These Photos Graciously Submitted by John Waggoner Jr.
Any Comments or Questions Click Here
Parthenia Methodist Church
The Parthenia Methodist Church is located in McClure's Bend 4 miles from the
Defeated Creek community. The church was established in 1853. The land for
the building was donated by Josiah Reece with the condition that the church
be named for his wife, Parthenia Kittrell, who rode a side saddle though the
community raising money to build the church. Services were discontinued in 1999.