SURNAMES: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- LYONS, NICKLEBUR, NICKLEBURR, STRAHAN posted by Lois Kenedy on Sunday, July 13, 1997
- I am helping my cousin search for relatives of her father, Charlie LYONS, Sr. He was born in Oct 1919 in Honey Island to Oscar William LYONS 1877>1962 and Beatrice Missouri NICKLEBUR 1885 >1966. Beatrice's parents were Newton Jasper NICKLEBURR 1846> 1929 and Emma Zonia STRAHAN 1867 > 1941. It is believed that the LYONS family came from Tyler County, before settling in Hardin County. Any help would be great.
- BROWN, JOYNER, KELLER, MOORE, PAGE, POUNDS, SEALS posted by Connee Brown Kroeger on Thursday, July 24, 1997
- My g.g.grandfather, Henry KELLER, is buried in Knupple Cemetery in Silsbee, TX next to his daughter Martha and her husband, John BROWN. Henry was b. 9 May 1795 in SC, m. Sophia PAGE in Marion Co., MS in 1818, and d. 31 Jan. 1889 in Hardin Co. Several of his children and grandchildren moved to TX from St. Tammany Parish, LA. Would like to contact anyone researching this KELLER family. Henry's children were: Elizabeth m. Joseph E. POUNDS; John m. Martha Elizabeth SEALS; Catherine m. John JOYNER; Sarah Matilda m. Isom Johnson POUNDS; William M. m. Minerva C. POUNDS; Susanna m. Thomas J. MOORE; Henry K. m. Susan Jane BROWN; Rachel Permelia m. Thomas W. SEALS; Thomas Philip; Martha Ann Mizell.
- ANDRESS, JORDAN posted by Robert Scroggins on Friday, August 1, 1997
- My Grand- mother on my mother's side was Eliza JORDAN the daughter Perry M. JORDAN . I started working on our family tree in March,after the death of my mother Perry Lee ANDRESS born in Polk County on the farm of Isaac Francis ANDRESS born 1830 in Monroe County , Alabama.
- CUNNINGHAM posted by Carl Cunningham on Wednesday, August 6, 1997
- I'm looking for ancestors from Hardin Co. Riley CUNNINGHAM was my great granduncle. His father was William Dow CUNNINGHAM, Sr. from Tyler Co. 1860. I've lost track of Riley and his siblings. Can you help?
- KOUNTZE posted by W. B. Berger on Thursday, August 7, 1997
- I have assembled massive info on KOUNTZE (Christian Gottlieb & Kountze Brothers) family from Omaha, but need to know what is the connection (there IS one) with Kountze, TX.
- DEHART posted by Penelope DeHart Palmer on Wednesday, August 20, 1997
- I am seeking infromation on my father Jewel Edward DEHART, born in Beaumont Texas in 1923
- ANDREW, HOOKS, LILLEY posted by Patricia ("Pat") Blue on Monday, August 25, 1997
- I would like any information on the HOOKS / LILLEY families. My great grandmother was Inez HOOKS (married to Thomas Jefferson LILLEY. Inez HOOKS parents were Thomas Middleton HOOKS and Apolonia O. ANDREW. They were living in Kountze in 1889. Will share info. I have on Hooks and Lilley's.
- HERRINGTON, HOOKS posted by Tom Blackwell on Thursday, August 28, 1997
- I am looking for information on Nitis Herrington HOOKS, wife of Rufus HOOKS, Sr. Specifically, I am trying to find out whether she is still alive, and if not, just who might have her genealogy files. I am trying to track down her sources for some genealogy research I believe she did on her HERRINGTON ancestors.
- NETHERTON, ROBERTS posted by Danny Roberts on Thursday, September 11, 1997
- I am looking for info on Howard NETHERTON ancestors and descendents and same for Joe Brown (J.B.) ROBERTS who married a NETHERTON. Thanks.
- STEADMAN posted by Mary Claunch Lane on Wednesday, September 24, 1997
- John STEADMAN was born in 1857 in Hill County. He lived in the Kountz and Silsbee areas after 1915. He raised one daughter there whose name was Gladys Steadman. She boarded with a family named Johnston and they were good friends with the Harringtons or Herringtons. John worked in Lumber mills. He died in Fort Worth, Texas in Jan. 1940. He was my grandfather and I know absolutely nothing about him or his family, except for one census, the 1860 Hill Co. He also lived in Oakdale, Louisiana. He was married at least 3 times. He had 5 children in Oakdale about 1950-25. Gladys had one full sister, named Agnes who was born in 1915 in Oakdale. Their mother died just a couple of months after Agnes' birth and she was given away and raised separately from Gladys. Gladys was born in 1910. I am at my wits end trying to locate something on this elusive character. Any help appreciated.
- CHOATE, CLARK posted by Shannon Duhon on Wednesday, September 24, 1997
- I am looking for a John CHOATE, Jr. who was married to Hester Eulalie CLARK in and around 1837. John Choate Jr. and Hester may be the father and mother of my great great grandfather David John CHOATE. Your help will be greatly appreciated,thanks.
Return to the main page.
© 2003 by Peggy Tebbetts for the TXGenWeb Project
All Rights Reserved