Los Nogales
Los Nogales

All pictures were sent by Sarah Reveley

Prepared for the web site by Wanda Qualls

Los Nogales
    This structure was built in 1849 for German immigrant Justus Gombert.  The one-room adobe structure, later Stuccoded and enlarged, was owned from 1849 to 1859 by Joseph Zorn.  After the Civil War, the property was used as a campground for members of the Freedmen's Bureau.  Ben McCulloch owned the property briefly in 1870.  Demolition of the house was prevented as the first project of the Seguin Conservation Society in 1952.  Los Nogales (Spanish for walnuts), as it is now known, was designated a recorded Texas Historic Landmark in 1962.      (1989)

los nogales 2  losnagoles 3
Front with Doll House to the left
los nagoles 4  los nagoles 5
Backside                                                                                                   Inside
doll house 1  doll house 2  doll house 3
Doll House

Return to Guadalupe County