Historical Homes & Buildings
This page is a part of the Gregg County, TXGenWeb project and all of the information here is
FREE  for you to use. If you are being charged to view/use any of this  information, please contact Elaine & Etta

Gregg County Historical Homes & Buildings, Past & Present

*  The Teague Home was a stagecoach stop. Story
The Allison Home, Longview's oldest brick residence.  Now known as the Dundee Angus Ranch, it continues to be the oldest remaining brick home in Gregg County. Built by Dr J N Allison, pioneer physician, some of the materials were transported from Va. 
The W.D. Northcutt Home  (View #1) (View #2)  This is a turn of the century home with double-galleried bays and a dome-like turret in the Queen Anne style. It has a double-circular porch and a double gallery which wraps around the corner of the house. (View #2) was built in 1900-1902 on three 50-foot lots. This was the first building in Gregg County to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has received a marker from the Tx Historical Commission. 
Dr. E.L. Walker's Home built in Gladewater in 1909. It is still a beautiful old home and can be seen in downtown Gladewater.
The Brown-Birdsong Home of Longviewbuilt by Rev B W Brown in 1879.
Dr. C. W. Lawrence Home built 1874 and torn down in 1939.
*  F.T. Rembert Home - History
*  Campbell Home built 1879,  now the location of  the Bramlette Building in downtown Longview.
W.E. Booth Home
* John & Eugenia Finch's Home, this was the second home built on this site by John Finch. He was an early member of the Baptist Church, musician, Confederate soldier, and Mason. Descendants still occupy the home in Longview.
*Womack-Lacy Home built in 1876, was the first "gingerbread trim" home in Longview. Descendants still occupy the home.
F.L. Whaley Home, the original home (the center of the house) being built 1871, was the 4th home 
built in Longview. It had a unique "preacher's room" for visiting clergymen. Descendants of the original owner still reside here.
Yates-Hurst Home torn down in 1929 for the erection of  the Gregg Hotel.
The Campbell Honeymoon Cottage was built in 1878 and was the home of Governor Thomas Mitchell Campbell.
The J.N. Campbell Home was built in 1872 and was later owend by Judge J.N. Campbell.
The Foshee-Sheppard home, located in Gladewater, was built by Emmett Foshee and his wife, Mary R. Sheppard, of a pioneer Upshur County family.
The Robertson Place was built in 1855 on land originally owned by Hayden Edwards. It is located six miles east of Kilgore
The Jerre Clemens Turner home still has the original latticed well-house and walnut stairway. It is located in Longview.
The Rocksprings School House was built by donated labor in 1849. School was held until 1930. It was also used as a church, and has a cemetery beside it. It was founded by early settlers from Tennessee and is located 3.5 miles SE of Gladewater, just inside the Gregg County boundry on the Smith County line.
The Dean-Keener-Crim House, the oldest still standing in Kilgore.
The Flewellen - Eason home, built in 1879 by Mayor T A Flewellen.


Copyright © 2007 - present by TXGenWeb
(Please read our copyright page for a better understanding of our copyright needs.)

Materials on this site are provided for the free use of persons who are researching their family history. Data may be freely used by non-commercial and/or completely free entities,  as long as this message remains on all copied material. Any commercial use, without the prior consent of the host/author of the materials provided on this site, is prohibited. The electronic pages on this site may not be reproduced in any format for profit.

Notice to Webmasters: You may not copy and paste the information on any of the pages of  this site onto another web page without first obtaining explicit permission to do so and without including the copyright notice.