Lakeview, Texas


Last Updated:
26 Jul 2016

Lakeview, Texas Site Map
Home

site search by freefind

LAKEVIEW, TEXAS (Floyd County). Lakeview is at the junction of Farm roads 651 and 1958, ten miles southeast of Floydada in south central Floyd County. It originated as a school community in 1892. The school was rebuilt in 1900 and in 1919. In 1925 the Lakeview school was in District 11 of the Floydada and Lockney Independent School District. A high school was added in 1930–31 but closed in 1967. In 1936 Lakeview had a church, a school, a cemetery, one business, and a number of scattered dwellings, and in 1942 the population was estimated at fifty. In 1964 the town had a school, a cemetery, a grain elevator, a factory, and one business. The population was estimated at forty-five in 1968, and the same figure was reported up until 1986. In 2000 the population was forty-four.

BIBLIOGRAPHY:

Floyd County Historical Museum, History of Floyd County, 1876-1979 (Dallas: Taylor, 1979).

William R. Hunt

 

[ Return to the Floyd County Towns and Communities Page ]   [ Return to the Main Floyd County Page ]

Created and Maintained for the TXGenWeb Project by

Larry "Joe" Reynolds

Copyright © 2015 - 2016, Larry Joe Reynolds, Mount Pleasant, Texas USA.
All Rights Reserved. Limited use rights may be granted by written or electronic permission.