These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
Sanderson Cumberland Presbyterian Church
The Sanderson Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized in 1855 in the
Sanderson Branch community near Pleasant Shade. Ruling elders were Edward
Sanderson, Thomas Sanderson, Jason Sloan, and John C Webb. The Sanderson
family donated the land for the church. The building shown here was built
in1910. In recent years the church moved to a new location and no longer
use the Sanderson name. This old building complete with all its pews and
church fixtures reverted to the original land owners when no longer used
as a church so now it is priviately owned. The interior fixtures were
recently used in a Dolly Parton music video.