photo by Darrell Colson
Plymouth Cemetery is located on the west side of
the center of Section 6, Block 16 in
Collingsworth County, Texas. It is one-half mile
south of the former Plymouth Post Office, General
Store and school house. It was from the estate of
W.H. and Elizabeth Bradley, and was used for the
Lake Creek Church until the schools in the north
part of the county were officially consolidated
on April 30, 1934, with the new name of
Samnorwood. The churchyard was first used for
burial purposes in March of 1911 when the infant
son of T.B. and Alice Starkey was buried there.
After the moving of the building, the entire
church area became a part of the present Plymouth
Cemetery. The plots are well laid out in
north-to-south rows, and the cemetery is
well-kept. The census was read from the northwest
corner to southeast, in north to south rows. Mrs.
W.M. Boston, daughter of T.B. Starkey gave the
original information in 1976.
Permission is given to copy
small portions of this website for personal use only.
This entire file and/or website may not be copied or
duplicated. Commercial use is prohibited without
expressed written permission. That includes, but is not
limited to, all photographs.