Jones Mill Community
the cemetery restoration and the state historical marker.
In the 1840's, New Jersey natives John W. & Tamson (Tamezine) Finley Jones settled in Fannin County. Joining them later, other family members included sons who had served as Missionaries to the Choctaw and Chickasaw Nations. The Jones Mill Community arose around the family's flour mill and cotton gin. Four decades later, the Self brothers built a mill,and the population shifted and became known as the Self's Community. Eventually Honey Grove became the predominate area settlement. Over the years many from Jones' Mill contributed to development of churches and other institutions in Honey Grove today, the Jones Mill Community is represented by its Historic Cemetery (1/4 Mi. E.) with Grave Markers dating to 1850.