Allmon, Texas


Last Updated:
26 Jul 2016

Allmon, Texas Site Map
Home

site search by freefind

ALLMON, TEXAS. Allmon is located at the intersection of Farm roads 54 and 378, seventeen miles southwest of Floydada in extreme southwestern Floyd County. The community was named for the Charles L. Allmon family and evolved around a rural school that had been established by 1909 or 1910. Classes continued until about 1935, when the school was consolidated with the one in Petersburg. A cotton gin was established at Allmon around 1950 or 1951, and a grain storage and elevator was built later in the decade. A general store operated intermittently. In the late 1980s the community consisted of a scattered farm population and a grain elevator, a branch of Barwise Elevator and Fertilizer, with its office located in the old Allmon school building. By 2000 the population reached twenty-four.

Charles G. Davis

 

[ Return to the Floyd County Towns and Communities Page ]   [ Return to the Main Floyd County Page ]

Created and Maintained for the TXGenWeb Project by

Larry "Joe" Reynolds

Copyright © 2015 - 2016, Larry Joe Reynolds, Mount Pleasant, Texas USA.
All Rights Reserved. Limited use rights may be granted by written or electronic permission.