- Layton Hinson BEDINGFIELD
- Born: 13 Aug 1898 in Red River County, TX.
- Death: 7 Feb 1984 in Crosby County, TX and was buried in Ralls Cemetery,
- Father: Needham HINSON
- Mother: Martha CLAMPITT
- Paul BEDINGFIELD
- Born 26 Jul 1891 In Stephens County, TX
- Death: 18 Sep 1954 in Brown Co., TX and was buried in Ralls Cemetery.
- Father: John Arlando Sylvanus "Bud" BEDINGFIELD
- Mother: Lurana Elizabeth MARTIN
- Married: 1 Oct 1919 in Crosby County, TX.
- They had the following children:
- Edna Pauline BEDINGFIELD was born 8 Aug 1920 in Crosby County, TX. She died 17 Oct 1921 in Alamogordo, NM and was buried Alamogordo, NM
- John Earl BEDINGFIELD
- Margaret Lucille BEDINGFIELD was born 18 Sep 1924 in Crosby County, TX. She died 6 Jun 1928 in Crosby County, TX and was buried in Ralls Cemetery, Crosby County, TX.
- Betty Jane BEDINGFIELD
- Jo Ann BEDINGFIELDJo married Gene BOLING.
- James Paul BEDINGFIELD
- Joan BEDINGFIELD
Ralls Couple Marry Here
Mr. Paul Beddingfield and Miss Layton Hinson, popular young people of Ralls, accompanied by Mr. and Mrs. Moore, also of Ralls, drove over Wednesday evening and were joined together in the holy bonds of wedlock by Judge B. H. Howard, Mr. Beddingfield was one of the popular soldier boys from this county who recently returned with an honorable discharge from the service and a good record to his credit, while the bride is the popular daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Hinson, proprietors of the leading hotel in Ralls. Congratulation and best wishes are extended the happy young couple.
The Crosbyton Review, Friday, October 3, 1919
- Paul Bedingfield
Funeral services for Paul Bedingfield, 62, will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Church of Christ at Ralls with Charlie Watkins officiating. Marr Funeral Home of Ralls is in charge of arrangements.
A pioneer resident of Crosby County, Bedingfield died of a heart ailment early Saturday at Brownwood Memorial Hospital. He had lived at Brownwood about 10 years.
Survivors include his widow, Mrs. Layton Bedingfield; four children, John and Jo Ann of Brownwood, Mrs. Alfred Jones of San Antonio and James Paul of the U. S. Navy; two brothers, Frank of Albuquerque and John of California; and one sister, Mrs. Claud Scott of Lorenzo.
©Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, September 20, 1954
- Layton Bedingfield
Ralls (Special) Services for Mrs. Layton Hinson Bedingfield, 85, of Ralls will be at 2 p.m. today in the Carter-Adams Funeral Home with Preston Oden of Lubbock, officiating.
Burial will be in the Ralls Cemetery under the direction of Carter-Adams Funeral Home.
Mrs. Bedingfield, a native of Rosalee [sic], died at 5 p.m. Tuesday in the Ralls nursing home after a lengthy illness.
She moved to Crosby County at the age of 12 from Rosalee [sic] and married Paul Bedingfield on Oct. 1, 1919, in Crosby County. He died in 1954. She was a member of the home demonstration club, a sewing club and Crosby County Old Settlers. The Ralls Museum honored her as an early settler.
She was a member of the Church of Christ.
Survivors include a son, James Paul of Lake Brownwood; two daughters, Betty Abell of Ralls and [Jo Ann] Boling of Las Cruces, N.M.; 12 grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
©Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, Thursday, February 9, 1984
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without my consent.
The information on these pages is meant for personal genealogical research only and is not for commercial use of ANY type.