Perner House

  • The Perner House, Ave D., moved to the present site from Emerald in 1893.
    • In 1893, T. L. Hammonds moved a 3-room frame house from the nearby town of Emerald to this site. In 1894, Phillip Perner (1860-1905), a local merchant, purchased and enlarged the structure. Following Perner's death, his wife, Mary Ross Perner (1864-1942), and their 11 children continued to live here. The house was sold in 1944 to Ralph Jones (1905-72), who was later elected a Crockett County Commissioner and County Judge. Mrs. Ralph Jones is current (1975) owner. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark--1975



Back to Markers

Back to Main Page

TXGenWeb Project

We Love RootsWeb