These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
The church was constituted on Saturday before the first Sunday in December
1854 (December 2) with ten members. Elders W.H. Hale, W.N. Suite and John
Gold acting as presbytery. Before 1900 this church had a total of seven
pastors, including J.W. Bowen, E.B. Haynie, G.W. Griffin, J.C. Brien, W.N.
Suite, J.M. Phillips, J.T. Oakley, John Harper, W.H. Smith, T.J. Eastes,
and J.B. Fletcher. The church continues to meet in the same building that was
used in the nineteenth century, although the building has been altered."
HISTORY OF SMITH COUNTY,TENNESSEE Pg. 293.