This Cemetery is actually
4 cemeteries put together.It was originally the Fitzgerald's Family
They buried their family
and the family slaves in it: the exact location of these graves is lost
as the first marked grave in today's Windom cemetery is in 1874.
By then the original
grave markers of the Fitzgeralds were unreadable and almost gone.
The old Fitzgerald cemetery
is probably along one of the sides or back. But location was known when
the Donaldsons' started their own family Cemetery when they
owned the farm land . By then the Railroad was underway and the town started
, a purchase of land by the
Odd Fellows Lodge created
a Cemetery for the new town to use. Later the town bought land and the
Cemetery completed the various stages of development.
This Cemetery Census
was done by Roy N. Perry, Windom
class of '53,with additions
and notes from Suzie Henderson
Any Additions or suggestions
Fannin Home page