Texas Lutheran College, now Texas Lutheran University. It moved to Seguin from Brenham, Texas in 1912 when Mr. Louis Fritz offered fifteen acres of land for its placement and a group of Seguin businessmen raised funds for the establishment of the college. Since then TLU’s graduates have become leading business leaders, educators, athletes, musicians, scientists, physicians, and scholars throughout Texas and the nation. Over the last fifteen years, U.S. News and World Report has ranked TLU as one of the top ten small liberal arts Universities in the western region of the United States.
Return to Guadalupe County