Brown County, Texas TXGenWeb site... history, genealogy, information.

 

Cemetery Directions      

 

 

 

Antioch Cemetery - East from Brownwood 11.5 miles on Highway 67-377,
turn right on FM 1467, 2.4 miles turn left on County Road 294, 1.1
miles on right.
  
Bangs Cemetery - West from Brownwood on Highway 67-84 from bottom
of Bangs Hill 6.6 miles, turn left on FM 586, at 0.3 mile go straight
on County Road 180 a total of 0.7 mile, turn right on County Road 521,
about 0.5 mile on left.
  
Beaird Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.3 mile on Highway 67-377,
turn right on C. C. Woodson Road, 0.3 mile turn left on FM 2525,
5.3 miles on right. Cemetery is located in a pasture on private
property.
  
Blake Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.5 mile on Highway 67-377,
turn left on Highway 183 N, 18.5 miles turn left on FM 583, 7.7
miles turn left on lane, cemetery is 0.1 mile at end of lane.
  
Blanket Cemetery - East from Brownwood 11.9 miles on Highway 67-377,
turn left on County Road 321, 0.2 mile third road on right turn right
on County Road 619, 0.2 mile on right.
  
Brooks Lee Cemetery - South from Brownwood 3 miles on Highway 377,
turn right on FM 1176, 7.5 miles left on County Road 203, 0.8 mile
on right. Cemetery is located on private land.
Did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
Brown Family Cemetery - Located behind 111 Bluebonnet Drive in Early
on private land. East from Brownwood on Highway 67-377/Early Boulevard,
left on Longhorn Drive, left on Bluebonnet Drive.
  
Cedar Point Cemetery - South from Brownwood 3 miles on Highway 377,
turn right on FM 1176, 0.6 mile turn right on County Road 234,
0.4 mile on right.
  
Clear Creek Cemetery - West from Brownwood on Highway 67-84 from
bottom of Bangs Hill 5.6 miles, turn left on County Road 197,
1 mile turn left on County Road 180, about 0.6 mile on right.
  
Connell Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.3 mile on Highway 67-377,
turn right on C. C. Woodson Road, 0.3 mile turn left on FM 2525,
2.9 miles turn right on County Road 315, entrance is 0.8 mile on left.
  
Cross Cut Cemetery - North on Highway 279 23.4 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, cemetery is on
left at intersection of Highway 279 and County Road 121.
  
Eastlawn Memorial Park - East from Brownwood 4.2 miles on Highway
67-377 on right.
  
Ebony Cemetery (Buffalo Cemetery) - This cemetery was in Brown County
prior to 1887, but is now located in Mills County. South from Brownwood
1 mile on Highway 377, turn left on FM 45, 17.1 miles turn left on
FM 574, 1.6 miles turn left on County Road 538, 1.3 miles on left.
  
Elkins Cemetery - South through Brownwood on Austin Avenue/Fm 2524,
6.9 miles from intersection of FM 2524 and FM 2126 on County Road 267
bear right, cemetery is on left.
  
Eureka Cemetery - East from Brownwood 9.6 miles on Highway 67-377,
turn left on County Road 327, 1.3 miles on right.
  
Fairview Cemetery - North on Highway 279 13.6 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn left on
FM 1850, 2.8 miles cross FM 585 onto County Road 108, 0.6 mile
on left.
  
Gentry Cemetery - South from Brownwood 4.1 miles on Highway 377, turn right on County Road 201, 0.5 mile turn left on County Road 201 at intersection, 4.4 miles on left side of road on curve.  Located in pasture on private property, but did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
Greenleaf Cemetery - South on Highway 377 on right after Texas Avenue
and just before Brady Avenue in Brownwood.
  
Heflin Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.5 mile on Highway 67-377,
turn left on Highway 183 N, 10 miles turn right on FM 1467, 1.9 miles
turn right on County Road 525, 0.6 mile at end of road.
  
Henderson Cemetery - South from Brownwood 11.8 miles on Highway
377, turn right on FM 586, 1.5 miles turn left on County Road 211,
1.4 miles turn right at gate (Cattleguard Road), cemetery will be
about 1.1 miles on left on private land.
Did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
Hollis Cemetery - This cemetery was in Brown County prior to 1887,
but is now located in Mills County. South from Brownwood 1 mile on
Highway 377, turn left on FM 45, 17.1 miles turn left on FM 574,
9.2 miles on left.
  
Indian Creek Cemetery - South from Brownwood 4.2 miles on Highway
377, turn left on County Road 233, 3 miles turn right on County
Road 237, 3.8 miles on right.
  
Jenkins Springs Cemetery - East from Brownwood 3.7 miles on Highway
67-377, turn right on County Road 292 (Jenkins Springs Road),
4 miles on left.
  
Jones Chapel Cemetery - East from Brownwood 3.9 miles on Highway
67-377, turn left on County Road 346, about 0.2 mile turn left on curve
down narrow lane about 0.1 mile.
  
Jordan Springs Cemetery - South from Brownwood 4.2 miles on Highway
377, turn left on County Road 233, 2 miles turn left on County Road 225,
entrance is on immediate left.
  
Kesler Acrey Cemetery - North on Highway 279 10.7 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn left on County
Road 456, 0.1 mile on curve. This small cemetery can be seen on the right
in the middle of a pasture on private land with pipe fencing around it
and a lone oak tree next to it.
  
Levie Old Family Cemetery - West from Brownwood on Highway 67-84
from bottom of Bangs Hill 10.5 miles, turn right on County Road 140,
0.1 mile on left.
  
Lewis Family Cemetery - North on Highway 279 13.6 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn left on FM 1850,
1.3 miles turn right on County Road 105. Located on private land.
Did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
Windham Cemetery - A Texas Historical Location (Lost Creek Cemetery)
(Hogg Creek Cemetery) - East from Brownwood
0.5 mile on Highway 67-377, turn left on Highway 183 N, 17 miles in
Town of May at caution light turn left on County Road 411, 5.8 miles
on right.
  
Macedonia Cemetery (Weedon Cemetery) - North on Highway 279 12.7
miles from Brownwood starting at intersection of Highway 279 and
FM 2125, turn right on Park Road 15, 4.7 miles turn right on lane
across from County Road 536, 0.2 mile to end of lane.
  
Mann Cemetery - North on Highway 279 20.8 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn right
on County Road 120, 2 to 3 miles on left on private land.
Did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
May Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.5 mile on Highway 67-377,
turn left on Highway 183 N, 16 miles on right at intersection of Highway
183 N and County Road 478.
  
McDaniel Cemetery - West from Brownwood on Highway 67-84 from
bottom of Bangs Hill 5.6 miles, turn right on FM 1849, 2.5 miles
turn left onto narrow lane, 0.4 mile at end of lane.
  
Moro Cemetery - East from Brownwood 10.6 miles on Highway 67-377,
right on County Road 325, 0.5 miles on left.
  
Mud Creek Cemetery (Thrifty Cemetery) - North on Highway 279 7.1
miles from Brownwood starting at intersection of Highway 279 and
FM 2125, turn left on FM 2492, 4.6 miles turn right on FM 585,
0.4 mile turn left on County Road 146, 1.5 miles turn left down
lane, turn right down next lane.
  
Mukewater Cemetery - West from Brownwood on Highway 67-84 from
bottom of Bangs Hill 10 miles, turn left on County Road 175,
0.8 mile turn left on County Road 172, 0.2 mile on left.
  
Pleasant Valley Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.5 mile on Highway
67-377, turn left on Highway 183 N, 12.5 miles turn left on FM 2273,
0.5 mile on right at intersection of FM 2273 and County Road 419.
  
Regency Cemetery (Hanna Cemetery) - This cemetery was in Brown
County prior to 1887, but is now located in Mills County. South from
Brownwood 1 mile on Highway 377, turn left on FM 45, 17.1 miles
turn left on FM 574, 3.8 miles turn right on County Road 433, 3.7
miles turn left on County Road 432, 0.5 mile on right. Cemetery is
located down a private lane and can be seen from this gate.
  
Rice Cemetery - South from Brownwood 11.8 miles on Highway 377,
turn right on FM 586, 5.9 miles turn left on County Road 221,
0.4 mile turn right on County Road 222, 0.6 mile on right.
  
Roberts Cemetery (Baugh Cemetery) - North of Brownwood on Belle
Plain/Highway 279, turn left on FM 2125, 5.3 miles on right on Pecan
Bayou Farm. This cemetery is located on Leonardís Pecan Farm.
  
Rock Church Cemetery (Logan Valley Cemetery) - East from Brownwood
12.3 miles on Highway 67-377, turn left at Blanket on FM 1467
(Main Street), 2.9 miles turn right on County Road 362, 0.5 mile
on left at dead-end. This cemetery is partially located in Comanche
County.
  
Rocksprings Cemetery - This cemetery was in Brown County prior to
1887, but is now located in Mills County. South from Brownwood 1 mile
on Highway 377, turn left on FM 45, 17.1 miles turn left on FM 574,
18.1 miles turn left on County Road 523, 0.3 mile on right.
inventory & more information


  
Rocky Creek Cemetery - North on Highway 279 5.2 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn right on County
Road 557, cemetery is at end of road behind church.
  
Routh Cemetery - Take Farm Road 1467 north at Blanket (off US Highway 377), go north and west until you reach Brown County Road 351.
Bear west off 351 to Brown County Road 371. Routh Cemetery will be
on the north side on a rise of land.

  
Salem Cemetery - West from Brownwood on Highway 67-84 from bottom
of Bangs Hill 9.1 miles, turn right on FM 585, 1.7 miles turn left
on County Road 139, 2 miles on right. This cemetery is on a narrow
dirt lane and hard to see from road.
  
Salt Creek Cemetery - East from Brownwood 4.4 miles on Highway 67-377,
left on FM 3100, 3.8 miles on left at intersection of FM 3100 and County
Road 334.
  
Smith Cemetery - North on Highway 279 20.8 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn left
on County Road 114. Cemetery is located about 3 or 4 miles.
Did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
Smith-Carr Cemetery - South from Brownwood 11.8 miles on Highway 377,
turn right on FM 586, 2.8 miles on right on private property. 
A concrete wall encloses this small cemetery.
  
Staley Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.5 miles on Highway 67-377,
turn left on Highway 183 N, 2.7 miles turn right on County Road 348,
0.3 mile.
  
Triplitt Cemetery - North on Highway 279 17.5 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn right on
County Road 115. Located on private land. 
Did not locate the exact location of this cemetery.
  
White Church Cemetery - This cemetery was in Brown County prior to
1887, but is now located in Mills County. Near Regency. 
Did not locate this cemetery.
more information


  
Williams Ranch Cemetery - This cemetery was in Brown County prior
to 1887, but is now located in Mills County. East from Brownwood 1.7
miles on Highway 67-377, turn right on Highway 84-183, 21.3 miles
turn right on County Road 508, 3.6 miles on left.
  
Winchell Cemetery - South from Brownwood 15.5 miles on Highway
377 on right.
  
Windham Cemetery - North on Highway 279 12.7 miles from Brownwood
starting at intersection of Highway 279 and FM 2125, turn right on
Park Road 15, 3.5 miles turn left on FM 2559, 4.2 miles turn right
on County Road 116, 0.1 mile on left behind Byrds Store.
  
Wolf Valley Cemetery - East from Brownwood 0.5 miles on Highway
67-377, turn left on Highway 183 N, 20.2 miles turn left on narrow lane,
0.3 mile at end of lane.
  
Zephyr Cemetery - East from Brownwood 1.7 miles on Highway 67-377,
turn right on Highway 84-183, 10.7 miles on right at intersection of
Highway 84-183 and County Road 259.
  
Generously shared by
Eva Bush