Ladonia Historical Preservation Society
by Debby Crofford
Will Graves - 1895
The story below tells the history of this house and
the Nunn - Graves
Albert and Oleta Brown
314 E. Main Street
Lot ( out of the
J.J. Robinson Survey, Abstract no. 955 in Ladonia, Texas. About 18 miles
Southeast from Bonham, Texas) was deeded to Lucy V. Maloney on the 17th
day of August, 1888 by C.W.T. Weldon.
House was built by William
F. Nunn ( A banker) for his daughter, Mamie Nunn Graves and husband Henry
Lee Graves. Henry Graves owned a grocery store.
Mamie Graves died
in 1918 and Henry Lee Graves then was married to Miss. Tennie McFarland.
Henry Lee Graves died in 1924.
Mamie and Henry had two children ;
Henry Lee and Mamie moved
to the W.F. Nunn home where Mrs. W.F. Nunn ( Mother of Mamie Nunn
E.G. Barroughs who was married
to Rose Jackson moved into the Graves .
Original Handwritten account below
Any Additions or suggestions
Fannin Home page