A Little Twig From Ladonia
Fannin County TXGenWeb
 

A little Twig From Ladonia


 

 
Damaging Fire

"Ladonia has again been visited by a damaging fire.
Last Saturday at the noon hour the pretty home of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Roan was destroyed.
The fire is said to have originated in the explosion of an oil water heater. The flames spread very quickly to the entire building and on account of the high wind was exceedingly hard to confine to the one house. Several incipient blazes were discovered and extinguished, but the Roan home with its entire contents was a complete loss.
Very soon a second alarm was sounded and the home of Mr. and Mrs. Covington, known as the old Relyea home, was found to be afire. Quick work by the fire company soon had this under control, with only slight damage by fire and water."

Back to A Little Twig From Ladonia




 

© 2006
Email Any Additions or suggestions

  Fannin Home page