Dr. Gordon & Pauline A. Marcom  

Fannin County TXGenWeb
The Ladonia Historical Preservation Society
Dr. Gordon & Pauline A. Marcom
Photographs by Debby Crofford

 

Photo of Dr. Marcom playing dominoes with Clemmie Rainey at the fire station. 
Dr. Gordon Marcom came to Ladonia in 1951, opened a clinic on the east side of the square and soon after, built a hospital that served the surrounding communities.Dr. Marcom took pre med in Texas Tech, Lubbock, TX. and graduated from Kansas City College.He did post graduate work in Chicago and interned and practiced in Lubbock before coming to Ladonia. Dr. Marcom made house calls and rounds to see patients and even performed surgery if needed. He was always available. Due to Government regulations and specifications the hospital closed in 1966. His death in the left a vacant spot in the community. Dr. Marcom was active in the community and served on the official board of the First Methodist Church, president of the Lyons Club worshipful master of Ladonia Masonic Lodge, and was a member of the KHIVA Shrine.
More about the Marcom Hospital

Pauline A. Marcom
Eastern Star

Dr. Gordon A. Marcom
Mason



 

© 2005
Email Any Additions or suggestions

  Fannin Home page