"True Women" Book TourThe congregation relied on circuit riders from various denominations. One Sunday Eupemia felt an unbearable need to scratch. She noticed glassy transfixed expressions as people shifted in the pews. Then, from beneath the floor, she heard the contented grunt of a pig answered by another and she realized the entire church had been infested with fleas. In 1850 Euphemia and William King were married in the newly disinfected church.
Seguin's First Church
Project of the Seguin Conservation Society. Tour Maps Available at Chamber of Commerce 427 N. Austin St.