South of Martin, TN
Bethany Methodist Church was organized and built in 1887 on land donated by T. C. Wood. Some of the charter members from the local community were the Wood family along with the Meek, Mahon, Bullington, Cole and Brooks families. In later years Bethany became a member of the Ralston Circuit, sharing the minister with Ralston Methodist, Oak Hill Methodist, Campground Methodist and Pisgah Methodist. Due to declining membership Bethany was dissolved in the 1960's. The site of this church was on what is currently called Bethany Church Road south of Martin.
Submitted by Marilyn Brooks Hammonds
BACK to Churches Page
RETURN to Weakley County Home page
Webpage by MaryCarol