Calendar of Events
out the tourism links below for Milam County events:
Weekly & Monthly Events:
- Farmer's Market will be held on Tuesdays at the Busy Bea parking lot from
9AM-1PM. Any local growers invited to participate on Tuesdays. Call
Becky for more information, please call 446-7774 or 760-0074.
- Every first & third Tuesday of each month, Blessings
from GOD food Pantry will distribute food to citizens.
- The first Tuesday hours are: 6PM to 8PM
- The third Tuesday hours are: 8AM to 10AM
- Every first & third Tuesday of each month,
Standards of Care will be at Bea's Kitchen located at 101 East Main
Street, at 10:30AM for free blood sugar & blood pressure checks.
- Every Wednesday of each month, join the Cameron Library for Books to Grown on Story Time at 10:30AM.
- Every first & third Friday of each month, the Cameron VFW Post 2010 will have Karaoke.
- Every first & third Saturday, the Milano Playboys play free music at the Senior Citizens Center in Christman (located between Milano & Caldwell).
- Every Thursday and and third Saturday, Jimmie Maze and the Milano Playboys perform at the Christmann Community Center from 7-9PM.
- Every Friday & Saturday, of the month the Farmers Market will be located at 2103 North Travis in Cameron from 7AM to Noon.
- Every last Saturday of the month, the Milano Jamboree will be held at the Milano Senior Citizens Center at 7PM.
Ruck that will begin at 8AM in the Cameron City Park to honor Master
Sgt. Charles Price and 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews. It will be an 8
mile ruck from Fannin Street to Highway 77 - turning around at Denio's
Furniture Store and ending at the City Park. There will also be a
Memorial Motorcycle Ride during the Ruck, too. If you would like
to participate in the motorcycle ride, please call 254-482-3112.
Memorial Service will be held at 1PM in honor of the fallen
soldiers and their families. The public is invited to the park
for the service and the guest speaker will be Earl Granville.
for the Daryl Howard Family will be held from 10AM (Saturday, August
19) to 1AM (Sunday, August 20) at the Cameron VFW. Mr. Howard was
killed last month in a motorcycle accident and was a Vietnam Veteran.
There will be BBQ plates for $6 and tournaments will be during
the day that include: Cornhole, Pool, Darts, and Redneck Golf.
Each winner of the tournament will be awarded trophies.
There will also be a silent auction and 50-50 raffle. DJ
Daniel and John Martinez with special guest Country Bob Yates will
provide the music. All proceeds will go to the Daryl Howard
family. For more information, please call 254-295-6222 or
Homecoming Festival at St. Monica's Catholic Church will have BBQ and
sausage plates for $10 from 10:30AM until sold out (to go plates will
be available). There will be other food available at the festival
that includes homemade tamales, nachos, hamburgers, etc. Spanish
Mass begins at 7AM, followed by a Polka Mass with the Taylor Czech
Chorus at 10AM. The Majeks of Corpus will perform at the Simon
& George Hall at 11:30AM. The Horseshoe Tournament will also
run and the registration starts at 11:30AM and the tournament starts at
1PM. There will also be a Country Auction at the Simon &
George Hall that begins at 3:30PM with a raffle - tickets are $1 each
or 6 for $5.