David Dee Anderson and Mary Elizabeth Matlock Anderson
Crosby County Biography
In Remembrance of
David and Mary Anderson
David Dee Anderson (David D.4, Thomas Mitchell3, William2, William1) was born in Lamar County, Texas June 15, 1862. His father David D. Anderson was 37 and his mother Zerelda McAlister was 35. David died August 25, 1925 in Crosbyton, Crosby Co., Texas, at 63 years of age. His body was interred 1925 in Crosbyton, Crosby Co., Texas.
At age 20 David married Mary Elizabeth Matlock age 16 in Llano County, Texas, March 4, 1883. They had eight children in 17 years.
Mary was born in Indian Territory June 15, 1866 to John "Henry Matlock age 23 and Cynthia Ann Burch age 32. Mary died October 30, 1951 in Garner, Parker Co., Texas, at 85 years of age. Her body was interred 1951 in Crosbyton, Crosby Co., Texas.
David Dee Anderson and Mary Elizabeth Matlock had the following children:
- Zerilda Ettie Anderson was born in Glenrose, Hood Co., Texas March 19, 1885. She married William Franklin Jackson.
At 16 years of age Zerilda became the mother of Ruthie Jackson September 1901.
- Sharlottie Milano Anderson was born September 4, 1887. Sharlottie died October 25, 1888 at 1 year of age.
- Sarah Ann "Sally" Anderson was born in San Saba County, Texas January 29, 1889. Sarah died October 7, 1985 in Weatherford, Parker County, Texas, at 96 years of age. Her body was interred October 9, 1985 in Holders Chapel, Parker Co., Texas. She married Morse E. Leatherman 1903.
Sarah became the mother of David Leatherman ABT. 1906. At 27 years of age Sarah became the mother of Myrtle Zerilda Leatherman September 2, 1916.
- Francis Addyline "Addie" Anderson was born in Thurber, Erath Co., Texas January 26, 1891. Francis died October 24, 1969 in Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto Co., Texas, at 78 years of age. Her body was interred October 28, 1969 in Mineral Wells, Texas. She married Samuel Franklin McCrary in Erath County, Texas, December 6, 1907.
At 17 years of age Francis became the mother of Ervin Dee McCrary in Erath Co., Texas, December 23, 1908. At 20 years of age Francis became the mother of Vernon Elvin McCrary in Erath Co., Texas, April 28, 1911. At 22 years of age Francis became the mother of Orby Franklin McCrary in Erath Co., Texas, April 14, 1913. At 24 years of age Francis became the mother of Mary Jewel McCrary in Stephenville, Erath Co., Texas, February 4, 1915. At 25 years of age Francis became the mother of female McCrary in Lorenzo, Texas, December 30, 1916. At 27 years of age Francis became the mother of Addie Marie McCrary in Lorenzo, Crosby Co., Texas, September 10, 1918. At 30 years of age Francis became the mother of Marion Edward McCrary in Crosbyton, Crosby Co., Texas, June 9, 1921. At 31 years of age Francis became the mother of Marvin Eldred McCrary in Ralls, Crosby Co., Texas, November 21, 1922. At 33 years of age Francis became the mother of Opal Lee McCrary in Lorenzo, Crosby Co., Texas, July 18, 1924.
- Mary Dee Anderson was born December 21, 1892. Mary died February 7, 1893 at less than one year of age. Her body was interred 1893 in Dublin, Texas.
- Male Anderson was born in Huckaby, Texas June 4, 1894. Male died June 4, 1894 in Huckaby, Texas, at less than one year of age.
- David Rainey Anderson in Robert Lee, Coke Co., Texas, June 26, 1897.
- Bennie Alberta "Bertie" Anderson in Stephenville, Erath Co., Texas, October 10, 1900.
- Carl Zinnemon Newton "Zinny" Anderson April 11, 1902. Deceased- buried Crosbyton Cemetery.
Others Researching This Family
- Ellon Brooks [scrapbkqueen63 at yahoo.com]
Site Map Location
Headstone Photo, Inscription & Sentiments
Additional Photos & Documentation
Back row- L to R, Sarah "Sallie" Anderson, friend of Sallie, Addie Anderson. Front row- Cynthia Ann Burch ( Mother of M.E. Matlock ) holding Maudie Johnson, dau. of Mandy Matlock Johnson and John Johnson, Will Jackson, Ettie Anderson Jackson, holding Ruthie Jackson, Mary Elizabeth Matlock Anderson holding Zinnie, D.D. Anderson holding Berdie Anderson, boy standing at right is David Rainy "Bud" Anderson. circa 1919
No Obituary to date
This site may be freely linked to but not duplicated
in any fashion without my consent.
The information on these pages is meant for personal genealogical research only
and is not for commercial use of ANY type.