His son, Dr. J. L. F. BURDICK, a sketch of whose life appears in this volume, now lives at Winooski.

      Job BATES came from Connecticut to Westford in 1796, and settled on the farm in the southern part of the town, now owned by George STEVENS. He reared a family of twelve children, all of whom arrived at maturity, and five of whom are now living, the eldest child now residing on Colchester Point, aged about ninety-three years. His grandson, Luther M., has been a merchant in Westford about fifteen years, twelve of which he has served as town clerk.

      Thomas ROGERS, from Barre, Mass., settled in February, 1797, on the farm now owned by his son, Artemas P. He was the father of seven children. He was killed in 1830 by the premature discharge of a blast.

      Alvin HENRY, still living in Westford, who was present at the ordination of the first minister in town, Simeon PARMELEE, in 1808, lived for more than eighty years, and until recently on the place owned by Alvah S. HOLMES.

      Manasset OSGOOD, who died in 1855, at the age of eighty-one years, was born in Barre, Mass., in 1774, and came to Westford in 1798, settling on what has ever since been known as OSGOOD Hill. There he raised a family of thirteen children. His grandson, Reuben OSGOOD, now occupies the old homestead.

      Benjamin F. BEACH, who was born in Westford on the 26th of January, 1800, still lives with his son George. He has been an enterprising man in the town, and can distinctly remember most of the historical happenings of the last eighty years in the county and State.

      Manley HOLMES came to Westford from Brookfield, Mass., in 1803, and made his settlement on the farm now owned by Myron HOLMES. He took Sarah HOWE to wife, and had a family of eight children, of whom four, Warren, Manley, Myron, and Adam, are now living here. Moses RUGGLES was an early settler in the western part of the town, where he died in 1839. His son, Elihu H., still resides in town. Thomas ATWOOD came from New Hampshire in 1803, and settled in the eastern part of the town. He had a family of six children. Horatio Allen settled about 1818 on the farm now owned by his son George W. He held most of the town offices, and died on the 6th of November, 1880, leaving several children.

      William WEAVER came to this town from Rutland county in 1802 and settled where his grandson, William, now lives. His father served with the Hessians during the Revolutionary War, but discovering his mistake, deserted and served seven years with the colonial troops in Massachusetts.

      David CASTLE came to Westford in 1803 and settled on the farm now owned by his grandson, Solon E. Of his family of eleven children, all lived to be more than seventy years of age.

      Deacon Jonas HOBART came from New Hampshire in 1804, and settled in the eastern part of the town, on the farm now owned by Lucius IRISH. He was a public-spirited man and served the town as justice of the peace, representative, and in other capacities. He died in 1880, aged ninety-five years. Seven of his nine children are now living.

      Josephus WHIPPLE, who was postmaster here eleven years and acted in other public offices, came to this town in 1807, and settled about half a mile north of the Center, on the place now in the hands of his son Edwin B.

      Artemas ALLEN came to Westford in 1818 and settled on the place now owned by his son William E. He took an active part in town affairs, being the representative of Westford in the Legislative sessions 1839, 1840, 1849 and 1850. He died in 1863, aged sixty-eight years.

      Eli WOODRUFF was born in Great Barrington, Mass., on Christmas Day in 1792, and in 1802 came to Westford with his father and family, Shubal WOODRUFF, who died in 1808. Eli lived in Westford during his earlier years and bore an honorable part in the War of 1812. He afterward removed to Underwood, Vt., where he has descendants still living, among them being his son, John WOODRUFF, a sketch of whose life appears in this work.

      John PARKER removed in 1837 to the farm now owned and occupied by his son Seymour J. For a sketch of the life of Mr. PARKER see the later pages of this work.


      This town being too far north to have been thickly settled before the War of the Revolution, has no tradition of feats of broil and battle to relate concerning her part in that memorable struggle for independence. But many of the early settlers had borne their share of the hardships and dangers of that war, among them being Captain James TAYLOR, George CHASE, John LAWRENCE, Benjamin WILMONT, Simeon HOOKER, who attained the age of more than a hundred years, George NORTHWAY, John MACOMBER, Josiah WOODRUFF, Solomon HOBART, George THRASHER, Jesse ATWOOD, Gideon DIXON, Samuel FRENCH, and Samuel MOORE, who also served in the French and Indian War. During the War of 1812 Captain James TAYLOR raised a company, most of which was formed from this town, whose names were as follows:

      Captain James TAYLOR, Seymour POWELL, lieutenant, Daniel DODGE, ensign, Elijah RICHARDSON, Ziba WOOD, Seth COOKMAN, sergeants; William SMALLEY, Luther BEAL, William C. WEST, and Seth SCOTT, corporals; Heath WELLS, drummer; Asa ALLIS, Andrew BAKER, Ebenezer BELLOWS, Jacob BREWER, S. BREWSTER, Luther CASE, James COX, Moses DAVIS, Ralph ELWOOD, Joseph ELLSWORTH, Joshua EVANS, Joseph FLEMING, Jonathan FISK, David GRISWOLD, Samuel GREGORY, Thomas M. GRIFFIN, Enos GROUT, Simon HIGGINS, Stickney HODGKINS, Manley HOLMES, Charles HECTOR, Andrew HURLBURT, David McCOY,  JOHNSON PLATT, Zack KENNEY, Levi NICHOLS, Peter S. OBEN, Soule RICE, Samuel K. ROBERTS, I. SHATTUCK, Samuel BOYNTON, Giles TAYLOR, Chandler WARD, Jeffrey WORSSON, Hiram WEBSTER, Joseph WEBSTER, Robert WILKINS, John WOODWORTH, Romanty WOODRUFF, Samuel WRIGHT. Captain Jonas HOBART had a company at the Battle of Plattsburgh, among its members being from this town, Allen STONE, Freeman CHASE, Jacob MACOMBER, Frederick AUSTIN, Friend BEEMAN and Warren BURDICK. Other soldiers in this war, from Westford were HENRY WOODRUFF, Nathan CASWELL, Samuel R. ROBINSON, Welcome CHATTINGTON, Moses RUGGLES, Aldrich WORLEY, Haskell FRENCH, Sanford PRATT, Heman PRATT, Martin BATES, Appollas PARTRIDGE, as sergeant, William BOWMAN, Amos TAYLOR, Eli WOODRUFF, Edwin SIBLEY, Parmer RICHARDSON, as orderly-sergeant, Owen NORTHWAY, Russell WOODRUFF, Charles HAPGOOD, Elmore HAPGOOD, Jared FRISBIE, Ira FRISBIE, Silas MORSE, Levi NUTTING, Daniel RICHARDSON, Thomas RICHARDSON, Asa RICHARDSON, Freeman HOYT, Julius HOYT, Josiah HILTON, Aaron PARKER, Lemuel FRENCH, as fifer, Timothy BURDICK, and Foster TAYLOR. Samuel R. ROBINSON died only a short time since, in 1880. The widows of Jacob MACOMBER and Martin BATES, only, are now drawing pensions. During the last war the town furnished 105 soldiers, many of whom re-enlisted.


      The town was organized and first meeting held at the dwelling house of John SEELEY, March 25, 1793, at which Francis NORTHWAY was chosen moderator, to govern the meeting, and Martin POWELL elected town clerk; John SEELEY, Levi FARNSWORTH, and Shubael WOODRUFF, selectmen; John SEELEY, treasurer; Ebenezer BURDICK, constable; Peter  NEELS, second constable; John SEELEY, Levi FARNSWORTH, and Francis NORTHWAY, listers; Peter  NEELS, collector of taxes ; Francis NORTHWAY, leather sealer ; David  KNOWLES, grand juror; and Steven  JOHNSON and Elias  CRANDALL, pound-keepers. The first justice was Jeremiah STONE, who was also the first representative, chosen to both offices in 1793. The first physician was Dr.  RICE, who removed to Canada after a short residence here. The first postmaster was William P. RICHARDSON. The first death recorded is that of Susannah  BALCH, April 27, 1795, though we believe the first death of an adult was that of Silas BEACH, who was killed by the falling of a tree, July 4, 1796. The first marriage was that of Amos BALCH and Betsey  JEVIS, December 10, 1792. The first birth on record is that of Althea NELLS, March 20, 1795.

      The early settlers of Westford were more afflicted than the average number of pioneers with litigation and controversy with respect to their title to the land to which they supposed they had a right. The earliest proprietors' records are not accessible if they are in existence. The first warning found in the records now in possession of the town clerk was signed at Burlington, January 20, 1802, by William COIT, justice of the peace, and advertised the future holding of a meeting at the house of David HASELTON (said to be the great-grand-father of Seneca HASELTON, now a prominent Lawyer in Burlington), in Westford. David HASELTON lived on the farm now occupied by his grandson, Milo E. HASELTON. At this meeting, March 16, 1802, John SEELEY was chosen moderator, Martin POWELL, who lived on the place now occupied by George  RICE, about two miles southwest from Westford Center, was chosen proprietors' clerk, and "immediately sworn to the faithful discharge of the office by Martin CHITTENDEN, chief judge of the County Court" Martin CHITTENDEN was then elected collector. It seems that the object of this and subsequent meetings was to examine the first proprietors' records, with a view to impeaching their validity as muniments of title. Thaddeus TUTTLE, a wealthy merchant of Burlington, who owned vast tracts of land all through Northern Vermont, especially in Shelburne, Essex and Westford, Colonel Udney HAY, a prominent citizen of Underhill, and a number of others, including, probably, Martin CHITTENDEN himself, claimed several parcels of land in this town under what was known as "Ives's vendue," a somewhat uncertain origin of title to large amounts of land throughout the State, which the courts usually sustained because of its technical conformity to law. Their claim conflicted with those presented by other persons, who apparently relied upon their purchase direct from the original proprietors. It therefore became necessary to impeach the proceedings of the proprietors as illegal, which, from all that can be gathered, might easily have been done. At this meeting Colonel Udney HAY, Thaddeus TUTTLE and Martin CHITTENDEN were appointed a committee to "examine the proprietors' records." A vote was then passed without discussion, allowing Thaddeus TUTTLE the right of “pitching one hundred and four acres," and another giving Colonel HAY the right of pitching fifty-two acres. The next meeting was held on the first Monday of June, 1804, at the same place, Captain Joshua STANTON being chosen moderator of the meeting, and David HASELTON clerk. Among those who were present at this time was John Fay, a prominent lawyer of Burlington. The principal vote of this meeting was to confirm Mr. TUTTLE and Colonel HAY in their “pitches." The committee appointed at the previous meeting to examine the former proprietors' records, made a report substantially to the following effect

      They found a warning for a proprietors' meeting dated July 30, 1735, to be holden on the 12th of the next September. Nathan SMITH was the old proprietors' clerk. Another meeting was held on the 10th of November, 1785, at which Timothy BLISS was clerk. The committee reported this to be illegal, as there was nothing in the records to show that Nathan SMITH had been dismissed from the clerkship; that there seemed, therefore, to be two clerks acting at the same time, and that the records did not disclose whether or not they were either of them “sworn according to law.” No other meeting was held, as they found, until October 29, 1789, when a meeting was called for one purpose, of several, “of quieting the settlers." The record of this meeting was also technically erroneous, the officers not being recorded as sworn according to law. The conclusion was that the former proprietors' meetings were void and fraudulent, and that the omissions were intentional, no one daring to take the oath prescribed by law. The committee prevailed.

      Such is a brief account of the early history of this vigorous little mountain town. Notwithstanding its independence as an agricultural township, it is what may be termed self-supporting in its manufacturing and mercantile interests, depending very little on other towns for any of the necessaries of life. Its population has fluctuated in about an equal proportion with other rural towns in Vermont, its greatest period of suffering, perhaps, being during the California gold fever in 1849, when more young men left Westford for the western El Dorado than from any other town in the State of its size. Its present mercantile interests are limited to the store of Luther M. BATES, who carries a stock valued at about $2,000, and has passed the fifteenth year of his mercantile experience in town; and the store of I. E. HUNTLEY, who has been here about ten years, and whose sales amount to about $16,000 a year. Among the manufacturing interests may be mentioned the cheese-box factory, saw-mill and cider-mill of Charles A. WAKEFIELD, in the western part of the town, which was established by A. WORLEY about 1868. About 120,000 feet of lumber, 3,000 cheese-boxes, and 350 barrels of cider are here manufactured every year. The Westford Center saw-mill, cheese-box and butter-tub manufactory is owned by H. W. CARRINGTON, who turns out about 15,000 cheese-boxes and butter-tubs a year. E. CHARPENTER's tannery was first operated by Mr. ORLIN in 1836. The present proprietor has been operating the concern since May 1, 1870, and now does a business of about $4,000 a year. The Union Cheese Factory Company was organized as a stock company in 1865, with thirteen stockholders, among whom were William RICE, Alney STONE, Martin RICE and Milo DOUGLASS. The present operative of the factory is P. H. MAHAN. The directors are H. W. RICE, G. A. RICE, and A. WEED. It uses the milk from about four hundred cows. There are two creameries in town, both started during the season of 1886, and both operated by E. J. PARKER and F. E. WILSON under the firm name of PARKER & WILSON. Each uses milk from about four hundred cows. Nathan C. DIMICK succeeded N. D. STANLEY as cabinet-maker and wheelwright in 1879. S. H. & H. N. MACOMBER's saw, shingle and planing-mill, on Brown's River, has a capacity for cutting 10,000 feet of lumber a year, and 8,000 shingles a day. The grist-mill built by WALES & MILES is now owned and operated by Pascal ROUSSEAU, who has had possession of the property for about fifteen years. The mill does a good business in custom grinding. The hotel at Westford Center is owned by H. N. MACOMBER and presided over by Nathan C. DIMICK, who keeps a good temperance house.


      It is not known when the first post-office was established at Westford, though the first postmaster is known to have been William P. RICHARDSON. The list since 1824 has been, so far as can be learned, as follows To 1831, William WOOD; to 1841, Josephus WHIPPLE; to 1844, John R. HALBERT; 1845, E. W. SHERMAN; 1846, S. G. MERRIAM; to 1848, H. B. HINE; to 1850, James NICHOLS; to 1853, Harminus HALBERT; 1854, William HENRY; to 1857, Edwin HARD; to 1861, Noah TYLER; to 1866, George HOBART; to 1868, J. H. MACOMBER; to 1873, L. M. BRIGHAM; to 1876, L. C. NICHOLS; to 1885, Irving E. HUNTLEY; and the present incumbent, William WEAVER.

      The early settlers of Westford were too poor to afford the best of salaries or of accommodations to their pastors or preachers, and considered themselves fortunate often in obtaining the use of some barn in which to unite in divine worship. As early as 1798 the members of the Baptist denomination and their sympathizers formed an organization which was confirmed by a council convoked for the purpose. Rev. Mr. BROWN was the first pastor. The first church edifice was erected in 1829, and with subsequent improvements is still used for the purpose of its construction. It is now valued at about $2,000. The present pastor is Rev. Thomas TELLIER. The deacons are B. MERCHANT and G. M. HUNTLEY, and the clerk is R. M. HUNTLEY.

      The First Congregational Church at the Center was organized by the Rev. Jedediah BUSHNELL, from Cornwall, Conn., on the 7th of August, 1801, the ceremony being held in a barn on the site of the dwelling house now occupied by Albert PARTRIDGE. The church membership originally numbered thirteen souls. Rev. Simeon PARMELEE, the first installed pastor, was ordained in August, 1808, and dismissed in August, 1837, thus serving his church continuously for nearly thirty years. The first house of worship was built in 1809, by Alpheus EARL. It was replaced by the present house in 1840, the new structure being provided with a seating capacity for four hundred and fifty persons, and costing about $3,000. Its present value, including grounds, is more nearly $5,000. The pastor is Rev. B. S. Adams. The deacons are D. F. LAWRENCE and C. O. BRIGHAM. The Sabbath-school superintendent is Mrs. L. M. BATES.

      The Methodist Episcopal Church, also situated at the village, was organized by Truman SEYMOUR in 1821, with a membership of twelve. Rev. Cyrus PRINDLE was then the pastor. Services had been held now and then in town, however, for more than twenty years, even the famous Lorenzo DOW favoring the Methodist families of the vicinity with one or two of his burning sermons. The present church building, capable of seating about two hundred persons, and valued at about $1,200, was built in 1860. No regular services are now held in town, and the society has no pastor.

History of Chittenden County, Vermont 
With Illustrations and Biographical Sketches 
of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers
Edited By W. S. Rann, Syracuse, N. Y.
D. Mason & Co., Publishers, 1886
Page 695-704.

Transcribed by Karima Allison ~ 2004 

Tombstone listings from the Brookside Cemetery in Weston, VT
Tombstone listings from the Pleasant View Cemetery, in Weston, VT 
1876 list of Pastors, Deacons & Parishioners from the 
Congregational Church, Westford, VT 
Welcome To Our Hometown!
Westford Libary 
Westford Town Common 
Browns River Covered Bridge Dedication
Brick Meeting House Society Of Westford
Westford VT Town Profile . . . Picket Fence Preview